Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rivenspire to Necrom

Ulvich
Ulvich
✭✭✭✭✭
So earlier today I mounted up and rode from the Northpoint Wayshrine in Rivenspire all the way to Necrom. Some of the gates are hidden and hard to find, but I got there.
There really should be an achievement for this. Can't use any type of porting at all. And must activate a trigger at the entrance and exit of each gate.
The trip was long. I died once ( My fault. Fell off a cliff. ), swam a little, and ran a bit.
Such a journey.
Edited by Ulvich on June 22, 2024 4:41PM
- Monster Slayer
- Savior of Nirn
- Adventurer Across a Decade
- Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
- BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gave me a good idea by starting in Rivenspire instead of Glenumbra, it will add more variety!

My plan now is starting in Rivenspire (maybe at the Wayshrine near the northernmost Dolmen) and finishing at Windhelm, but taking a detour traversing Malabal Tor and Grathwood, avoiding all the Reaper's March desert - it would be too much sand for my likings.

Edit: Now... If only we would have updated base game zones at DLC quality...
    Edited by SkaiFaith on June 22, 2024 7:21PM
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • Nathrai
    Nathrai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's awesome that you can even do that. With or without an achievement!

A bit of modernizing the areas sure would go a long way, but I've heard people claim they are already doing so?
    (Was it Vvardenfell? I haven't played in while, so I can't really tell, but I've heard it from more than one person in the last couple of weeks.)
    Azura'm s'wit
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now try walking it. You'll get bored pretty quick.
    But yeah, it's a thing.
    People upstairs make so much noise
    Drive me mad with their electrical toys
    Louder and louder

Midnight Oil ~ Place Without A Postcard ~ 1981

(requirements not met)
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would call it (the admittedly very American) Route 66 achievement. And yes it would be very cool!

With a tag line, "I got my kicks on route 66".

:-)

Edited by MidniteOwl1913 on June 23, 2024 2:14AM
    PS5/NA
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oy. It's been DECADES since I even thought about Route 66 (or the show of that name)! Funnily enough, years back when husband and I were on a road trip with our travel trailer, we stopped at my sister's place in Albuquerque for a few days. She and I took my then small nephew (probably about 3) to the zoo, and on the way, my jaw dropped at the "Historic Route 66" sign.

When I was a child, my parents insisted that we spend my dad's vacations back in the midwest with family - and Route 66 was the road of choice.... from SoCal through Vegas, Albq, then north into Oklahoma and then to Arkansas and Missouri - leaving Route 66 behind (and I have no idea now what highways or their federal or state designations my dad used). I haven't ever been back as my experiences of those "vacations" soured me all-time on that part of the country and any remaining family.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If there was an achievement for doing this, I would feel compelled to do it, and I would not be pleased, lol.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you go through cyro?
    People upstairs make so much noise
    Drive me mad with their electrical toys
    Louder and louder

Midnight Oil ~ Place Without A Postcard ~ 1981

(requirements not met)
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaintalAy wrote: »
    Did you go through cyro?

I went around.
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get from Western Skyrim to Eastmarch via Blackreach, so I was surprised to find that Western Skyrim and The Reach do not connect to the other zones they abut. If they did, a complete circuit would be possible.

Am I missing anything?
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    You can get from Western Skyrim to Eastmarch via Blackreach, so I was surprised to find that Western Skyrim and The Reach do not connect to the other zones they abut. If they did, a complete circuit would be possible.

Am I missing anything?
    There's at least one road from Western Skyrim to the Reach--I'm fairly certain there are actually two, but I don't have the game in front of me to confirm.

There is a road in Bangkorai that leads to the Reach, but the devs forgot to include the road when they implemented the Reach. There was a lengthy thread about it in the PTS forum, and as a result the devs added a cart near Markarth that leads to the Bangkorai gate. I still hold out hope that we'll someday get a proper footpath between the two zones...