The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Use of Achievement Points?

Koloki
Koloki
✭✭✭
Does the points you earn for completing achievements have any use?
Or are they there just to stroke your virtual ****?
War Dogs
MMO, lore, quests, diversão, cerveja, mulher, carros, barcos, iates e outros tantos prazeres da carne!
Rage. Goddess, sing the rage of Peleus' son Achilles,
murderous, doomed, that cost the Achaeans countless losses,
hurling down to the House of Death so many sturdy souls…
  • Zameri
    Zameri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First i would like to advise you that using that kind of language on the forums will get you into trouble hence the censor.

The use of achievement points is equivalent to that of the gamer score xbox has in place for achievements. They are also a way to keep track of where you have been and what you have done. For the very hard achievements its a bragging right that you earned. That is the use of achievement points in ESO and there may be something implemented in the future.
    Arkay Beta Tester
  • Koloki
    Koloki
    ✭✭✭
    It just seemed redundant since there are bars for tracking achievement completion, and you can't really see other peoples achievements. Also its not like you can know what achievements you have just going by the number of points.

But i suppose it makes sense if they plan on expanding it on the future.

Also i put that censor myself because you have a dirty dirty mind, i just meant "Ego" ;)
    War Dogs
    MMO, lore, quests, diversão, cerveja, mulher, carros, barcos, iates e outros tantos prazeres da carne!
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    The points specifically mean nothing currently, the actual achievements however can. Completing a certain number of specific related achievements, will grant you in-game titles that you can show-off. This is currently the only reason for achievements that I can see. Points are likely there for expansion purposes, as previously noted.
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    For Skyshards the achievement journal was (briefly) the only way to gather hints to their location.
    Of course now we have internet guides. :|
    Edited by Rotherhans on April 3, 2014 10:13AM
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Nintendor
    Nintendor
    ✭✭
    Rotherhans wrote: »
    For Skyshards the achievement journal was (briefly) the only way to gather hints to their location.
    Of course now we have internet guides. :|

You can use it to see which Skyshards you have already gotten or to check if you missed one in an area as well.

Life is a joke...enjoy the laughter!
  • vadian
    vadian
    Soul Shriven
    " ACHIEVEMENTS

Elder Scrolls Online has a huge list of Achievements that show your progress in different aspects of the game. Their role is to offer you new challenges and make your gameplay more interesting. They are divided into several groups: PvP, PvE, quest, exploration, dungeon, crafting and so on. For example Quest section show your progress in completing large quest chains or completing all quests in a zone. Lore section shows your progress in gathering lore books and other information. The challenges are different and require different actions from player. Exploration accomplishments can be earned through visiting different parts of a zone, PvP – through participating in AvA war.

How to get an achievement?
    You need to accomplish certain condition that can be found in the description. When it is done new achievement will be added. Every time you get a new accomplishment you receive definite amount of special achievement points. The amount of points depends on the difficulty of the task. The more difficult it is the more points you get. You will receive many achievements during your questing and explorations but sometimes you will have to do special actions to get one.

You can see your overall progress in a special window where total points and detailed statistics is displayed. You can see what you need to do in order to gain definite accomplishment. You can use this screen as an indicator of your in game activity. For example if you see that you have many Dungeon achievements and have no AvA accomplishments you pay a lot of attentions to raiding. Maybe you should try to visit Cyrodiil to try PvP side of Elder Scrolls Online.

Achievements in ESO are not just for fun. You can get special gear, skills and other rewards. Try to get as many points as you can."

http://elderscrollsonline.info/achievements
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you can link your achievements in the chat window, if that floats your ego ...
    :D

PS: The only one i ever linked in the chat was the one you get when you get eaten by slaughterfish. Simply because it's amazing that ZOS implemented something suggested by a beta tester ...
    Edited by SirAndy on April 4, 2014 11:50PM
  • Lizard_man
    Lizard_man
    ✭✭
    Zameri wrote: »
    First i would like to advise you that using that kind of language on the forums will get you into trouble hence the censor.

I think the censor is there...

...to censor it!
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    vadian wrote: »
    Achievements in ESO are not just for fun. You can get special gear, skills and other rewards. Try to get as many points as you can."

http://elderscrollsonline.info/achievements

I would like to know HOW we could use the points to get something?

~ ♥ ~
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Achievement points could be used for a future housing system. If you did something you can get a reward for your house, like a nice painting for exploring a region or a sword for defeating a specific NPC.

The amount of points could also offer you a bigger house, similar to other TES games where your reputation was used for that type of achievement.
    Edited by Audigy on April 5, 2014 11:46AM
  • Koloki
    Koloki
    ✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    Achievement points could be used for a future housing system. If you did something you can get a reward for your house, like a nice painting for exploring a region or a sword for defeating a specific NPC.

The amount of points could also offer you a bigger house, similar to other TES games where your reputation was used for that type of achievement.

That is a good idea you could use the points like a currency for cosmetic items for your house or even a skin for your horse or clothes for your character.
    War Dogs
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They say "Achievements in ESO are not just for fun. You can get special gear, skills and other rewards. Try to get as many points as you can"

but currently all they give you is titles. But I am sure there are lots of other things they will be adding to the game over time and I would like to see theses 'special gear, skills and other rewards.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're generally just a tangible reminder of where you've been and what you've accomplished in game.

If you must take such a negative, sardonic view on it, that's your prerogative. Some people enjoy seeing a historical catalog of past achievements on a game.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • omnomolyub17_ESO
    Audigy wrote: »

I really like this idea!
  • DemonSp
    DemonSp
    Soul Shriven
    Where is the page in game to show achievements exactly?
  • Haselnut
    Haselnut
    Soul Shriven
    Completing one of the toothmaul gully achievements gave me a skill point, and advancement in the undaunted skill line is dependent on gaining points for dungeon achievements
  • Lasinagol
    Lasinagol
    ✭✭✭
    Necro'ing a thread on purpose...

Has anything been done with them? Like the more you have the better residual loot you cumulatively get?

Or, is it just to denote where your character has been and where they need to go?

Acheivement furnishings are nice, but a reason to specifically go out and get the points would be cool too...
    Altmer Supremist, filthy spell slinger since Nerevar was assasinated
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has use as a tracker - which dungeons you've done etc. Several achievements get you minor things like dyes you can use for costumes and outfits, and you've had the XP from getting that achievement to move everything else along.

I suspect it's mainly there to provoke the completionists, and give them something else to "achieve".
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I suspect it's mainly there to provoke the completionists, and give them something else to "achieve".

^Pretty much this.^

There are players out there that like to say they "beat" the game ... and put it in their completed stack on their shelf.

Not with ESO. ;)

Aside from that (as mentioned above), the achievement UI is quite helpful to determine what adventures a character still could take when you log in.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some achievements are prerequisites to buy certain furniture.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zone completion (which results in achievements) used to affect zonal loot tables - not sure if it does currently or if that RNG bias was the achievement itself or quests done, etc.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lasinagol

A large number of Achievements will give a title on completion. For me, the Explorer and Monster Hunter titles are meaningful and I display them with pride. Achievements can also unlock dyes for your armor or costumes. And, as talked about above, they can be used to give your character a goal, like discovering you have not done an Alliance Quest or a Guild Story line or completed a zone.

So there is a purpose, just not one that puts gold in your bank or new gear on your alt. I for one don't chase achievements, but I do track them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Well, you can link your achievements in the chat window, if that floats your ego ...
    :D

PS: The only one i ever linked in the chat was the one you get when you get eaten by slaughterfish. Simply because it's amazing that ZOS implemented something suggested by a beta tester ...
    Nice! That was my second achievement! :)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    It has use as a tracker - which dungeons you've done etc. Several achievements get you minor things like dyes you can use for costumes and outfits, and you've had the XP from getting that achievement to move everything else along.

Dungeon achievements level undaunted, this is the second way of doing getting undaunted xp.

However it does not tell if you missed the dungeon quest. Just if you done dungeon in normal or vet and done the no death and speed runs.
    And done some achivement farming for dyes and achievement funiture
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.