Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Help Wanted: Epic version not working

AardvarkMcG
AardvarkMcG
Soul Shriven
Hi all

After the recent game launcher update my game just will not play voa the Epic game launcher. I have spent the last 4 weeks or so talking though the various levels of support from both ZOS (when they can be bothered to look at the ticket - currently 5-7 days between replies) and Epic support all to no avail, so I am turning to you, the community, to see if anyone can help.

When I install the game from the Epic Games Store, it installs the base game launcher from Install Anywhere and their own launcher file zozEGSStarter.exe. This installs arounf 370 Mb of files. When I start the game from the EGS the Zenimax launcher begns to start but then just closes after about one minute without actually launching. Because of this the main game files are then not installing from the Zenimax launcher.. rinse repeat.

Has anyone got a fix for this? I have done all the steps that were suggested by support (uninstall everything, reinstall it, checked *** space, checked graphics drivers, Window updates, chdsk, safe mode, run as admin etc etc) but the launcher is still failing to initialise.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 8, 2024 10:58AM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the PC Technical Support section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • AardvarkMcG
    AardvarkMcG
    Soul Shriven
    Well moved to a page that will not get it seen..thanks I guess..
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭

You could post about your issue in the official new launcher update discussion here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/642066/new-patcher-rollout/p7

It should get seen there because the moderators tell us that topic is being monitored.
  • ZOS_CouchTato
    @AardvarkMcG if you need further assistance and you are struggling to find a resolution here, we can also encourage you to scroll to the bottom of this article to submit a ticket to the Support team. They have a tech issue team that can help you out.
    Staff Post
  • AardvarkMcG
    AardvarkMcG
    Soul Shriven
    Kainarel wrote: »

You could post about your issue in the official new launcher update discussion here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/642066/new-patcher-rollout/p7

It should get seen there because the moderators tell us that topic is being monitored.

Many thanks
  • AardvarkMcG
    AardvarkMcG
    Soul Shriven
    @AardvarkMcG if you need further assistance and you are struggling to find a resolution here, we can also encourage you to scroll to the bottom of this article to submit a ticket to the Support team. They have a tech issue team that can help you out.

I have been trying with support for about 4 weeks and the latest reply that "someone will get back to me soon" was 6 days ago and the ticket is still showing as Waiting on Agent so I don't have much faith in the process hence coming to the forums where people are (a) generally more knowledgeable abpout on the fly fixes and (b) usually quicker to repond :)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @AardvarkMcG

What is your current ticket number so we can take a look?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • AardvarkMcG
    AardvarkMcG
    Soul Shriven
    Ticket: 004551
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @AardvarkMcG

Your ticket number is missing a few digits. It should appear in the following format.

000000-000000
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post