The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Takes long time for objects/players/npc's to show up on screen ?

• bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apokh wrote: »
    GTS450..so what? This card is even slower than a GTX280. A HD6670 is even slower than this really slow card is.
    I hope you don´t excpect ESO to run optimal at a 5yrs old Hardware? Try tweaking your system or files...but at the end of the day you´ll have to face, that one day the time has come to upgrade ;)
    May also be, that it is a Driver thing.

@bosmern_ESO‌ youl probably will see an improvement, but only if your cpu can handle it. To most ppl I´d say "better buy a CPU upgrade first" but in case of a GTS450 or HD6670 there is no doubt, that the GPU affects the performance. But when your CPU gets the bottleneck after GPU upgrade maybe you see no improvement.

My CPU is an AMD 8120 8-core processor. ( can't tell the clock rate because i can't seem to find anything about it.) But yes, i was planning on buying a R9280-290. Should i look into upgrading my Processor?
    ~Thallen~
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    GTS450..so what? This card is even slower than a GTX280. A HD6670 is even slower than this really slow card is.
    I hope you don´t excpect ESO to run optimal at a 5yrs old Hardware? Try tweaking your system or files...but at the end of the day you´ll have to face, that one day the time has come to upgrade ;)

It's not the GPU as it's only running at 70% max while playing the game, would be nice if the game was SLI compatible as well. Same with the CPU it's only running around 70% with all cores undocked. GPU drivers are up to date.

• Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭

@bosmern_ESO‌ youl probably will see an improvement, but only if your cpu can handle it. To most ppl I´d say "better buy a CPU upgrade first" but in case of a GTS450 or HD6670 there is no doubt, that the GPU affects the performance. But when your CPU gets the bottleneck after GPU upgrade maybe you see no improvement.

My CPU is an AMD 8120 8-core processor. ( can't tell the clock rate because i can't seem to find anything about it.) But yes, i was planning on buying a R9280-290. Should i look into upgrading my Processor?

I would not upgrade any hardware just yet. Wait till they give us the true fullscreen mode, instead of this borderless window. Based on earlier experience, the windowed mode requires a good 10-15% more power to run the game, compared to a true fullscreen mode.
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Hexo
    Hexo
    I don't have this problem, but perhaps this can help:

In UserSettings.txt found in ...Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu, find and change the following line from the original "0" to "1".

SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "1"

What it does
    Setting it to 1, 2 or 3 will decrease graphical quality of NPCs, players etc., which might make them load faster.

Setting it to -1, -2 or -3 will do the opposite and increase graphical quality of NPCs, players etc.
    Edited by Hexo on April 11, 2014 12:24PM
  • Turskanpotka
    Guild wars 2 had this problem in www (similar to cyrodil) with lots of players on the screen, they got it fixed somehow. This phenomenon was called 'culling'.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hexo wrote: »

I had a few moments to play with this setting this morning, setting it to "1" from "0" seem to make a noticeable difference but still hasn't completely fixed it. Setting it to "2" made no difference than "1", I'll try "3" this afternoon and see if that makes any changes.
  • Akula
    Akula
    ✭✭✭✭

In UserSettings.txt found in ...Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu (or live), find and change the following line from the original "0" to "1" (or try higher if you can accept the lower graphic details)

Remember to set UserSettings.txt to Read-only as to not overwrite your changes - note that changing in-game settings with UserSettings.txt set to Read-only doesn't work very well.

Holy crap thank you sooo much. Game was almost unplayable so I checked this, and this command wasn't even in my file. Added it and now it is 1000% better.
  • Hexo
    Hexo
    Akula wrote: »

In UserSettings.txt found in ...Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu (or live), find and change the following line from the original "0" to "1" (or try higher if you can accept the lower graphic details)

Remember to set UserSettings.txt to Read-only as to not overwrite your changes - note that changing in-game settings with UserSettings.txt set to Read-only doesn't work very well.

Holy crap thank you sooo much. Game was almost unplayable so I checked this, and this command wasn't even in my file. Added it and now it is 1000% better.

Glad it works B)

Edit: Sometimes ESO overwrites the changes I've made in UserSettings.txt, this can be alleviated by setting the file to read-only. This does, however, give a few problems, so maybe it's better to just re-edit the file whenever the changes are overwritten ;)
    Edited by Hexo on April 11, 2014 12:23PM
  • Akula
    Akula
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akula wrote: »

Glad it works B)

Just in case a future patch does change anything in the UserSettings.txt, it might be a good idea to delete the file after an update, and thus let the game create a new file automatically when you log in.

It shouldn't be needed after every patch, but I'd do it on occasion, at least until the problem is permanently fixed, either by Zenimax, or by locating the bottle neck on your computer/network that make objects/NPCs/players load slow.

Best of luck :)

So after logging out for a bit I logged back in a trouble was back. Checked and the command was gone again. So why would it be deleted? So frustrating...
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Akula,

That's odd... That line was there for me when I first checked but when I closed the game right down to change it from 1 to 2 just for testing the line wasn't there for me as well.. I was confused so I closed the file and folders and rep opened them back up and the line was magically there again...

I thought my computer was playing tricks on me!
  • Akula
    Akula
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akula,

That's odd... That line was there for me when I first checked but when I closed the game right down to change it from 1 to 2 just for testing the line wasn't there for me as well.. I was confused so I closed the file and folders and rep opened them back up and the line was magically there again...

I thought my computer was playing tricks on me!

Yea I've been messing with it. If I leave it open in notepad++ it says another program has modified it. I revert and it's missing. Then close it, open it from the folder and it's back. :neutral_face:

Anyways hope they fix the issue sometime. I'm still getting it every 30 mins to an hour. Better than every 10mins though for sure.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried "3" and it didn't make and differences between "1" or "2"

Thought setting it to "1" vs "0" is noticeable, almost fixes the issue completely aside from in cities or when a lot of players are around.

I haven't tried it in PvP but seeing how players still take time to actually show up on the screen when I'm in town I can only guess it would be about the same for PvP.

Sure how we can or Zenimax can get to the bottom of this as it's the only issue I have with this game.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What *is* that parameter for, anyway?
  • qwertyburnsb16_ESO
    qwertyburnsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have had this problem. It really only occurs during peak times and in capitol cities where it is really crowded. Have done all the recommended stuff with no change.

Generally, I know when it's my problem when I have a lag spike and then I am dead or nearly dead or even lack of response from NPC's or mobs. Usually I reboot my hub and that does the trick.

I know when it is their problem when after a lag spike there is no or little change to other player positions when they are travelling and/or my status has not changed during combat.

It is normally the later so people it is their problem rather than yours. They need to get it sorted, maybe the the Mega server was too ambitious.

Note also that only fanbois are lag free.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have tried every suggestion in this thread to improve the slow load error, while the game is running much better, i still have issues where i run through stairs or randomly fall through floors, as well as mobs and/or PCs not loading til i've been standing around awhile. I am upgrading to a new pc in a few months but would hate to end up with a high end rig and still have this issue, pvp is flat out unplayable for me.
  • JelloTopia
    I had this issue while I had the game installed on a HDD. It was also a few years old with some bad sectors. Since I moved install to SSD I've had no problems.
  • Hexo
    Hexo

Updated my original post :)
    Edited by Hexo on April 11, 2014 12:08PM
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the GPU as it's only running at 70% max while playing the game, would be nice if the game was SLI compatible as well. Same with the CPU it's only running around 70% with all cores undocked. GPU drivers are up to date.
    That is another story. The GPU load does not really say anything about the performance you theoretical could get. This is simply a well known fairy tale. When for instance the VRAM cannot be filled because of the small bandwith (128bit is really not so much, and having 2 cards does not mean 256bit either, its still 128bit+128bit) ..you will never come over 70%. This and the optimization of ESO.

See, the GTS450 has a limited bandwith and also very limited power. I had this card myself 2 yrs ago and it was slow then. It wont be better 2yrs later. Sounds dumb, but it is simply that easy. Considering a look on the tech. Forums and PS4/X1 using AMD I´d also not suggest a NV update atm. When I look what NV Users say about their performance and then take a look at my good old HD7870 - at the moment ESO likes AMD GPUs much more..and Intel CPUs ;)

At this time I´d also not recommend to update BUT..yees BUT I had a FX8120 too and was very "proud" to have a 8core CPU. But in GW2 even as in WOW it did NOT give any advantages. It was even slower than some i3 CPUs and that was really, really sobering. I sold it and bought a 2nd hand i5-2500k which gave me a fps boost of nearly 50% in the mentioned games. I simply provides more performance per clock cycle..and this is simply it.

To the GPU: as I said above, AMD seems to be the right decision atm. But if you want the gpu mainly for ESO the R290 is a bit "overkill"- yes you may buy it and it will be superfast - but probably not with the fx8120. But I guess you (ESO) would participate most in having a R270/280 and a core i5 cpu.

Only suggesting. Perhaps you remember my words, when you consider upgrading.

Edited by Apokh on April 11, 2014 12:34PM
    Legenden
    Play@Feierabend mit der legendärsten Feierabendgilde.
    Besuch uns.
    Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
  • ZOS_RobertM
    ZOS_RobertM
    ✭✭
    Could we have everyone post a Game Consultant please?

Here is how to find and use it:
    •Click on the golden cog icon in the top right corner of the game launcher.
    •Under SETTINGS - LAUNCHER, select the ABOUT tab. This tab includes the current launcher version, minimum specifications, and information about Game Consultant.
    •Click the "Game Consultant" button beneath the tool description.
    •A new window will pop up. When it does, click "Run Tests." This may take a few minutes.
    •When the test is complete, a new window will pop up saying "Success!" The report saves itself as a text file called Report.txt in the My Documents folder.
    •To retrieve the file, click the "Open Report Location" button on the Game Consultant window, or click "Open Report" to simply view it. Then post that file here either in the spoiler tag or by attaching the file.

Edited by ZOS_RobertM on April 11, 2014 1:09PM
    Staff Post
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gladly, thank you for taking the time to show us you guys are actually in there working on things :) Absolutely hate the common policy of "reply to nothing and eventually it might get fixed" that most mmos seem to have :p
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Updated my original post :)

+1
  • 2ndcovenant_ESO
    I have had the same problem but primarily during peak hours, I have the chance to play a lot (I am lucky) so this gets a bit bothersome when I get attacked and can't attack back, otherwise this game is absolutely amazing! Here is my consultant (attached).
    "*** Chi: A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack.
    Egg Shen: Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain!" - Big Trouble in Little China
  • Akula
    Akula
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is another story. The GPU load does not really say anything about the performance you theoretical could get. This is simply a well known fairy tale. When for instance the VRAM cannot be filled because of the small bandwith (128bit is really not so much, and having 2 cards does not mean 256bit either, its still 128bit+128bit) ..you will never come over 70%. This and the optimization of ESO.

See, the GTS450 has a limited bandwith and also very limited power. I had this card myself 2 yrs ago and it was slow then. It wont be better 2yrs later. Sounds dumb, but it is simply that easy. Considering a look on the tech. Forums and PS4/X1 using AMD I´d also not suggest a NV update atm. When I look what NV Users say about their performance and then take a look at my good old HD7870 - at the moment ESO likes AMD GPUs much more..and Intel CPUs ;)

At this time I´d also not recommend to update BUT..yees BUT I had a FX8120 too and was very "proud" to have a 8core CPU. But in GW2 even as in WOW it did NOT give any advantages. It was even slower than some i3 CPUs and that was really, really sobering. I sold it and bought a 2nd hand i5-2500k which gave me a fps boost of nearly 50% in the mentioned games. I simply provides more performance per clock cycle..and this is simply it.

To the GPU: as I said above, AMD seems to be the right decision atm. But if you want the gpu mainly for ESO the R290 is a bit "overkill"- yes you may buy it and it will be superfast - but probably not with the fx8120. But I guess you (ESO) would participate most in having a R270/280 and a core i5 cpu.

Only suggesting. Perhaps you remember my words, when you consider upgrading.

I'll have to try the CPU and GPU out! thanks for the recommendations, will save me a lot! (im not to familiar with CPU's) but wouldn't the Intel processor not be compatible with my mother board? It supports AM3+
    Edited by bosmern_ESO on April 12, 2014 3:48AM
    ~Thallen~
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Could we have everyone post a Game Consultant please?

As requested, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Eivar‌

It looks like the traceroute in the report is cutting off early, meaning there could be something running blocking your connections.

Make sure the following ports are open through your router, as well as any firewall you have running.
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507

You may also want to try disabling startup items and services that could also be blocking anything.
    • Click Start, and type msconfig on the search box
    • Right click on the msconfig.exe program and choose Run as administrator
    • To place your computer into selective start up:
    • On the General Tab at the top, click on the Selective startup radio button
    • Uncheck "Load startup items"
    • Click on the Services tab at the top
    • On the Services tab check the Hide all Microsoft services check box at the bottom
    • Click the Disable all button at the bottom
    • Click Apply, then click OK
    • Restart your computer

Try launching ESO after making these changes and see if it helps with objects and NPC's loading.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @j_labbeb16_ESO‌

The traceroute in your report is being stopped on the second hop, which can happen when a firewall is blocking a connection, or your router will not allow traceroute packets to be accepted.

You may want to try flushing the DNS as that can sometimes help with packet loss.
    • Open up command prompt( Start> Run> cmd.exe> Ok) or Hit the Windows Key+R and then cmd.exe
    • You may need to Run the command as administrator in Windows Vista/7
    • Click the start button and navigate to the command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt)
    • Make sure that you right click on the command prompt application and choose "Run as Administrator")
    • Type in the command ipconfig /flushdns

We also suggest going to http://www.pingtest.net to see if your connection is dropping packets.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Eivar‌

It looks like the traceroute in the report is cutting off early, meaning there could be something running blocking your connections.

Make sure the following ports are open through your router, as well as any firewall you have running.
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507

You may also want to try disabling startup items and services that could also be blocking anything.
    • Click Start, and type msconfig on the search box
    • Right click on the msconfig.exe program and choose Run as administrator
    • To place your computer into selective start up:
    • On the General Tab at the top, click on the Selective startup radio button
    • Uncheck "Load startup items"
    • Click on the Services tab at the top
    • On the Services tab check the Hide all Microsoft services check box at the bottom
    • Click the Disable all button at the bottom
    • Click Apply, then click OK
    • Restart your computer

Try launching ESO after making these changes and see if it helps with objects and NPC's loading.

So I tried both of your suggesstions, neither caused any noticeable improvement still very slow loading npcs and running through stairs/falling through floors. attaching an updated report.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the speedy reply BillE,

I've opened the ports on my router
    Did the whole Selective startup thing
    Flushed the DNS as instructed,
    ESO was already added to my windows firewall but I also tried completely disabling the firewall as well.

95904728.png

Seems that I'm not dropping any packets also.

Right now it seems slightly better, stairs/floors/doors/other players are appearing faster and I've yet to fall or walk through them after a quick test in the city. When I run into the building that has a banker it still takes time for the NPC and furniture to show up. I'm still seeing mounts with out players in town so I've haven't bothered to test PvP as I would assume the issue is still present.

Here's an new updated report since all the changes, I'm still open to trying and testing anything you at Zenimax can throw at me.

ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @j_labbeb16_ESO‌

The traceroute in your report is being stopped on the second hop, which can happen when a firewall is blocking a connection, or your router will not allow traceroute packets to be accepted.

You may want to try flushing the DNS as that can sometimes help with packet loss.

We also suggest going to http://www.pingtest.net to see if your connection is dropping packets.

• Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    Here's an new updated report since all the changes, I'm still open to trying and testing anything you at Zenimax can throw at me.

It still seems that the traceroutes get borked after the first hop.

Is it possible that you connect your computer to the web so that it has its own public-ip, bypassing the router NAT? If yes, might be a good idea to run the consultant like that, to see if it makes any difference.
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.