Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dark Anchor Phasing/No Rewards Either

Evarwyn
Evarwyn
✭✭✭
Hey All!

I've been noticing that I'm seeing active Dark Anchors, but no mobs in front of them to engage. I know that if a group is actively fighting these DA's, you need to "phase" into their fight, however, is there a way to engage the DA and claim one for your own phase?

Is this just a bug?

Also, I've mentioned this before, but Dark Anchors need to have loot.

I understand the main purpose is through completing the Fighter's Guild, but people who are not doing the guild quest lines are not receiving any incentive/reward for Dark Anchors. Once the game loses its "Brand New Feel", in about a months time, I'm afraid people wont have an incentive to complete them.
Edited by Evarwyn on April 3, 2014 1:12PM
  • Adhamh
    Adhamh
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean. I encountered my first dark anchor yesterday and was expecting something only to find out that they're for the fighter's guild questline.

Though, at least it gives me some sort of incentive to work on those quests. But when I finish that.. I probably wouldn't care too much about the anchors. Maybe now and then when I come across one while exploring I'll go "why not?"
    IGN: Adhamh
    Race: Nord
    Class: Dragonknight
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
  • gcalex5
    gcalex5
    ✭✭✭
    Same here at the risk of getting flamed for comparing this to another game. But something like rifts system when you compete in and event you get a reward based on your contribution to the event?
  • PatrickSwagzy
    You need to always be rewarded. Sometimes you get loot and sometimes you don't. The anchors are something to do if you are in the area or passing by. You don't always get blue items from dungeon bosses either.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just a bug.

What happens:
    If you engage the mobs of a dark anchor, but then run away far enough taht the leash back - this can bug them out so they just disappear.

Results in an "active" anchor, with no spawns.

Takes 10min to reset.

May be faster tho after todays patch, (said something about resetting if no players are around).

re: Rewards:
    They work exactly the same as the rest of the game. Each mob gives 100-300 xp, as long as you tag it once. The final boss has a good loot table, but again you need to tag it once to get anything - tho in bosses case you also need to do a certain percentage of dmg (pretty low, like 2-5%). (or in healers case, heal a certain percentage of someone whos dealt some damage to it)

Tip:
    Activate the pinions. Or just stand near them when someone else does. They will fully refill your sta/hp/magicka, and give you a general power buff for 30 seconds.
    Edited by Axer on April 8, 2014 12:51AM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)