Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Shadow Queen's Cowl Set useful outsideThieve Guild dailies?

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
I am currently testing this set during normal stealing around a city but to be honest I don't see much benefit there and considering that I sacrifice a 2m detection radius reduction for it I wonder if this set is really worthwile at all. Maybe there is some benefit from it when using it for one of the Thieves Guild dailies where you have to steal from a dedicated cave. But outside of it?

Anyone else have tested it and drop something here on his/her results?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a casual thought of mine, not backed by any experimental evidence, but maybe this set could be quite useful in robbing safe boxes, for example, in banks or other places where guards are very close by and constantly watching those boxes?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just thinking about it...
    So after succefully pickopocket set proc only that npc what I pickpocket or all around me?
    Because... I'm satisfied with my thief vamp build. And lose 2m detectin radius for see guards and thieves and DB dailies?
    I don't know...
    Really sorry for my english
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »
    I just thinking about it...
    So after succefully pickopocket set proc only that npc what I pickpocket or all around me?
    Because... I'm satisfied with my thief vamp build. And lose 2m detectin radius for see guards and thieves and DB dailies?
    I don't know...

I don't claim that this set is good, it just seems to have its uses... kind of... right, it does, doesn't it?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am currently testing this set during normal stealing around a city but to be honest I don't see much benefit there and considering that I sacrifice a 2m detection radius reduction for it I wonder if this set is really worthwile at all. Maybe there is some benefit from it when using it for one of the Thieves Guild dailies where you have to steal from a dedicated cave. But outside of it?

Anyone else have tested it and drop something here on his/her results?

I find it useful for heists and sacraments. The issue with using this at all other times, is for the most part npc pathing doesn't really change much and is if anything, repetitious and predictable.

It would be better if I could see players using it as well, then it would really be helpful for other things aside from PvE.

Boosting the stealth mechanic itself, including the radius, would almost certainly be more useful for hitting safeboxes and the like.
    Edited by Vulkunne on August 29, 2024 1:53PM
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at the top of a fresh Thieves Guild playthrough and was looking forward to trying this out. I was a bit shocked to discover that the detect life effect doesn't work on non-civilian enemies, such as the Iron Wheel.

I'll still use this mythic while I quest, but I do wish it revealed the location of all NPCs, rather than just civilians and guards. I certainly wouldn't bring it to any other type of content...which I think is fine, given the kind of item it is.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate that we now get antiquity items like this one that are for other activities than just combat stuff.

I hope though that they will add more items that help. For instance I really would like an item that helps with pickpocketing.

Apart from some passives and racial boni nothing in the game enhances pickpocketing success, only improving hiding or sneaking.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not even useful inside TG dailies, as to use it you have to give up one of the stealth sets bonuses (there's three sets, they stack) which when combined basically make you undetectable right up u til you're touching the NPC, and IMHO being basically impossible to detect is faaaar more useful than seeing guards and goons though walls