Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

OAKFATHER'S Retribution BUGGED?

Lordtalon90
Hello I am hearing multiple things from the PVP community stating that OAKFATHER's is Bugged/Broken. Currently as the Set reads it should work as follows "(5 items) Gain 449 Offensive Penetration against enemies for each Major Buff they have active. Gain 20 Weapon and Spell Damage against enemies for each Minor Buff they have active." So if you were playing against a player that had say Major Expedition, Major Resolve, Major Expedition, and Major Brutality then you would get 449x4=1796 penetration. However, from what I am hearing the set is working OPPOSITE of it's stated intended effect. Rather than buffing from ENEMY Buffs, it is Buffing from the Wearer's Buffs. So if you are in a comped group that has many people applying group buffs then the sky is the limit for the penetration and weapon/spell damage you can get from this set while in a group.

My question is what is the current status of this set? Is it bugged and not working as intended? OR is it that the set IS working as intended but the Set's Description is inaccurate.

I have also heard that is is buffing from both buffs AND debuffs so I hope someone can look into this ASAP. vfwhwp6w1k77.png
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The stat numbers in CMX are incorrect. I saw the same thing so I manually verified by dueling one of my alt accounts.
    You do no extra damage with self buffs and only do more damage with enemy buffs. You can check it by dueling a friend.

The set is still good against some mid-sized 4-6 player groups and classes with lots of self buffs like NB, Stam Sorc, Oakensoul, etc. On average it's as stat dense as Shattered Fate and often better.

Keep in mind it does no extra damage against Cyrodiil Guards, IC bosses, etc.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on August 2, 2024 11:31PM
    PC NA
  • PudraSekeri
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    The stat numbers in CMX are incorrect. I saw the same thing so I manually verified by dueling one of my alt accounts.
    You do no extra damage with self buffs and only do more damage with enemy buffs. You can check it by dueling a friend.

The set is still good against some mid-sized 4-6 player groups and classes with lots of self buffs like NB, Stam Sorc, Oakensoul, etc. On average it's as stat dense as Shattered Fate and often better.

Keep in mind it does no extra damage against Cyrodiil Guards, IC bosses, etc.

Do the stats scale to a single enemy, or do they include all enemies you are currently fighting?
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do the stats scale to a single enemy, or do they include all enemies you are currently fighting?

Stats scale to individual enemy, they don't stack from multiple targets.
  • patdedub
    patdedub
    ✭✭
    PvP is ***
  • patdedub
    patdedub
    ✭✭
    There is a dev for pvp where the *** is he