Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I think Zenimax is trying to tell me something

Vahlyance
Vahlyance
✭✭✭
I was just decorating and noticed my eye light was missing... I sort of figured out where it went...
Should I be concerned?
e9ok0uonb4c6.png
『-Astra inclinant, sed non obligant.-』
  • Hypnotica713
    Hypnotica713
    ✭✭
    Once I was decorating a house for a housing contest a couple years ago, and I was pretty much done ..a lot of intricate placing of things had happened. I logged early the day of the contest to just to tweak anything I thought necessary, and I was horrified to see like HALF of the furniture I had placed so painstakingly had VANISHED! I just about broke down in tears because it took me so long to do. Checked the retrieve section and saw the items missing were well over 1000+ away. I logged out in defeat and back in a few hours later, and MOST of it was back where I had placed it, so I retrieved the few items that were still impossibly far away and put them back in their places. It has happened to me again 2 more times since then with a few items teleporting to parts unknown in a house.

I really think it has to do with the linking feature. If I need to use it to move stuff together, once they're in place, I unlink the items...hasn't happened since I started doing that. Now mind you, it wasn't ALL linked items that disappeared..it was also some that weren't linked to anything, and SOME of the linked items stayed when others did not...no rhyme or reason.

Glad to know it's not just me this has happened to now, because everyone I asked had never had this happen to them.

Edited to say that I am on PSNA
    Edited by Hypnotica713 on June 20, 2024 3:57PM
  • Vahlyance
    Vahlyance
    ✭✭✭
    Once I was decorating a house for a housing contest, and I was pretty much done ..a lot of intricate placing of things had happened. I logged early the day of the contest to just to tweak anything I thought necessary, and I was horrified to see like HALF of the furniture I had placed so painstakingly had VANISHED! I just about broke down in tears because it took me so long to do. Checked the retrieve section and saw the items missing were well over 1000+ away. I logged out in defeat and back in a few hours later, and MOST of it was back where I had placed it, so I retrieved the few items that were still impossibly far away and put them back in their places. It has happened to me again 2 more times since then with a few items teleporting to parts unknown in a house.

I really think it has to do with the linking feature. If I need to use it to move stuff together, once they're in place, I unlink the items...hasn't happened since I started doing that. Now mind you, it wasn't ALL linked items that disappeared..it was also some that weren't linked to anything, and SOME of the linked items stayed when others did not...no rhyme or reason.

Glad to know it's not just me this has happened to now, because everyone I asked had never had this happen to them.

Edited to say that I am on PSNA

Yeah its happened to me quite a few times before, but THIS is way beyond those times.
    It'd either be 200 - 500m, but TWENTY-FOUR MILLION METERS away is a whole new record lmao.
  • Vahlyance
    Vahlyance
    ✭✭✭
    I've decided to leave the eye where it is.
    I think having an eyeball twenty-four MILLION meters away for absolutely no reason is hilarious.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vahlyance wrote: »
    I think having an eyeball twenty-four MILLION meters away for absolutely no reason is hilarious.

That's the spirit. 😆

But yes, this has happened to me as well, and I agree it seems to somehow be related to the linking feature. Usually a relog fixes it.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just decorating and noticed my eye light was missing... I sort of figured out where it went...
    Should I be concerned?
    e9ok0uonb4c6.png
    Well you probably launched the first satellite in the elder scroll universe. 24.000 km away, earth diameter is 12.700 km and don't thing this planet is much larger so its in high orbit.

You can be happy you don't have to go to collect it.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Vahlyance
    Vahlyance
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Should I be concerned?
    e9ok0uonb4c6.png
    Well you probably launched the first satellite in the elder scroll universe. 24.000 km away, earth diameter is 12.700 km and don't thing this planet is much larger so its in high orbit.

You can be happy you don't have to go to collect it.

PFFBPH-
    Sick, new skill line unlocked:
    [ORBITAL MAGIC]
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, Herma Mora now has spy satellites. Big Brother much?
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metres, as in metric. Not meteric.

Meters measure water and electricity.
    People upstairs make so much noise
    Drive me mad with their electrical toys
    Louder and louder

Midnight Oil ~ Place Without A Postcard ~ 1981

(requirements not met)
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    LaintalAy wrote: »
    Metres, as in metric. Not meteric.

Meters measure water and electricity.

As much as I prefer British English... In American English "meter" is the correct spelling for the metrical unit. (Here in Germany it's spelled "Meter" as well, by the way.) It's like center/centre and so on. ;)

@topic:
    Congrats on winning the Tamrielic space race! Or starting it - we'll see were other people's furniture ends up. A companion far enough out to be on the moon would be next, I guess.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I spot a floating green eyeball Down Under I'll let you know...
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • VouxeTheMinotaur
    VouxeTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭
    i'm cracking up, poor thing is only watching the void at this point
    PS5/NA: Vouxe_
    (she/her)
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wondered why one of those eyes just randomly showed up in one of my houses, winked at me, then disappeared to Divines know where. 🧿
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be interesting if it is always that far away - it could mean that it is in geostationary orbit, like always directly above your house.

If that is the case, and assuming the density of earth is approximately the same as Tamriel, and their days are the same length, then the radius of Tamriel is approximately 0.7 that of earth.

Not sure how a geostationary satellite would interact with those two moons though... but it's only an act of faith that keeps them in orbit in any case.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be interesting if it is always that far away - it could mean that it is in geostationary orbit, like always directly above your house.

If that is the case, and assuming the density of earth is approximately the same as Tamriel, and their days are the same length, then the radius of Tamriel is approximately 0.7 that of earth.

Not sure how a geostationary satellite would interact with those two moons though... but it's only an act of faith that keeps them in orbit in any case.

Thank goodness Nirn does not have three moons. I watched that series “3 Body Problem”, which suggests if Tamriel had three moons we would have all sorts of crashes and downtime and such. 🌙 🌕 🌖
    Edited by Elvenheart on June 21, 2024 7:59PM
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

Thank goodness Nirn does not have three moons. I watched that series “3 Body Problem”, which suggests if Tamriel had three moons we would have all sorts of crashes and downtime and such. 🌙 🌕 🌖

Given the size (closeness) of the two moons, and that they are frequently seen together, add in Tamriel and you do have a 3 body problem.

Might explain the intermittent rubber-banding and time warps :open_mouth: