Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Heres a Quick Tip on armor Repair

patrickmaurab14_ESO
I have found its cheaper to buy new armor
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's even more cheaper to craft it :smiley:
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    You don't really need to repair armor in early levels. You'll almost certainly replace it before it breaks, or at least find a suitable replacement (maybe not exactly as good, but close enough).

As far as crafting, up to mid teens, that's fine, but beyond that, you're not going to really be able to keep crafting all your own gear. Anyone can craft first tier items of any type, but after that, you need to start spending skill points to keep crafting.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repair kits cut the cost of repairs too.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is true as well... Plus you just wear what you get as you get it. Especially in the lower levels.
  • HardyHero
    HardyHero
    Where I can buy a repair kit? Can I craft one?
    Be a person of whom the world is not worthy.
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Merchants sell repair kits. I don't believe you can craft them.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • HardyHero
    HardyHero
    I searched but not found in Dagerfall...
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never repair, just break down and remake. You save gold, and get skill ups, and the new armor will be the same level.
  • Taeko
    Taeko
    Maybe in the future we'll be able to repair our own armor if we have skills and levels in that craft. It doesn't really make sense to me that I can make all of my own armor, but I can't fix it.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    I never repair, just break down and remake. You save gold, and get skill ups, and the new armor will be the same level.

Which makes a lot of sense, really.

If you bring a mangled, twisted, battered hunk of what was ONCE a breastplate to a modern day blacksmith practicing traditional styles, they'll probably tell you it needs to be melted down and re-forced in the image of what it once was (or scrapped entirely if they can use superior alloys at cost).
    Edited by Sarenia on April 7, 2014 3:12AM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • HardyHero
    HardyHero
    But that does not make much sense if the armor you wear comes with some sort of charm or bonuses. The next you will not come with this bonus. I have a set that gives me +7% experience in exploration. Always fix it. However, other parts of the armor I made ​​it myself.
    The difficulty in finding gold makes the players build their own armor, but realized that there are not many types of armor to do.
    The only thing that is changing is the lvl, but the look of them is the same.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taeko wrote: »
    Maybe in the future we'll be able to repair our own armor if we have skills and levels in that craft. It doesn't really make sense to me that I can make all of my own armor, but I can't fix it.

You can, with Repair Kits.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HardyHero wrote: »
    But that does not make much sense if the armor you wear comes with some sort of charm or bonuses. The next you will not come with this bonus. I have a set that gives me +7% experience in exploration. Always fix it. However, other parts of the armor I made ​​it myself.
    The difficulty in finding gold makes the players build their own armor, but realized that there are not many types of armor to do.
    The only thing that is changing is the lvl, but the look of them is the same.

Yeah if the armor has enchants you can replace them, if it's a trait, you should research it and not break it down. Even inside the same style (Dunmer for example) the items you produce will look better and better: a level 10 helm looks better than a level 4 or 6. Not to mention than when you improve a item from white to green (or higher) the look improves radically