Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat Cues

Wreaken
Wreaken
✭✭✭
Why can I not turn this feature on in the settings?

It is constantly greyed out. Anyone having this issue?
Edited by Wreaken on April 3, 2014 5:56AM

Taemek Frozenberg, Leader of <Epoch Gaming>
Oceanic - Australia
  • Wreaken
    Wreaken
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to assume that this feature is the reason Add-ons cannot see or display buffs and debuffs as an icon due to it being disabled client side until they work it out?

Oceanic - Australia
  • bauchicha
    bauchicha
    Wreaken wrote: »

Same here.

• KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you want ques? Enemy tells are already easy to observe.

(It was one of the things lost in the api gutting btw.)
    Edited by KiroElmarok on April 4, 2014 2:04PM
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• Wreaken
    Wreaken
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you want ques? Enemy tells are already easy to observe.

(It was one of the things lost in the api gutting btw.)

Go to settings > gameplay > combat cues and try turn it on.

Everyone's is set to off client side and hard locked, so unless you are playing on a different client and can see something everyone isn't seeing, then no, it is not easy to see because the visual effects do not exist.

Let's be clear here, these combat cues are to visually tell us what debuffs and buffs are applied to the target, not when the NPC is powering up a special.

Oceanic - Australia
  • Spidermonk
    Spidermonk
    ✭✭✭
    I was never able to get mine working during beta either.
    Let's be clear here, these combat cues are to visually tell us what debuffs and buffs are applied to the target, not when the NPC is powering up a special.

Buffs/debuffs would be awesome...I can't tell right now when people are bleeding/armor reduction, etc...Although since I was never able to use this feature I don't really know what I'm missing.

• Wreaken
    Wreaken
    ✭✭✭
    The thing for me is, when they get this feature working, am I only going to see my visual effects from the debuffs I apply or am I going to see 30+ other peoples effects on it as well?

It is hard enough now to see special power up attacks for melee and casters through all the graphical visuals from spells now let alone more effects on top of that, and I play on a 46" screen, so you would think it would be easier to see.
    Edited by Wreaken on April 5, 2014 8:13AM

Oceanic - Australia
  • Wreaken
    Wreaken
    ✭✭✭
    I guess we wait.

Oceanic - Australia
  • Wildfire7
    Wildfire7
    Soul Shriven
    Why can I not turn this feature on in the settings?

Hi Wreaken,

Assuming that you're trying to get the game to tell you "press _ to block" etc, then I had exactly the same question you did.

The interface setting you want is under Interface NOT Gameplay, and it's called "Active Combat Tips". Then just set it to "Always Show".
  • Wreaken
    Wreaken
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Wildfire, thanks for the reply but that's not what I was referring too, Combat Queue system is still not enabled and it is ZOS's version of how to visually show us debuffs and buffs on ourselves and our target.

Some already show, for example, when you cast a fire based dot on the target, they are in flames, so clearly, they are effected by the dot.

However, there is a lot of buffs and debuffs that don't show any effect and we are assuming these are the effects that we are waiting on with the Combat Queue system.

Oceanic - Australia