Icons on the Alpha map?

MoonPile
MoonPile
✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious if anyone figured out what the icons on the original Alpha map mean?
https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-map-alpha_map.jpg

They match up roughly with the gates between zones, but then the Bangkorai one makes no sense. They don't seem to be dungeon locations either.

Started wondering about it because I've been gazing longingly at the Tenmar Forest stretch, which has one. I badly want to see that area and Alabaster, Corinthe and Torval.
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During betas we were limited to certain areas,so they probably jsut adjusted or moved em.Maybe they saw they were in odd places,or jsut quick spots on map before putting the real areas.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering when there's two icons in one map they're always next to each other I suspect they're not showing the actual location and just indicating that thing is found somewhere in that map.

Maybe they hadn't finalised the location of dungeons, public dungeons, delves etc. and would place the icon once they had, or maybe the zoomed out map was supposed to just be a summary and you'd have to click into the map to see actual locations.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"