The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Ingredients

theflanagan
I don't think there is a way currently but hoping there will be sometime soon to not only see the Recipes that you already know but the Ingredients that is needed to craft them WITHOUT going to a Cooking Fire!!!!
  • Erahth
    Erahth
    It looks like esohead.com is up and running. That has all the recipes.

I'd imagine there'll be a mod coming out showing you what recipes you already know.
  • theflanagan
    @erahth I am all over esohead.com, nice site. I was hoping for something in game.....
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just trying to figure out which cooking ingredients are worth holding on to.

26 or 27 provisioning(she's like level 10) and I just don't have room for all of this crap.
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Saw a post that described a "min-max" approach where you basically don't store ANYTHING until you're about to leave an area and have a level 15 recipe... then you go out and find ONLY the things you need for that recipe. Basically "grinding" the max-xp recipes instead of the multitudinous level 1 recipes and ingredients that one actually FINDS in the early levels.

Me, I hate min-maxing and I want to craft AS I level up.... not wait to the end game and then just knock it all out in a few hours. That said, once I realized you can BUY some cooking ingredients (not coincidentally, the ones that I already had in 100+ stacks).... I stopped collecting Wine Grapes, eg. But I realized that the meats are NOT for sale, so Capon Meat and Pork, I snag and bag.
  • Omnii_Evermind
    I found it easy enough just to loot all bags, barrels, etc that I came across exploring, and threw them into bank. Atm, I have 90 unique items, but that's with storing provisioning and smithing materials. In 3 days of running around, looting, and cooking, I got max provisioning. Even at max though, I can't see any way of knowing what recipes I know or don't know, or what item goes to what recipe, without being at a cooking fire :/ Would really love an addon or something that aids in this.
    Illurial Darkblade, USA Megaserver
    Level 50 VR 1 Khajiit Nightblade
    50 Provisioning
    50 Blacksmithing
    50 Clothing
  • theflanagan
    I can't see any way of knowing what recipes I know or don't know, or what item goes to what recipe, without being at a cooking fire :/ Would really love an addon or something that aids in this.

@Omnii_Evermind‌ This is exactly what I would like to see, you would think Bethesda would have added this as a default feature stored in your Journal or somewhere similar.