Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

The Lore Introduced By Gold Road...

Tykune
Tykune
✭✭✭
So.. a thought occurred to me with the lore and possibilities introduced by the Gold Road expansion, and I thought it would be excellent for ZOS to capitalize on for something new and fresh (and wanted by quite a few people), and that would be a whole new race. And not just any race... buy the Lilmothiit!

For those of you who aren't Elder Scrolls lore-savvy, they are basically a race of fox-folk who were cousins of the Khajiit, whom died off when the Knahaten Flu ravaged Blackwater and the surrounding areas.

With portals leading to different realities, along with several other events in the past with portals connecting to the past as well, there are definitely possibilities and opportunities for some Lilmothiit to slip through post-flu to repopulate.
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’d love to run into some Lilmothiit. To me it makes perfect sense, I mean sure a majority of them were wiped out… fine. You could easily justify running into a few still though since it’s only 2nd era. None travel? No Lilmothiit wanted to learn magic and joined the Mages Guild or be a warrior and join Fighters? Thieves or DB? Pirates? Bandits? Cultists? It just makes sense to find some. Majority of Nords are in Skyrim but you can still find some all over Tamriel.

I feel the same with Imga and some Akavir races.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on June 14, 2024 2:38PM
    Options
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sign me in!
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
    Options
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want lilmothiit and imga and kothringi and maormer so bad.
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As much as I'd like to see more of the other races/cultures mentioned, I wouldn't like to see ESO do it in a "but the multiverse" way. That would take all the impact out of its history—like when characters come back from the dead too much, and it teaches you to not care when they die in that series.

I don't mind the pre–Gold Road quests we have with some reality/fate warping, it can just get to be too much.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • McMasterx
    McMasterx
    ✭✭✭
    Best bet I can assume Zos adding Lilmothiit would be as Companions, as well as some quest characters.
    Pc/Na
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought the Lilmothiit escaped the flu by going to Azeroth. 🦊
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    I thought the Lilmothiit escaped the flu by going to Azeroth. 🦊

Genuinely first HUGE laugh today! Thank you!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options