Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 44 Preview Livestream"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
wu8v9voxqkk1.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Get A Glimpse Of ESO's End-Of-Year Adventures In The Update 44 Preview Livestream"

"Discover what’s in store for The Elder Scrolls Online throughout the rest of 2024 by watching the September preview livestream."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on September 10, 2024 10:13PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silly question... Is the chaos ball a dewmer artifact?
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it is actually BG related, sigh.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    May I set the chaos ball on a path of destruction in my house? I am thinking of setting up a line of dummies and having it float down the line and doing damage and chaos. :p

J/K ;)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is this information provided, outside of Twitch?
    I don't use twitch and I have no plan to change that.
    Along the drifting cloud, the eagle searching down on the land
    Catching the swirling wind, the sailor sees the rim of the land

Yes ~ Fragile ~ 1971
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LaintalAy wrote: »
    Where is this information provided, outside of Twitch?
    I don't use twitch and I have no plan to change that.

They generally put up a series of news posts on the main site after the reveal stream.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    May I set the chaos ball on a path of destruction in my house? I am thinking of setting up a line of dummies and having it float down the line and doing damage and chaos. :p

J/K ;)

I once created an amulet in TESIII Morrowind that did that.

When activated a fiery ball would travel down the street; NPCs and Guards would get the glowing-belly thing for a few seconds as it passed them and then just keel over dead. Really impressive at night as the light from the projectile lit up the things it passed.
    They generally put up a series of news posts on the main site after the reveal stream.

thanks.

Along the drifting cloud, the eagle searching down on the land
    Catching the swirling wind, the sailor sees the rim of the land

Yes ~ Fragile ~ 1971
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The progress on the drop seems to have gotten stuck for me, and I also can neither read nor post to chat (but chat is being referred to in the stream, so maybe it’s an issue with the app or my connection).

I’m looking forward to the new BGs — those are my favorite form of PvP. I wonder why all no CP though? I would expect the competitive mode to have CP enabled.

Enjoying seeing the new houses and looking forward to the new companions!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i lose out on the pet because the stream ended up closing the progress at 2:44. im disappointed as i was at 96 percent
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    So after a long year wait on a "major pvp update" - in a game which its original main quest and full concept had at its core the pvp scene in Cyrodiil - which to this day remains the best pvp scene ever created, literally begged in every possible way by the players to be improved over the years if not at the same level with the pve stage at least better than what it used to be back in the day - this game's creators not only utterly ignore that entire community but they even push a completely different (and unecessary) mini pvp -battlegrounds update - which to this day is nothing but a vanilla version of what's happening in Cyrodiil. And as far as the update goes all I see is more mixing up pve with pvp rather than paying attention to what is really desired.

I shan't say that the new update won't be cool, and rewarding and all the paraphernalia all new content is surrounded by - but actual pvpers will end up again in Cyrodiil, again crying their fate and once more being majorly dissapointed by the devs.

Will let you judge for yourselves the fairness of this all and the crowning failure of an already dissapointing year.

At this point the only fair thing it remains you to do is to at least come forth and openly state that there's nothing more to be done with Cyrodiil - it's too old, you cannot - it is outdated - it is what it is. At least give us some closure so we can go our merry ways and learn to leave with what we got - because clearly there's nothing more to be gotten in that way other than what is clearly perceived as ignorance.

At this point I literally beg for closure, cause all hopes are dead. Come forth and let us know that Cyrodiil is done and nothing more beyond trinkets (like the stacked sieges we got earlier this year) and other nonsense of this sort can be "improved" about it - so we no longer beg like idiots for something that's never happening.

Thank you.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    i lose out on the pet because the stream ended up closing the progress at 2:44. im disappointed as i was at 96 percent

We'll have recap streams with the same drop available. So there will be other chances to claim it this week.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager

Also just chatted with customer service: If you encountered issues with Twitch Drops, please put in a ticket with @bethesdasupport. More info: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/38955

They should be able to help you out.
    Staff Post
  • monkidb16_ESO
    monkidb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Also just chatted with customer service: If you encountered issues with Twitch Drops, please put in a ticket with @bethesdasupport. More info: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/38955

They should be able to help you out.

Is that a new policy? Because when I asked support a few years back when the Necrom preview drops bugged out for me they told me i should contact Twitch support instead.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll have recap streams with the same drop available. So there will be other chances to claim it this week.

Thank you very much. Is there any detail as to *when* these recap streams might be, or a link to the site that will list them once a list of times is worked out and published?
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Golden Pursuits mentioned in the blog posts. were they even mentioned on stream? I clicked through it again but couldn't find any section on that topic. what that about?
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »

Thank you very much. Is there any detail as to *when* these recap streams might be, or a link to the site that will list them once a list of times is worked out and published?

I'd like to know this as well. I set a reminder on my calendar, got notified, was at my computer at the right time to watch and then.... I don't know what happened.

I blacked out or something because suddenly it was Thursday and I was at my computer thinking... Wait a minute, wasn't I about to watch the ESO Twitch stream, what happened?

Anyhow I'm guessing I got distracted somehow and missed it. 😄
    PC/NA @GP323
  • robertlabrie
    robertlabrie
    ✭✭✭
    Will the Update 44 battleground changes make any current BG achievements unobtainable?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Will the Update 44 battleground changes make any current BG achievements unobtainable?

Current BG achievements should all be obtainable with the U44 update. Playing in 8v8 modes will be the best way to get achievements as it has all game modes in there. 4v4 will have a good portion, but some are adjusted for smaller scale combat. We'll have more info in the patch notes next week.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on September 13, 2024 4:49PM
    Staff Post
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Capture BOTH enemy relics within seconds of each other" in Capture the Relic, looks like it will be a problem?

Unless the enemy team in an 8v8 has TWO relics to capture, to compensate for fighting 2 enemy teams with 1 each.
  • NaluHays
    NaluHays
    Soul Shriven

Is there any new information on this? I am very interested in the pet but I couldn't watch the stream... :neutral: