Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

Wildburn Lynx - a step in the right direction

Aurielle
Aurielle
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
ju0py3hazt70.jpg

z0dlxkqzf8kl.jpg

A little thank you to ZOS for the Wildburn Lynx, an apex-quality mount minus the Crown Crate gambling. It took a while for me to obtain the mount (only unlocked the achievement yesterday, and I've been working towards it since Gold Road dropped), but it was well worth the time and effort. The anticipation of unlocking this mount made me engage with the new zone far more than I would have otherwise, and sitting on the mount for the first time truly felt like an achievement.

What I like most about this mount (besides its appearance) is the fact that it's attainable, but not trivially so. There are just enough steps involved to ensure a little bit of exclusivity and rarity. I know the decision to lock one of the mythic leads behind a trial was controversial, but to anyone refusing to do it just because of the trial, I encourage you to go for it, as you may be pleasantly surprised. Personally speaking, I was easily able to join a PUG group for normal HoF via the group finder, and all went smoothly. Most people in the trial were obviously completing it for the first time. We did it in around 25 minutes without breaking a sweat. No one was toxic, no one criticized group DPS (which was pretty low) or the occasional death, and everyone got their lead drop.

It would be great to see more achievements like this with nice mounts as rewards. The vet trial achievement mounts are really nice too, but they're achievable by only a tiny fraction of the player base. It has been a while since we had such a nice reward that everyone can work towards if they really want it and have the time.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is not the first time as we got a similar mount with Necrom's Berylglow Nix-Ox from the Savior of Necrom achievement,
    but i agree this is a good thing and i hope every future chapter gets it.

would be cool if older chapters got mounts like these as well.

edited to add nix ox picture:
    3g108nex4mn4.jpg

Edited by LunaFlora on July 5, 2024 6:30PM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's very pretty--but I'd prefer it without the glowing eyes, personally. Otherwise, not much use for it for me. It was pretty doable to earn.

I kinda wish it came with a smaller matching reward, like a Wildburn Lynx hat or Wildburn non-combat pet. Then you could really accessorize with your major zone achievement.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    it is not the first time as we got a similar mount with Necrom's Berylglow Nix-Ox from the Savior of Necrom achievement,
    but i agree this is a good thing and i hope every future chapter gets it.

would be cool if older chapters got mounts like these as well.

edited to add nix ox picture:
    3g108nex4mn4.jpg

Oof, yeah, forgot about that one. I generally dislike nix ox mounts, so I never acquired it. But yes, I agree re: older chapters; having a nice apex-levl mount to achieve would be a great way to revitalize old content.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s good to have both — mounts exclusive to difficult game achievements and others that just take putting in the time to unlock them. :) I do appreciate that we have some nice new mounts to earn in game and the free mounts for the anniversary year have been a variety of types and styles — something to suit most people’s tastes.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit interested, then read that among the prerequisite achievements are master angler and collecting all 3 mythics for the new zone. They're certainly not making this mount easy to get. Also, the glowing eyes spoil it for me, I prefer a more natural look.
    Edited by vsrs_au on July 6, 2024 12:54AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I was a bit interested, then read that among the prerequisite achievements are master angler and collecting all 3 mythics for the new zone. They're certainly not making this mount easy to get. Also, the glowing eyes spoil it for me, I prefer a more natural look.

The fishing achievement took around two hours with fishing CP enabled, rare fish food eaten, and Sharp-As-Night along for company. The mythics took a few days, but it wasn’t bad.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to have that mount. The sticker for me is the group stuff.... no problem with fishing, but the mythic leads in group content, and the lead in the trial.... SO not my thing. So I'll probably just live without it.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, it's just a cat with antlers?