I kinda expected something more "Glorious" from the Diamond Anniversary Crates.

Einar_Hrafnarsson
Einar_Hrafnarsson
✭✭✭✭
It is ESO's 10th Birthday! How come that the Rewards, especially on the Mount side, are so shallow?
The only decent one is the Tharn Senche and that one has the standard Senche Sound design.

I saved a lot of Gems and Seals to be able to buy things cause i thought they would surely create something spectacular!
Now i regret not just buying a few Sovngarde Mounts when those Crates came back.

Am i the only one who feels this way?
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love them all. You don't like them, other people my really like them. It's how it works, just a matter of likings.

Edited by Dragonnord on June 21, 2024 12:01PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    Options
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had expected a bit more myself too, though there are some nice things in them.

What I actually found weird is that the personality you can collect this quarter with event tickets is actually so broody (I understand it fits the Molag Bal theme). But for an anniversary year, wouldn't a happy celebratory personality have been more appropriate?
    Options
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why they've turned molag bal into a clown/joke figure.
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    I had expected a bit more myself too, though there are some nice things in them.

What I actually found weird is that the personality you can collect this quarter with event tickets is actually so broody (I understand it fits the Molag Bal theme). But for an anniversary year, wouldn't a happy celebratory personality have been more appropriate?

Molg Bal is appropriate. We're celebrating 10 years of TESO, it's not a high school party or kids birthday with clowns, balloons and so. People take things the way they are not.

Molag Bal is the all-time ultimate epic iconic piece of TESO's fantastic world since the very first day.

Using him all over the place as the 10 years anniversary image is very appropriate.

Edited by Dragonnord on June 22, 2024 3:54PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    Options
  • ForMalacath
    ForMalacath
    ✭✭✭
    That shackled titan mount is glorious! So glad I saved up my endeavours and was able to get it!. Having skipped the last few crown crate seasons I went all in with this and bought the 25 bundle. Custom recall is awesome! I love all the Molag stuff though so yeah, matter of taste I guess
    In Malacath we trust

XB1 EU
    Options
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    That shackled titan mount is glorious! So glad I saved up my endeavours and was able to get it!. Having skipped the last few crown crate seasons I went all in with this and bought the 25 bundle. Custom recall is awesome! I love all the Molag stuff though so yeah, matter of taste I guess

Glad some people seem to enjoy it. To me it looks like a edgy Senche Rat Reskin. It is also WAYYYY to small for a Titan. Guess they had to shrink it to Senche Rat Size for Gameplay Reasons.
    Options
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    I don't get why they've turned molag bal into a clown/joke figure.

Guess they wanted to distract from the Fact that he is the God of Schemes, the Prince of Enslavement and Domination as well as the King of *** as stated in many Lore Books.

Now you can walk around as a nerfed Version of him!
    Options
  • VouxeTheMinotaur
    VouxeTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭
    I did think the crown store seemed... smaller(?) this time around, but I assumed ZOS made it this way purposefully as to increase the chance of people getting higher quality stuff combined with trash stuff (potions and such) to easily convert to gems. If that's the case the bravo ZOS, that's awesome.

The recall animation looks awesome, I love the addition of having a separate animation for arriving to your destination rather than the default and loud gold light.

The one thing I'm slightly upset about is the wolf fur skin, I wish it was more full body or covered more skin with the fur, only because majority of chest pieces cover up the furred areas. Sai Sahan's jack will once again have to come out of my wardrobe, lol
    PS5/NA: Vouxe_
    (she/her)
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The crates feel very anniversary, I think ZOS did hit the mark on that. But theres almost nothing that makes sense from a lore-friendly POV. Why would anyone walk around in armor of the Companions? It’d be sacrilegious to wear Sotha Sil’s Mask. You’d get killed for polymorphing into Molag Bal. People like it, good for them, I hope I stop seeing things from the crate around though. I cringe every time I do.
    Edited by Soarora on June 21, 2024 2:24PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gosh, that Molag Bal polymorph looks so darn cute dancing in packs around the wayshrines. Wait until you see him running around doing his crafting writs. That silly little scamp. He's just a gas!
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    The crates feel very anniversary, I think ZOS did hit the mark on that. But theres almost nothing that makes sense from a lore-friendly POV. Why would anyone walk around in armor of the Companions? It’d be sacrilegious to wear Sotha Sil’s Mask. You’d get killed for polymorphing into Molag Bal. People like it, good for them, I hope I stop seeing things from the crate around though. I cringe every time I do.

That's exactly what bothers me too.

On the one hand, people are complaining that they can't really take stories seriously or don't really feel engaged with them because they're rarely surprising and lack a real feeling of threat - on the other hand they Disneyfy Tamriel more and more by running around dressed up like high nobility, gods (or religious figures, for those who prefer that) and even daedric princes in masses.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
    Options
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did think the crown store seemed... smaller(?) this time around, but I assumed ZOS made it this way purposefully as to increase the chance of people getting higher quality stuff combined with trash stuff (potions and such) to easily convert to gems. If that's the case the bravo ZOS, that's awesome.

Funny you say that. I had the exact opposite thought. It felt like they adjusted the rng again. I opened 8 crates and got 1 gold item from it and it was some sheep thing.

Yes, PvPers spend $ on things in this game ;)
    Edited by Photosniper89 on June 21, 2024 4:26PM
    Options
  • VouxeTheMinotaur
    VouxeTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭

what would really make me stop dead in my tracks and break me from immersion is seeing someone in a molag bal polymorph combined with a duchess or jester personality. funny, but makes him feel less threatening
    PS5/NA: Vouxe_
    (she/her)
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since all I've ever gotten from them is useless stuff and the gems don't buy much I only get the free ones and then I'm not disappointed. They are gamble boxes.
    Options
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anifaas wrote: »
    Gosh, that Molag Bal polymorph looks so darn cute dancing in packs around the wayshrines. Wait until you see him running around doing his crafting writs. That silly little scamp. He's just a gas!

Maybe you can invite (one) him over for Dinner when you spot him doing his Writs :)
    Edited by Einar_Hrafnarsson on June 21, 2024 6:58PM
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was so happy when I saw the saw the Sotha Sil mask earlier this year as something that could be upcoming. I have a character I play as a special factotum created by Sotha Sil as an experiment to have something stand in for him as a proxy, without the god powers, of course, just a common every day sorcerer. Anyway, imagine my sadness when I previewed it and you can’t have hair with it 😐
    Edited by Elvenheart on June 21, 2024 7:08PM
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    I was so happy when I saw the saw the Sotha Sil mask earlier this year as something that could be upcoming. I have a character I play as a special factotum created by Sotha Sil as an experiment to have something stand in for him as a proxy, without the god powers, of course, just a common every day sorcerer. Anyway, imagine my sadness when I previewed it and you can’t have hair with it 😐

Allowing people to wear imitations of his mask at the cost of them losing their hair? Lord Seht indeed has an interesting sense of humour.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much nice stuff, will get the apex senche, probably Ayrenns gown and definitely the wolf skin for gems.
    It would look nice on some grayish khajiit.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

That's exactly what bothers me too.

On the one hand, people are complaining that they can't really take stories seriously or don't really feel engaged with them because they're rarely surprising and lack a real feeling of threat - on the other hand they Disneyfy Tamriel more and more by running around dressed up like high nobility, gods (or religious figures, for those who prefer that) and even daedric princes in masses.

I'm thirding this. I even made a coment on the crates main page to complain over them. The cosmetics and writing is starting to really match up with being all gimmicky, cheap and Disneyfied.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not a big fan of crates or cosmetics, but the dark anchor furnishing and the Five Conpanion furnishing book are both nice. I’ll probably get them with Seals.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

Is this how you honor the Sixth House and the Tribe unmourned?
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this how you honor the Sixth House and the Tribe unmourned?

By playing a bald Sotha Sil doppelgänger? (Which I actually think is an interesting roleplay idea - except for the baldness).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options