Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bugged treasure chest in Haldain's Lumber Camp in West Weald

Orbital78
Orbital78
✭✭✭✭
240613-003880 ticket reference. I managed to get up to where I assume you would loot it but I still cannot reach it. Error in terrain/delve design? This chest always seems to be one of the two (I think two is the spawn limit for delves) up. Unsure if my screenshot linked to the feedback report, @ZOS_Kevin . u42={{.246,.745,0}}, is the ingame /loc also in feedback ticket.
sp528b04qlvj.png
  • ThorLuthor
    ThorLuthor
    ✭✭
    I put a map marker on it then traveled to the north of Old Town Cavern, on the northern border of Reaper's March. I followed the marker to a treasure chest. I think it's the same one. The landscape in Reaper's March is very different even though it is technically the same place. I returned to the lumber mill and the chest had respawned.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its an numer of chests who is underground. Seen this both overland and in group dungeons. iBBwgwq.jpg
    qpheXzj.png

The weird thing is that it looks like some items can clip trough terrain, objects they stand on top of, is one chest in banished cell who clips trough the rock it put on top of, you can still access a corner of it.

Its not only chests, one of the daily crafting writ delivery boxes at Rawl'kwa, think its the alchemy one sometimes fall trough the box its put on top of.

Why is my question. Is not these stuff static objects?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are other chests in overland that have changed.

One is next to the waterfall outside of the 'upper' dwemer delve in Deshaan.
    It used be Ok; now you have to approach it from a particular angle in order to access it.

Another, near the eastern dolmen in Eastmarch used to be on top of small hill that you used to be able to run up and over; they put an invisible barrier on it to stop that, but left the chest there for a while. Later they moved it to under a tree.

Point is: there are other minor changes that are time-wasting in this way.

I can't see how these 'just change' by themselves. I also can't see any sane reason to deliberately modify them.
    Along the drifting cloud, the eagle searching down on the land
    Catching the swirling wind, the sailor sees the rim of the land

Yes ~ Fragile ~ 1971
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no clue why, but chests sometimes spawn differently. On one of my usual routes, there's one that sometimes spawns on ground level and sometimes beneath. I've also noticed a chair in one of my houses sometimes being useable and sometimes not, which also seems to be caused by it moving slightly below ground level sometimes.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen that chest Keen Eye effect in the Lumber Camp delve myself. But I think it's one of those "phantom" chests that's not actually there. It disappears when a chest elsewhere in the zone is looted. There was a phantom Safe Box in Ontus for a while, but you couldn't interact with it. It wasn't even under ground. It was right out in the open. But it would disappear when looted elsewhere.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Its an numer of chests who is underground. Seen this both overland and in group dungeons. iBBwgwq.jpg
    qpheXzj.png

The weird thing is that it looks like some items can clip trough terrain, objects they stand on top of, is one chest in banished cell who clips trough the rock it put on top of, you can still access a corner of it.

Its not only chests, one of the daily crafting writ delivery boxes at Rawl'kwa, think its the alchemy one sometimes fall trough the box its put on top of.

Why is my question. Is not these stuff static objects?

I happened to be right there when a chest respawned a few times, it’s like they appear slightly above ground and drop, making a thunk kind of sound, and I think the lid lifts and drops. My guess is it appears above ground so it will not get stuck in the terrain. So when they do appear below ground something went wrong. I do remember Kevin saying that things mysteriously move around from time to time, I have no idea why that happens.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA