A Hundred Grand!

SpiritofESO
SpiritofESO
✭✭✭
In 2019, I started playing the Elder Scrolls Online during the Elsweyr chapter. I was a poor, poor newbie and had barely enough gold to buy a Soul Gem, never mind proper armor and weapons. Then, a surprise to me, a daily reward came of 100,000 gold and I went from poor to "comfortably well off." :blush:

So, I got good equipment and had plenty of pocket money and then I stumbled across a thieves trove which started the Thieves Guild storyline and skills and a bit later the Dark Brotherhood storyline and skills. And that, for a rogue at heart, was all I needed since the first character I created was a Nightblade and is still my favorite.

I have prospered since that time, as we all have, but I have to smile when I get that annual hundred grand! That, plus my 16 Staple Homes (mostly Inn Rooms costing only 3,000 gold each) and my two Classic Homes which were free, and my two Notable Homes which were also free, and I feel like the landed gentry!

I thank the Game Gods for their largesse ... and, the story continues.

:smiley:
Edited by SpiritofESO on June 23, 2024 9:05PM
  • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
  • SPIRIT GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
  • SPIRIT GOLDBLAZE, BRETON TEMPLAR
  • "Adapt or Die"
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 grimoires

PS5/NA
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 2019, I started playing the Elder Scrolls Online during the Elsweyr chapter. I was a poor, poor newbie and had barely enough gold to buy a Soul Gem, never mind proper armor and weapons. Then, a surprise to me, a daily reward came of 100,000 gold and I went from poor to "comfortably well off." :blush:

So, I got good equipment and had plenty of pocket money and then I stumbled across a thieves trove which started the Thieves Guild storyline and skills and a bit later the Dark Brotherhood storyline and skills. And that, for a rogue at heart, was all I needed since the first character I created was a Nightblade and is still my favorite.

I have prospered since that time, as we all have, but I have to smile when I get that annual hundred grand! That, plus my 16 Inn Rooms costing only $3,000 gold each, and my two Classic Homes which were free, and my two Notable Homes which were also free, and I feel like the landed gentry!

I thank the Game Gods for their largesse ... and, the story continues.

:smiley:

That's pretty much how I feel myself. Gobs of stuff on various accounts, and still that 100k makes me very happy!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭
    I was delayed in reinstalling my game, so I missed out on the 100K.

However, I made 1.2M in the past 3 days selling ordinary, everyday items. Casual play style FTW.
    PC EU
    UTC+10:00
    Tin-can-and-string internet

Ald Chimeris
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'd rather have five Waxes or ten Tempers. Same value, but opposite effect on economy.

Free gold is always a little inflationary. Free goods are quite deflationary, but the effect goes largely unnoticed, because of the craft bag.
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 grimoires

Grimoires only cost 10k on alt characters if you've farmed and consumed them on your main before.
    Easiest way to do so is to do the dailies in west weald and the guild dailies for the mage's, fighter's and undaunted guild.

Only takes a few days, my main character is finished and just today received the class script.

Also for anybody who's interested: After farming the class script scraps on your main, you can purchase the finished script for only 4,500 gold on your alt characters.
    Options