The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone else crashing in PvP extremely frequently since the patch?

Steadman
Steadman
Soul Shriven
Ever since the patch, I've been crashing whenever I enter a battle in PvP involving more than 50 people. It has gotten to the point where I crash then can't even log on to my character since it'll crash as soon as I get in game (the other players still all around me).

Before the patch I was able to play in 300 man battles and not crash once, but now I crash nearly every time I have more than 50 players on my screen.

Tried lowering graphics settings, didn't help.

Anyone else notice lots of crashing since the patch?
  • ParkerHale
    ParkerHale
    Soul Shriven
    Yes. Before the patch I had played around 20 hours, not one crash. After the patch, my computer is crashing constantly. Sometimes, I can play 2 hours before it freezes/black screens. Sometimes, I can't even play for 5 minutes before it crashes again. I have changed nothing with my software/hardware in the last 2 days. I actually tried playing my other games. Played 4 hours of Thief and 3 hours of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, not one crash or problem. Whatever the problem is, its on Zenimax's end. I was fine before the last patch, now I can't really play. I definately won't be subscribing if the problem is not fixed soon.

i7 975 3.3GHz
    6 GB RAM
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 3Gb
    Windows 8 64bit
  • Intergalactical
    @Steadman I'm getting constant crashes since the patch, as well as constant disconnects with "unknown errors", never got these before the patch. It has basically made the game unplayable for me, it happens every 5 minutes or so.