3 questions...

Monroe585
Monroe585
✭✭✭
1. Since Gold Road, sometimes my health bar glows and sometimes it doesn't. Can anyone explain this?
2. I play with a controller on pc. In pvp, when I'm on siege, I cannot see the chat like you can on k&m. Is there a setting or add-on to fix this?
3. Is there an add-on that shows your companion's skill bar on your screen?

Thanks.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Bug
    2. Not sure
    3. Not that I know of
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Seems as if it glows when a destruction staff is the active weapon. I haven't had the glow on my stamdens, but on my magsorc I noticed today the glow is there.

2. No idea - I don't use controllers.

3. No idea - I don't use companions.
    Edited by TaSheen on June 22, 2024 1:06AM

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With regards to #2 there is absolutely a need to see chat while using siege. You miss important call-outs. As far as I know there is no way on console to do it and I think that is the same as gamepad mode on PC.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    when using gamepad/controller and using Siege Weapons you can make Chat appear by pressing on:
    - PlayStation = Touchpad + Square
    - xbox = map button + x

at least it works on PlayStation for me, haven't tested it on pc yet with xbox controller.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    #3 There is an add-on to the Bandits UI addon called Bandits Companions and Pets. It shows only the health bar.

The only companion skill I have seen is their ultimate. Not sure whether that appears in the base game or is provided by either Bandits UI or Bandits Companions and Pets.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
    Options
  • Nathrai
    Nathrai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ad 3: I've been wanting to give BSC-ComanionInfo a try, haven't come around to doing so, yet. So I have no idea whether it works, how OoD it actually is (it's from 2021) and how it does with the latest companions.
    Azura'm s'wit
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what the glowing health bar looks like. I've turned all addons off for this screenshot, so it's purely base game effects.

I also turned on the buff tracker to make it clear it's not a buff. (The green icon is the magicka buff from one of the Anka-ra sites in Craglorn.)

FCzv14u.png

kLf18zn.png

This was taken on a dragon knight using sword and shield, but I've also seen it on DK with a bow and two-handed sword and on templar with bow/dual wield, necromancer with bow/two-handed and sorcerer with destruction staff, so I don't think it's anything to do with your class or weapon. Obviously they all had different buffs too.

It seems to start immediately when they first get into combat and then persist until I log out. Reloading the UI doesn't stop it.
    Edited by Danikat on June 22, 2024 7:14PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    when using gamepad/controller and using Siege Weapons you can make Chat appear by pressing on:
    - PlayStation = Touchpad + Square
    - xbox = map button + x

at least it works on PlayStation for me, haven't tested it on pc yet with xbox controller.

If I get a chance I will have to try this. I still think it should show up by default. Sieging is more difficult now because of the stupid slow weapons draw if you don’t have your weapons out and can get killed if you get hit by countersiege.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • sshogrin
    sshogrin
    ✭✭✭
    Monroe585 wrote: »
    1. Since Gold Road, sometimes my health bar glows and sometimes it doesn't. Can anyone explain this?
    2. I play with a controller on pc. In pvp, when I'm on siege, I cannot see the chat like you can on k&m. Is there a setting or add-on to fix this?
    3. Is there an add-on that shows your companion's skill bar on your screen?

Thanks.

An answer to your 3rd question is BSCs-CompanionUI and BSCs-CompanionUI-Extension. It won't show the ability bar, but it does give the abilities they use in the order they use them, as well as showing their level/xp bar, Rapport, how much DPS they're doing, and will even show weapon leveling. You do NOT want to show more than 2 extra bars as there is a bug when showing more than 2.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3 There is an add-on to the Bandits UI addon called Bandits Companions and Pets. It shows only the health bar.

The only companion skill I have seen is their ultimate. Not sure whether that appears in the base game or is provided by either Bandits UI or Bandits Companions and Pets.

The companion's ultimate shows in the base game. I see it and I don't use addons.
    Options