Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Undaunted Celebration Info"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
xvtnmvjuln70.jpg
Official Discussion Thread for "Earn Bonus Loot When Delving Into Tamriel's Dungeons During The Undaunted Celebration"

"Receive exciting bonus rewards when conquering Tamriel’s dungeons during the Undaunted Celebration in-game event."
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks! i am glad the Blind Path Cultist and Recollection motifs are included in the event rewards
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    thanks! i am glad the Blind Path Cultist and Recollection motifs are included in the event rewards

I’m not. It seems the last few expensive motifs and the motifs that have been out for maybe a week will be included in a pool with a 100% drop rate from every box… very few motifs are worth anything now with the market crash. I’m afraid this is going to make every motif worthless to farm, cutting off my income. Hopefully this is an overreaction from me, but I do know motif prices drop every undaunted event and with most motifs now being 5-15k this could get bad.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "A guaranteed chance to drop..."

Guaranteed chance?

Just lol. Ridiculous.
    PC-NA
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darn, wish it started already. those are some hype rewards.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should just call it the Fungal Grotto I celebration event since that's what will be popping every random dungeon queue.
  • BixenteN7Akantor
    BixenteN7Akantor
    ✭✭✭
    Well, double drops in every dungeon, I'm not gonna stick to FG1. My stickerbook will be happy ! :)
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow, the two new motifs are finally available? I've been eyeing the Recollection one for a while. Will it be available for general release too?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    Oh wow, the two new motifs are finally available? I've been eyeing the Recollection one for a while. Will it be available for general release too?

pretty sur recollection and blind path cultist were made available in game with U43

for the OP: im happy for the double drops, i only have 7 more dungeons to finish gear on and a few of them only need about 10 runs (currently), or 5 runs with the event
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin - Quick question about event tickets.

The announcement says, "If you earn any more while already at that Event Ticket limit [the 12-ticket cap], they’ll be lost to Oblivion!"

The way it's been working recently is, if the ticket drop would put you over cap, you don't get any of them, so if you're at 11 or 12, in this case. But there's a warning issued, and you can go spend some, run another dungeon, and still get your daily tickets - so you don't completely lose your chance to get those tickets for the day, like it used to be.

These protections are still in place, right? Tickets are not actually lost to Oblivion?

This was changed about a year ago - it was a great change, imo. One of several changes that have been done to correct issues about the initial system that inspired me to write Event Tracker - but an addon only helps people who know about it, are willing to use it, and are on PC, so I'm very glad these changes are base game now.

Thank you for getting the announcement out in advance, and I really appreciate those dates going out so early now! <3

Of course, if you're with people who are willing to wait a moment for you to hop out and spend some, and return to loot the boss again, you can just get your tickets that way without any problems at all. (That's always been the case; it's not new.)
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the only new monster style pages are the Earthgore Opal weapon styles? Well, damn... Here's to getting a bunch of dupes while trying to get those few new style pages...
  • Cantankerous_Kuma
    Cantankerous_Kuma
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

A few dungeon motifs are not included in the list of drops in the article (Coldsnap, etc.).

Are these not going to be dropping or were they just accidentally left off the list?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, double drops in every dungeon, I'm not gonna stick to FG1. My stickerbook will be happy ! :)

Yup. Advance apologies to all the people I drag into DLC dungeons during the event. If it’s any consolation I’m a competent healer!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • jonenuka
    jonenuka
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    xvtnmvjuln70.jpg
    Official Discussion Thread for "Earn Bonus Loot When Delving Into Tamriel's Dungeons During The Undaunted Celebration"

"Receive exciting bonus rewards when conquering Tamriel’s dungeons during the Undaunted Celebration in-game event."

thanks so much! this is awesome
  • samkinloos
    samkinloos
    Soul Shriven
    xvtnmvjuln70.jpg

thanks!
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    "A guaranteed chance to drop..."

Guaranteed chance?

Just lol. Ridiculous.

Used to be the standard way they announced these, I think for a couple of events they actually phrased this a bit better, my guess would be their legal department is responsible for using those exact words.

If I remember correctly, "a guaranteed chance" and then a list of rewards means: "you are guaranteed to get one of the following rewards" in normal human language.
  • jonenuka
    jonenuka
    xvtnmvjuln70.jpg

We are very happy to have such activities, and we hope to have such activities more often
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will infinite archive and arenas be included in the double drops?
  • Irhak
    Irhak
    ✭✭
    sooo.... the mask drops are limited to only the stated or the other opals drops too? And does non-opals drop also for those or not?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irhak wrote: »
    sooo.... the mask drops are limited to only the stated or the other opals drops too? And does non-opals drop also for those or not?

non-opals only drop if the associated monster arms pack is in the store, they are not related to the event

the ones stated in the article are the only current available opals
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• Irhak
    Irhak
    ✭✭
    But there is also opal from ICP that is buyable shoulder... and there were more oplas in past years... Do they still drop or not this year?
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is an item set piece drop from Undaunted Reward Box curated?
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    i11ionward wrote: »

Based on the rewards I've been getting in dungeons with incomplete sets, I think yes.

If you're still collecting items, make sure to bind the item you loot from the last boss before opening the reward. The drops you get bind automatically after you can no longer trade them with group members, so if you open the reward while the item you just looted can still be traded, you could get duplicates.

The item you get from the reward box can't be traded and will be bound to your account immediately. So if you're selling pillar of nirn dagger runs for example, don't go do the dungeon thinking you'll be able to sell 2.
    Edited by loosej on September 13, 2024 8:31AM
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭✭
    loosej wrote: »
    i11ionward wrote: »

Based on the rewards I've been getting in dungeons with incomplete sets, I think yes.

So it's time to finish the sticker book for lair of maarselok
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after doing dungeon runs last night, im down to like ~50 pieces of gear left to collect across all dungeons before being complete

i think i estimated last night i would need about 26-27 more runs to fill out everything, because a few dungeons im missing an odd number of items so the bonus drop will be wasted on a those runs
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭

non-opals only drop if the associated monster arms pack is in the store, they are not related to the event

Strangely I just had a non-Opal Swarm Mother mask style page drop from Spindleclutch 1 today. It dropped directly from the Whisperer (not the event reward box).
    Ps4 EU
  • brownkatty
    brownkatty
    Soul Shriven
    I think the increased chance of items dropping will increase player interest, but it will also have an impact on the market, so it is important to think carefully about items dropped during the campaign
  • mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    why do we get only 2 tickets per day compared to pvp mayhem when we got 3 per day?

looking forward to farm missing collection items from various dungeons.

happy farm to everyone!

cheers
    AD Orc Nightblade - Manndingo, High Elf Templar - M Mike Adriano Nord Dragonknight - Ser-Gregor Clegane
    High elf Sorcerer - Grand Maester Mitch Dark elf Nightblade - Gilbert Arenas Redguard Dragonknight - Half Man Half Amazing Redguard Sorcerer - Uncle Drew High Elf Dragonknight - Devon Larrat Imperial Warden - Sandor Clegane M Nord Necromancer - Tormund Husband to Bears High Elf Necromancer - Ana Maria della Salute High Elf - Warden - Samuel F Jackson Argonian - Templar - Kraken Reptile DC Argonian Warden - Gustavo Giviria Rivero High elf Sorcerer - Jackie Kennedy Orc Necromancer - Lucifer Blackstar EP Redguard Templar - MItch Buchanon
    PC-EU since Feb2016 (+8k h in game)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peacatcher wrote: »

Strangely I just had a non-Opal Swarm Mother mask style page drop from Spindleclutch 1 today. It dropped directly from the Whisperer (not the event reward box).

i think the styles which have opal variants can also drop the non opal variant too

when buying with undaunted keys the shoulders you have to buy the non-opal variant before you can buy the opal variant, not sure if the same situation applies to the monster helm styles too
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master