Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Why don't Mirrorplasms Count as Amorphous Foes!?!

DP99
DP99
✭✭✭✭
They're just a new version of Voriplasms and Coagulants! they should Count! :/
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This goes back to the "every enemy has one monster type" thing.

Other slime-looking enemies like Void Rots don't count either. We know that Void Rots are counted as "Void" enemies too. I'd assume that Mirrorplasms (and Crystal Atronachs, and the new Shard things) are all categorized under a new type of Crystal- or Mirror- based creatures.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strangely enough flame atronachs count and I wouldn't call them amorphous either...
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hit this endeavor unexpectedly at a Mirrormoor incursion. I'm not sure what creatures it counted but that seems to be the best bet.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had no idea fire atronachs would count.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I got it in Bedlam.

I don't know what enemy it was, but Mirroplasms at an Incursion and in the one delve where you get the Reachfolk trinkets didn't work. Also it popped only as we got past the puzzles so I don't know if it was Mirrorplasms there.

Dunno.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ran into this too, I thought the new zone Endeavor tags just hadn’t been implemented on the monsters yet because I ran into a similar problem with the ’humanoids in West Weald’ daily a while back. I had to go to Murkmire and murder Voriplasms to complete this one. 😕
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Vonnegut2506
    Vonnegut2506
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got it at the first incursion I did today.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it on Netches.
    PCNA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it on Netches.

So did I, but I didn't want to attack friendly netches, so I went to SE Vvardenfell near the Shrine of Azura where some netches are kept by Red Exile Ashlander Netch Herders. There was only one there-- I swear there used to be more-- so I ended up going to Stonefalls and killing the netch world boss there. I had to stop attacking it and let it flog me with its tentacles long enough for its two adds to respawn so I would be able to kill enough netches for the endeavor.

One of the Undaunted dungeons was Darkshade Caverns II, which has a netch boss with enough adds to have easily satisfied the daily endeavor and possibly one of the weekly endeavors as well, but I didn't have enough time before the reset on PC EU to solo that dungeon. I'll probably do it on PC NA since I have a lot more time there.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just went to Bal Foyen because there are plenty of Netches there. I don't consider them friendly because they just ignore me and don't even say "hi".
    Edited by SilverBride on July 6, 2024 2:22PM
    PCNA
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it at the first incursion I did today.

So did I. I still have no idea what was amorphous there.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something on second boss in Kynes Aegis counts as an amorphous foe - could be a conduit or maybe the storm twin, all I know is I had none collected when I entered the trial and the endeavour popped halfway through the fight.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I got it on Netches.

...I didn't want to attack friendly netches...

I killed all netches as they are just digital pixels that respawn a few minutes after. :#

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ran into this too, I thought the new zone Endeavor tags just hadn’t been implemented on the monsters yet because I ran into a similar problem with the ’humanoids in West Weald’ daily a while back. I had to go to Murkmire and murder Voriplasms to complete this one. 😕

That's what I ended up doing, thought that I could get it done at an incursion with the Mirrorplasms, but nope. Nothing else seemed to count from an incursion or anywhere else in West Weld, so I just went over to Murkmire and killed some Voriplasms and Voriplasmic Corpses for it.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose netches also. And my elf doesn't like killing the peaceful ones so she got 3/5 by doing the WB in south central stonefalls. Then she held her nose and killed two peaceful ones in the same meadow. Didn't feel like doing DS1 just to get the last two. In hindsight, we probably just should have waited for the WB and its two minions to simply respawn.

Who woulda guessed that netches are 'amorphous'. Thank Kynareth for the website with endeavor tips run by @BenevolentBowd .
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on July 6, 2024 11:02PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose netches also. And my elf doesn't like killing the peaceful ones so she got 3/5 by doing the WB in south central stonefalls. Then she held her nose and killed two peaceful ones in the same meadow. Didn't feel like doing DS1 just to get the last two. In hindsight, we probably just should have waited for the WB and its two minions to simply respawn.

Who woulda guessed that netches are 'amorphous'. Thank Kynareth for the website with endeavor tips run by @BenevolentBowd .

Thanks. I've added the tips about the flame atronachs and the mirrormoor incursions.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Grec1a
    Grec1a
    ✭✭✭
    This goes back to the "every enemy has one monster type" thing.

Other slime-looking enemies like Void Rots don't count either. We know that Void Rots are counted as "Void" enemies too. I'd assume that Mirrorplasms (and Crystal Atronachs, and the new Shard things) are all categorized under a new type of Crystal- or Mirror- based creatures.

I've just killed Tho'at's mirrorplasm ads in the Archive and got the endeavour for bestial daedra :D So now we know lol
    It's a tradition, or an old charter, or something...