Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Opened 15x All-Maker Crates - got one legendary item, and 15 blue items

• Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason I have crowns at all is due to ESO+ otherwise I would never buy these things on their own.

If you look at them like I do, a crown is basically $00.01USD so a 1000 crowns is $10 real world money. (or in other words your paying $140+ for some of the bigger houses)

Some folks would be better off if they could just buy some of those crate mounts for $100 to $200 dollars (or more) a piece but the crates are like playing a slot machine, you get addicted to the role and the thrill of being the one to hit it big.

I've only purchased crates once and they were the ones that came with the Coldharbour recall animation as a set (later abandoned for the free gold road recall). As for RNG,I didn't get one single mount out of 25 crates but I did get the same pet twice.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't gamble, it is bad for you.
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen an Apex reward since the Dwarven Crates first came out in 2017. All the other Apex mounts I own have been purchased with crown gems which is saying something.
    JaeyL
    PC NA and Xbox NA
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know they had the odds as public information like that, damn.

Even still though, they are some atrocious odds.
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BenTSG wrote: »
    I didn't even know they had the odds as public information like that, damn.

Even still though, they are some atrocious odds.

Better chance of winning the powerball than getting an apex mount now days. (this is an exaggeration, but not much of one. Check the odds, for reals)
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Once I used my sub crowns on a 15 box set. Got one flower diadem and the rest was absolute garbage.

In the last ten years I have bought 0 boxes. And it still bothers me I wasted all those crowns.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PDarkBHood wrote: »
    3gcavrynja29.jpg

Well, as you can see I do like the crates!! I do buy crates and I hope the revenue goes to support hiring of good talent to make ESO a better product/game. This is why I choose to buy crates, to support the future of ESO as it is a business. What I do hate is getting the same Superior Rewards: Vvardvark pet (from Ragebound crates) for example to a point where it would be statistically impossible if it was random. This has occurred for many other Superior Rewards from different crates too, you get the same item over and over again. Within a same gem priced tier the probability of getting an item should be the same. If it is not the same then ZOS has an ethical obligation to state that there is different. The statistics supports that there is a difference. Anyways. the house always wins and we win too as the prizes are fun to have!

You can't buy a Guar for 33 gems. So despite what the picture says; you didn't win a guar.

The result mix that I got frequently was: 1xdrink; 1xfood; 1xsoulgem; The other two cards being a minor scroll; training volume; minor adornment; with a pet or body marking being the major prize. Generally speaking mostly low-value items.

I stopped buying crates when gems were introduced; this just devalued the already low-value rewards even further.
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zharkovian wrote: »
    Yes, it is just gambling, the only one that wins is ZoS

No, no. ... I've got a system ...

:#
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    75 crates - no radiant apex. Can't remember if I got any "legendary" items, Can remember being annoyed with the amount of junk. The gems from 75 crates were low.

25 crates and not even a apex mount. Once again mostly junk.

The odds of obtaining anything decent is getting worse.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)