Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which scribing skill(s) do you slot for PVP?

taugrim
taugrim
✭✭✭✭✭
For my Stamcro (and very briefly on Stamden) I've slotted Shattering Knife, which is Multi-Target Focus (w/ in 5m of target), Warrior's Opportunity Signature (+8% martial damage taken), and Minor Vuln Affix (+5% damage taken for 20s). It's amazing for burst but pretty harsh on sustain as a spammable, and Necro sustain is pretty bad to begin with. It was fun to try that skill because that was one I theorycrafted for AOE Stamina builds before Gold Road was released.

TBH, I went back to my prior spammable on Stamcro.

What about you?
Edited by taugrim on June 26, 2024 1:40AM
PC | NA | CP 2.3k
  • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
  • Inactive: Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
  • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • kurbbie_s
    kurbbie_s
    ✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »
    For my Stamcro (and very briefly on Stamden) I've slotted Shattering Knife, which is Multi-Target Focus (w/ in 5m of target), Warrior's Opportunity Signature (+8% martial damage taken), and Minor Vuln Affix (+5% damage taken for 20s). It's amazing for burst but pretty harsh on sustain as a spammable, and Necro sustain is pretty bad to begin with. It was fun to try that skill because that was one I theorycrafted for AOE Stamina builds before Gold Road was released.

What about you?

im still trying to figure out whats making everyone able to be unkillable. Literally makes no sense
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immobilizing Vault & Dazing Soul on bowblade, both with DoT and increase damage on third pick (minor vulnerability & major breach).

Vault is a perfect gap opener, transforms melee range into ranged range. Immobilizing guarantees gap happens.

Dazing Soul is 28m, which comboes with snipe at long range, but also makes sense in a teamfight.

DoTs and damage increase debuffs let you stack things on bruisers in teamfights. My NB is less of pure gank and more of poisonblade that DPS hard and is hard to get rid of.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What about you?
    That just about sums it up. Spellcrafting is lacklustre and you go back to regular skills. This has happened to me a lot. The main reason has not been the tooltips and crafting options, but poor attention to detail on ZOS' part, such as:
    • Shielding skills, with no healing component, that nonetheless have inherited a mechanic useless for shielding, e.g. targetting the lowest health ally.
    • A bow skill that feels like utter crap due to poor vertical height (less than a regular jump), skill bar lockout and timing issues, causing it to interact badly with dodge rolls, to sometimes fail and misfire at a later time.
    • A destro skill that chooses the target area at the beginning of a 2s channel. By the time it goes off, there's no one there. I'm in two minds about this one. I can see how it might be OP otherwise. It just feels like a bad skill in use. It allows next to no control over the direction as a knockback skill, due to the delay and people moving. I guess it will be useful against people on a ram. However the general problem with niche skills is the lack of bar space in ESO and the realization that that's what this skill is. Another dead Grimoire as far as I'm concerned.

To be honest, whenever I see a skill with a long channel time, I automatically discount it. I hate such skills. Pure utility skills, such as Dark Deal, are fine. Skills that channel damage immediately, such as the templar and arcanist beams, are fine. Weavable skills with a less than 1s channel time are also more or less OK. Channeled stuff you need to aim at the ground, though? That isn't even great in PvE. It's one for large group players, I guess.
    One skill that may stay is Shocking Soul on my sorc. You have pen and additional damage options. Right now I've gone for the resource return and Major Vitality. Those are strong and unique buffs to be honest. How are people unkillable? Well, I get a bump to my shields and healing and I partially sustain the Esoteric Greaves with my spammable. I'm not sure that's how most people do it, but as it relates to spell-crafting, that's my way.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • kurbbie_s
    kurbbie_s
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

What about you?
    That just about sums it up. Spellcrafting is lacklustre and you go back to regular skills. This has happened to me a lot. The main reason has not been the tooltips and crafting options, but poor attention to detail on ZOS' part, such as:
    • Shielding skills, with no healing component, that nonetheless have inherited a mechanic useless for shielding, e.g. targetting the lowest health ally.
    • A bow skill that feels like utter crap due to poor vertical height (less than a regular jump), skill bar lockout and timing issues, causing it to interact badly with dodge rolls, to sometimes fail and misfire at a later time.
    • A destro skill that chooses the target area at the beginning of a 2s channel. By the time it goes off, there's no one there. I'm in two minds about this one. I can see how it might be OP otherwise. It just feels like a bad skill in use. It allows next to no control over the direction as a knockback skill, due to the delay and people moving. I guess it will be useful against people on a ram. However the general problem with niche skills is the lack of bar space in ESO and the realization that that's what this skill is. Another dead Grimoire as far as I'm concerned.

To be honest, whenever I see a skill with a long channel time, I automatically discount it. I hate such skills. Pure utility skills, such as Dark Deal, are fine. Skills that channel damage immediately, such as the templar and arcanist beams, are fine. Weavable skills with a less than 1s channel time are also more or less OK. Channeled stuff you need to aim at the ground, though? That isn't even great in PvE. It's one for large group players, I guess.
    One skill that may stay is Shocking Soul on my sorc. You have pen and additional damage options. Right now I've gone for the resource return and Major Vitality. Those are strong and unique buffs to be honest. How are people unkillable? Well, I get a bump to my shields and healing and I partially sustain the Esoteric Greaves with my spammable. I'm not sure that's how most people do it, but as it relates to spell-crafting, that's my way.

theyre unkillable because of the proc sets and the combination of the new Ulsfids Contingency scribing skill. Makes the game very very lame. Even more of a tank meta than its ever been. Everyone now has a free shield that heals and gives resources. The scribing skills are literally overpowered in pvp. No 1 skill should damage, dot, and major breach at the same time
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warding soul with druid's focus feels really good to cycle with vigor and class heal as long as it doesn't cast on a team mate
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    on-demand instant stun for Warden, the class is finally fun to me

v2o1brsyiksh.png
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shattering knife has been fun for my sorc and has some nice AoE damage when against more than 1 enemy, but I am noticing an issue becoming more frequent where it is acting like frags occasionally does when it bugs out where it randomly locks mid animation, requiring spam tapping block, light attacks or bash for a few seconds to fix it.

I've been running it with:
    AoE Focus
    Sorc Class Script
    Major Prophecy/Savagery

The other skill I've been using is Heal soul (heal version of wield soul). It's a good heal if you are solo (less useful in groups since it seems to prefer healing allies over healing the caster, even if the ally is full health).

I've been running this with:
    Heal Focus
    Resource Return
    Major Vitality

I'm yet to mess around with Contingency, main thing that seems strong with it is the unique mitigation, but I haven't tested the actual heal on it yet since it's technically a delayed heal.

Vault is the other skill I've started messing with. It's definitely not as smooth as it was on the PTS (not bad but has some clunky interactions), but it still looks promising if that issue can be fixed up.

I've tested Vault with:
    Heal Focus (immobilize is the other focus I can see being good with this skill)
    Snare Removal
    Minor Expedition (or Major Prophecy/Savagery)
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wield Soul as either spammable, stun, or heal.

Contingency as burst damage, or heal

Throwing Knife as stun with debuffs
    PC EU > You
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who use Contingency as heal, what is your reason to go for a delayed heal?
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    People who use Contingency as heal, what is your reason to go for a delayed heal?

Playing on a class with insane shields but not good cross healing.
    PC EU > You
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also roll cancel the cast to make it immediate if you need to.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    completed for my first character:

- ulfsild's with immobilize and Gladiator's Tenacity
    - shock soul with major breach and resource

now my cheesy one bar NB basher can finally match arcanists in penetration, defense and resource :D

I lose the ability to immobilize people at 28 meter, but it's only good for trolling anyway.
    Edited by moo_2021 on June 27, 2024 8:37PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason I can think of is that it's cheap and the tooltip is slightly higher than Soul Burst. Since everything seems to set it off, maybe you can make it immediate by dodge cancelling, but I have not tried.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

- Similar tooltip to Artic Blast, but cheaper and AoE
    - Can proc front bar or back bar, which is useful for either defensive healing or offensive healing
    - Takes the stats of whichever bar you’re on, so it will heal for more on front bar and slightly less on back bar
    - Provides AoE unique 8% dmg mitigation if you choose that signature script and AoE Minor buff of choice
    - Can be procced instantly with a bash/dodge roll cancel, mimicking a true burst heal

It’s the best skill from the scribing skill line. I’m using it on my stamsorc and I’m loving it.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• MarioMario
    MarioMario
    ✭✭✭
    I play without mythic and without scribing as a personal protest against the degeneration of farming in this game.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been using Dazing knife , with stun, 8% martial dmg taken and minor berserk in pvp on my stamblade. So far its working ok+

Also using Healing Soul, wich has major vitality on it wich is amazing, but it also hits randomly in a 28m radius around me wich often hits npcs in keeps, wich is a huge downside to it.

My magsorc is using Shocking Soul, shock dmg, class script and major defile, so far liking it alot, was a big upgrade from using psijic spammable.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trample skill with healing absorbing, immobilizing and minor mangle. It works really good against ball groups when equipped with kynmarch and seducer as I into 8m range with them and I followed up with dark flare or caltrops.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on July 1, 2024 5:27PM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trample skill with healing absorbing, immobilizing and minor mangle. It works really good against ball groups when equipped with kynmarch and seducer as I into 8m range with them and I followed up with dark flare or caltrops.

Doing chalks -> contingency -> trample -> DoS combo on very bruiserish warden, easily broken but when it works, it works.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar's burst heal sucks.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been running Healing Contingency for a week and a half. Such a fun ability!

I've tried it with double mitigation (8% + minor protection) and with the HoT + minor protection, and I found the latter has better utility overall, which I wasn't expecting.
    PC | NA | CP 2.3k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of them at the moment, cause I don’t have room for any of them on my bars. And the good ones are all magicka cost.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been running Healing Contingency for a week and a half. Such a fun ability! I've tried it with double mitigation (8% + minor protection) and with the HoT + minor protection, and I found the latter has better utility overall, which I wasn't expecting.
    It really is one of the most fun defensive skills added in a while! Roll canceling through my group to cross heal them is a hoot. You nailed it that the HoT effect is much better than it looks and overperforms. It's so good that I've traded the raw power of Unhealthy Offering on NB for HealCon's superior utility, including Minor Force so I can run Path over Race.

bwz5boa337ku.png
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I'm not seeing massive use for these skills in PVP, tell me if I'm wrong but I don't see any of them being better on a templar that I play,
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Syiccal I slot single target heal with druid's on the shield backbar, so I have x8 sturdy and a healing skill that restores stamina. With immovable, I can tank up to 2 players in no-CP by just standing still and casting heals. The number is probably gonna be higher in CP due to red tree (or you can skip immovable). This build did use zero block cost enchants.

Druids gonna see ~40% nerf next patch tho.
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I no longer use healing contingency however do use shield contingency.

Friends have used Soul Burst for AoE damage and debuffs application. However only because they use shield contingency on the same build.

Healing Soul I have on NB, DK, Warden, Templar
    Shield Contingency on Magsorc and Arcanist
    Damage contingency on NB, DK, Magden
    Dazing Knife on Templar
    Shocking Soul on Magsorc
    Edited by Major_Toughness on July 22, 2024 4:56PM
    PC EU > You
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a whole lot of scribed skills used to be fair, just my observation.
    What do we think the reason might be, is it just there not as a good as what we already have and some decent buffs to them are needed, maybe being able to alter class skills would help??
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    What do we think the reason might be, is it just there not as a good as what we already have and some decent buffs to them are needed, maybe being able to alter class skills would help??

Whole lot of good ones, idk. It's easier to name bad ones:

Destro, Resto, 2h.
    DW could use a cost reduction. Also, why they literally made a second dagger throw skill, we already have one.

Both souls are good. AoE soul could use a cost reduction.
    Contingency is awesome.
    Healing torch is awesome.
    Vault is awesome.
    Trample is ok, long cast time but it's a delayed AoE burst. Minus points for not making it castable from horse.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How have you set up your contingency and healing torch skills, looking for potential HtD replacments
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looking for potential HtD replacments

I play both burst heal and torch. Idk I wouldn't be comfortable playing without burst heal at all. Timing of heal matters.
    Torch is slightly delayed, like 0.6s
    Contingency is same GCD only if you roll after it, so no block-healing.
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    looking for potential HtD replacments

I play both burst heal and torch. Idk I wouldn't be comfortable playing without burst heal at all. Timing of heal matters.
    Torch is slightly delayed, like 0.6s
    Contingency is same GCD only if you roll after it, so no block-healing.

Bash also works for Contingency but you have to hit someone with the bash (otherwise it doesn't cost anything).

Whole lot of good ones, idk. It's easier to name bad ones:

Destro, Resto, 2h.
    DW could use a cost reduction. Also, why they literally made a second dagger throw skill, we already have one.

Both souls are good. AoE soul could use a cost reduction.
    Contingency is awesome.
    Healing torch is awesome.
    Vault is awesome.
    Trample is ok, long cast time but it's a delayed AoE burst. Minus points for not making it castable from horse.

Resto skill was giga broken on release when the HoT signature was scaling incorrectly. But since the fix it's not worth a slot imo. Even as a group healer. Which is sad because the utility you can get is good.
    PC EU > You