Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO official softdrink

Sllocsredle
I saw earlier of Rockstar soda, looked really good near the Karthwolf, would be fun to see the character drink a soda in game, so is that the soda to drink?
  • Rkindaleft
    Rkindaleft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What am I reading
    https://youtube.com/@rkindaleft PlayStation NA. I upload parses and trial POVs sometimes.
    6/9 Trial Trifecta achievements.
    Tick Tock Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if TES citizens have the equipment to make sodas but now I'm thinking about the Dwemer and perhaps they could've had the equipment...
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the OP is refering to one of the promotional marketing tie-ins:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/619089/official-discussion-thread-get-an-in-game-eso-mount-more-w-doritos-and-rockstar-energy-drinks/p1

But it's an old promotion that, AFAIK, is no longer active.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rkindaleft wrote: »
    What am I reading

I'm not sure either what he means with "soda". Is that some new weird Bosmer brew like rotmeth?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Sllocsredle
    lol, I am hoping to get that wolf in through to Falkreath, would be funny to see a soda can on the side of the wolf while riding
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rockstar isn't a soft drink. It's an energy drink.
    PCNA
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think everything that doesn't contain alcohol counts as a soft drink?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

It's debatable. This definition
    https://www.britannica.com/topic/energy-drink
    says they're different, but then a 'soft drink' definition I saw elsewhere just says it's a non-alcoholic drink.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Sllocsredle
    The reason why I am writing about the wolf is a correlation with connecting over from Craglorn into literal Skyrim territory, the in game gold does not pay like paying with crowns, a softdrink is what I saw as a connection piece in the future when buying Hakvild High Hall
  • Sllocsredle
    didn't realize there was a debate in terminology of drinks, interesting, drink people know better than me
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's not beer or champagne I'm not interested. Especially not something like a promotional "crossover".

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. A soft drink is a carbonated beverage, such as Coke and Pepsi, and is usually consumed to quench thirst. An energy drink may also be carbonated but contains caffeine, and it's main purpose is to get the consumer pumped up. Some soft drinks also have caffeine but not nearly the amount that the energy drinks do.
    Edited by SilverBride on July 8, 2024 1:35AM
    PCNA
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    If it's not beer or champagne I'm not interested. Especially not something like a promotional "crossover".

Sounds about right. I'd also be fine with tea or absinthe, but a promo crossover with a video game would be... unusual.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds about right. I'd also be fine with tea or absinthe, but a promo crossover with a video game would be... unusual.

Tea's fine though I prefer coffee (very strong and very black). Absinthe.... is there now a non-lethal version?

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tea's fine though I prefer coffee (very strong and very black). Absinthe.... is there now a non-lethal version?

For years. The main problem 100 years ago wasn't the thujone from the wormwood, but the cheap alcohol they used. I still wouldn't drink too much of it, though, and it should be reasonably diluted (traditionally 1 third absinthe, 2 thirds cold water).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4cBXIKT.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For years. The main problem 100 years ago wasn't the thujone from the wormwood, but the cheap alcohol they used. I still wouldn't drink too much of it, though, and it should be reasonably diluted (traditionally 1 third absinthe, 2 thirds cold water).

Ah. I had it once and while I enjoyed the small shot, I had memories of reading about those who drank "a little too much" (amount never specified!), hmmm.... Wilde and Baudelaire in particular.

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah. I had it once and while I enjoyed the small shot, I had memories of reading about those who drank "a little too much" (amount never specified!), hmmm.... Wilde and Baudelaire in particular.

Also Vincent van Gogh. And Toulouse-Lautrec, too, I think.
    kargen27 wrote: »
    4cBXIKT.jpg

There's still space on the writ board, the pavement, and your armour.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

4cBXIKT.jpg

I can see it now "Penzoil" on the flanks of our steeds. Of course the NASCAR'ification of mounts means they would only be able to make left turns.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see it now "Penzoil" on the flanks of our steeds. Of course the NASCAR'ification of mounts means they would only be able to make left turns.

I'd prefer some sausage brand. Because that's what my horse will become if it's not fast enough.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd prefer some sausage brand. Because that's what my horse will become if it's not fast enough.

ROFL!

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROFL!

Except for this one, of course:

bpbwcfodx387.png

This will become

1n7cizqb2pdb.png
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nathan's Famous Steed

Coca- Coral Crawler

McGuarnald's
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw earlier of Rockstar soda, looked really good near the Karthwolf, would be fun to see the character drink a soda in game, so is that the soda to drink?

Well of translation not wordy good. Fun doesn't get it. Lies are announcement.
    Suppositorial placement recommending for. :s

(requirements not met)
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ROFL!

Except for this one, of course:

bpbwcfodx387.png

This will become

1n7cizqb2pdb.png
    Ah yes, the famous invisi-mount! :)
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4cBXIKT.jpg

I'd like to point out the time Carl Webb (footy player) had a sponsor's logo shaved onto his head for several matches.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I’ve always wanted to try this. I think I remember some bar in the metro area here has it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Rkindaleft
    Rkindaleft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a bad omen if your mount becomes a bratwurst.
    Edited by Rkindaleft on July 8, 2024 8:36AM
    https://youtube.com/@rkindaleft PlayStation NA. I upload parses and trial POVs sometimes.
    6/9 Trial Trifecta achievements.
    Tick Tock Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, no. The last thing I'd like to see is another lore unfriendly thing popped into the game solely to line pockets. They should at least stick to the elder scrolls themes and lore if this must be done at all. I can't remember ever seeing a khajiit selling or consuming Doritos or Soda in any of the TES games nor would I want to experiecne that.

Now, maybe, having a tasty sugar free Skooma flavour or any existing in game drink flavour created and/or some homely soft baked Rimmen Raisin Cookies in lore friendly packaging with in game Rimmen Raisin Cookie furnishings. This sort of thing might enhance something bigger, like a tie between an overhauled version of this game and a new action packed TES TV series. Such a large endeavour might peek this one's interest. It would depend on if it's well done. :D
    Edited by Arrodisia on July 8, 2024 11:25AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to point out the time Carl Webb (footy player) had a sponsor's logo shaved onto his head for several matches.

ESO could make even more out of it: Face and body markings, adornments (how about a funny Coca Cola party hat?), maybe even replace sorc pets. Would you not love a flying bottle of Mountain Dew with obnoxiously flapping wings? Although colourwise, that would be more an Arcanist thing... I have to reevaluate that.
    I’ve always wanted to try this. I think I remember some bar in the metro area here has it.

We have a self-labeled "absinthe bar" here, but it's more a tourist trap and the stuff they sell tastes awful. Luckily, there's also an absinthe speciality store that does tastings, they have really good ones. Quality does vary a lot, especially as the name "absinthe" doesn't seem to be protected. Under that term you'll get the "real" absinthe (which is distilled), as well as neutral alcohol infused with herbal extracts (without destillation), sometimes not even that, but just a cheap mix of artificial flavours. Most French and Swiss absinthes are quite good, though.
    Rkindaleft wrote: »
    It’s a bad omen if your mount becomes a bratwurst.

If it's this, it's already a bratwurst:

2z4axzylx5ub.png
    @Syldras | PC | EU