Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What gamesdo you play to fill the time of ESO server outage?

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
Curious with what you fill your time of outage.

I used to play some global strategic or town-building games like Farthest Frontier, Old World or Civilization IV or some jump and run games like Limbo, Inside, Little Nightmares, and currently play Soul Mask (survival game, early access).
Edited by AnduinTryggva on July 9, 2024 10:05AM
  • SalamanNZ
    SalamanNZ
    ✭✭✭
    Plan for my next pvp build. Or edit videos. Sometimes I even spend time with my family
    Options
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭
    civ 1
    shogun 2
    no signal
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    minecraft and life, as in i simply turn off my game machine
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play other games just because the servers here are down, I generally have at least one other game I'm regularly playing in addition to ESO. It's currently Starfield, which I'm enjoying very much.

In any event, the servers are generally down in my mornings, and that's when I tend to have other things to do anyway.
    Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timberborn. ´Completetly different from ESO, a chill city builder with cute beavers and lots of water management. Still in early access but very playable and fun in its current state. Even the experimental branch is pretty much flawless currently.
    Options
  • BlackRaidho
    BlackRaidho
    ✭✭✭
    Real life. But no furniture found in my neighbor house yet.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I search the cupboards and dressers in my neighbors houses looking for loot I can fence.

:smile:

Actually... just "life", which is what I do most of the time when the ESO servers are not down, too.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eat dinner, watch some TV, go to bed
    Options
  • Thysbe
    Thysbe
    ✭✭✭
    Clean II and Tidy up I o:)
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housework if forced, or read if I can get away with it. Today though is all damn day in town.... *SIGH*

I was really pleased to be able to download the patch and get it installed just now though. At least that's done!
    Edited by TaSheen on July 9, 2024 12:10PM

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • TwiceBornStar
    TwiceBornStar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually just go into maintenance mode myself, which basically means I'll still be sitting here, but instead of having heaps of fun like I'm usually having whilst sitting in this chair, I'll just be staring at the screen resembling something like a mind-wiped Zombie in a vegetative state, with a mildly-blank expression on my face, trying to bring myself back from the dead with an extra-strong Espresso. But! Sometimes I'll answer a question on the forums, if I feel like it's a really complex, mind-boggling, deep and philosophical one that's in dire need (or worthy!) of my attention.

*prattling on like everyone's still interested*

Options
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Age of Mythology or busy doing work.
    Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW looks like you can login again (EU). At least I am still in login process^^

and successfully completed...
    Edited by AnduinTryggva on July 9, 2024 12:15PM
    Options
  • TwiceBornStar
    TwiceBornStar
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW looks like you can login again (EU). At least I am still in login process^^

and successfully completed...

*snaps out of it*

Options
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭
    I play no game, why would I do that? I have other important things to do that I complete during the down time, that way I have enough time to play after server goes up.
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I search the cupboards and dressers in my neighbors houses looking for loot I can fence.

I explore old ruins and hit unsuspecting tourists ugly goblins with my stick staff.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
    Options
  • Orbital78
    Orbital78
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't take downtime to switch up games, but some other good titles are 7 Days to Die, Empyrion, Going Medieval, Medieval Dynasty, Infection Free Zone (EA needs more work), Manor Lords, Wartales, or Stranded Alien Dawn. The majority of my gameplay still revolves around ESO though, but it is good to step away from time to time, especially between DLC's.
    Options
  • DoofusMax
    DoofusMax
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of enjoying "Talos Principle II". It's a great little time-waster and I like the current game much better than I liked the first, which was an awesomely well-done game in its own right.
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Freecell.
    Options
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I go to sleep. servers always go down at 1AM and they're up by the time i wake up without fail.
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO maintenance (which typically starts around 6-7pm in my time zone) doesn't bother me much this year, because my ESO playing is in maintenance mode, due to various game problems I'm getting fed up with. So I've been spending almost all my gaming time this year playing other games. I only login to ESO to collect login reward, daily hireling mails, and (on some days) starting the next round of trait research on 7 alts.

Eventually, my breaks from ESO will get longer, and my ESO playing time will get shorter, and I'll quit ESO.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It varies. If I'm on the computer and looking to play a game and ESO isn't available I'll probably play either Guild Wars 2 (which doesn't have to go offline for maintenance) or Baldur's Gate 3 (which is offline). Other times I'm working or travelling or doing stuff around the house or whatever. Or playing games on something else, we have 10 consoles here (counting handhelds, but not counting the Gamecube in a box in a cupboard), and too many board games.

Today I spent some of the maintenance time playing Tears of the Kingdom and some completely failing to avoid the rain while running errands. I swear it stopped whenever I got where I was going and started up again when I left.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Usually I just do other things, or if I feel like gaming, right now I'm playing Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden, so I'll play that. But I always have at least one other game on the go in addition to ESO, so what game I play will change.
    Options
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm lucky in that maintenance is during my work day.
    Options
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually get stuck doing work if I'm not sleeping, but this time I got to watch stream VOD's and plan for gaming doesn't involve ESO: classic games. :)

I've been in Tamriel since beta, but the shine is definitely wearing off in recent years with all the ZOS missteps. I don't plan to be leaving here for good any time soon; however, more and more often, I find myself thinking, "It'd be great to go play Link's Awakening or Final Fantasy Mystic Quest once I finish up my ESO dailies. Story questing in this game just isn't calling to me today."

Games Done Quick always reminds me of how great classic games often are, despite—sometimes because of—being more simple in design. After the 2024 Summer GDQ ended a few days ago, I found myself craving some serious playtime in SNES-land: Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire, Illusion of Gaia/Time, Final Fantasy, Lufia, Secret of Mana, etc. So with this downtime and the SGDQ vids to entertain me, I started planning to spend less time in ESO once I finish my remaining zones, and more time revisiting the classics. Or experiencing some classics for the first time, since I had very limited access to games growing up rural in the 80s and 90s. Not sure what it says that a more modern game now makes me want to play something older than many of the people on these forums.
    —PC/NA, never Steam—
    Getting lost in TESO Tamriel and beyond since Beta 2013!
    Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The games I'm playing besides TESO are (in approximate descending order of frequency) Daggerfall, Pool of Radiance, Arena, Oblivion, Morrowind, Millipede, The Bard's Tale, Baldur's Gate, and Skyrim.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ck3 >.>
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quite vice versa some recent time, it's getting harder and harder to break from other games to do an endeavour and claim a daily lol.
    Options
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed hogwarts legacy once I got into it. Got it on sale a year late. It filled in the time waiting for gold road. Nice to have a toon that climbs, and has a coat that moves in the wind, a toon that looks decent when running. Hadn't realized how much like playmobile my eso toon is. And flying on a flying horse!

And then it's over, and one wanders back into eso.....
    Edited by Pelanora on July 10, 2024 7:38AM
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we're doing lists here's games I've played in the last week or so, besides ESO of course: Guild Wars 2, Baldur's Gate 3, Tears of the Kingdom, Horse Tales: Emerald Valley Ranch, Terra Nil, Tales of Kenzera: Zau.

I've never been the type of person who sticks to just one game at a time, I'm always jumping between different ones based on what I feel like at the time (and whether anyone else is using the TV or computer).
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options