The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How many professions?

marty83
marty83
✭✭
Just wondering how many should I invest time and skill points into?
  • Opioid
    Opioid
    ✭✭✭
    As many as you want to and are interested in leveling.

Personally, I plan to invest heavily in maybe one or two crafting trees then make sure I have points distributed where I want them in various class, weapon, armor, guild, racial trees, etc. then use the leftover points to dump into random crafting stuff here and there. I think I read that the total number of skill points you can get by leveling, getting all the shards and from quests is something in the area of 200+, maybe upwards of 300. I could be wrong though.

Either way, you generally have a lot of points to play with, plus you could always respec if you find that you spent points on something you don't want anymore.
  • marty83
    marty83
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I'm prob going to do something very similar now I just have to decide which 2 I want to go with. I guess I'll try to keep all the mats I can find just in case I want to switch down the line.