The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Forgotten Crypts Group Challenge Not Offering Skill Point & Achievement

• feifonwong
    Same issue 4/20.2014 @ 6:15pm

Killed the whole area twice and still nothing.
  • phier817b14_ESO
    phier817b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Did this today after the patch and got both the skill point and the achievement.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried this. I wiped the room clean and still no achievement and no skill point. I am always at work when these server maintenance periods occur so I miss out on it. Congrats to those of you who can get in and obtain the achievement and skill point after the server downtime.
  • feifonwong
    Just got home from work, killed them again, and still no achievement
  • lalfier
    lalfier
    Soul Shriven
    Worked for me this morning, after server maintenance! :D
    "War, War never changes!"
  • linus2503
    linus2503
    ✭✭✭
    did this just now. Killed the guardians: no achievement
  • feifonwong
    lalfier wrote: »

Did you do this solo or with a group?

• lalfier
    lalfier
    Soul Shriven
    feifonwong wrote: »

I was not in group, but there was some other guy killing guardians, I just jumped in!
    "War, War never changes!"
  • feifonwong
    feifonwong wrote: »

I was not in group, but there was some other guy killing guardians, I just jumped in!

Just got home and killed them another 3 times. Nothing. I'll try again this Friday after maintenance. If that don't work, I give the eff up lol
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't work for me, did it twice in a duo last night (4/23 early AM)
  • feifonwong
    I put in a ticket and got an email response.... Funny thing is I can't reply to their email...
  • Utherix
    Utherix
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, it doesnt work
  • feifonwong
    I've been back a few times again with no luck as well. I did get a response back on my ticket I submitted on this issue. They're aware of the issue and hope to have it fixed in the future...
  • KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged on EU =(
    PC EU
  • Sarph
    Sarph
    Just attempted on NA, cleared everything but no achievement.
  • Gogog Bloodthroat
    Gogog Bloodthroat
    ✭✭✭
    Still nothing did it. Did it solo 4 times no skill point or achievement
    I,Gogog, the Bloodthroat. Hail Gzoroth!
  • fefnir3284
    still bugged for me as well 4/28/2014 5:25pm CST USA
  • feifonwong
    just check the next release notes, and no mention of the bug in this dungeon being fixed. However, I will try after the update.
  • Basileopator
    Did it twice today, still not working
  • Yacael
    Yacael
    Soul Shriven
    Yepp, still not working. Iam at VR7 now and so far 1/3 group challenges do not work or will simply not award a skill point.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Screw the achievement, but I want that skillpoint. The skillpoint was the only reason I went to that dungeon at all...and now, 20 lvls later, I still don't have it. I don't remember if I got the ach, but no skillpoint for sure>_> Haven't redone it for a while but doesn't look like there's a reason to, does it?
  • Odditorium
    Odditorium
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried it solo and then with a partner and it was a no go.
    PC/NA
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Dandy Warhol -|- Odditorium
    Oscillation Overthruster -|- Molag Trump
    Kira the Gelfling -|- Varag Ghoul-Chewer
    Buffy the Purple Slayer -|- Hostile Seventeen

OTG
    Ayrenn's Army
    AD Only
  • feifonwong
    Just tried this achievement before I move on the the next area. Sad to report, its still bugged. I'll make a note of this one, and come back at a higher level.
  • Cadderly_Malfur
    agreed. tried 2 times with a 2 man group: still bugged
    In Deneirs name
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    We just did today and no go still, will try again after maintenance. on Friday
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iorail wrote: »

Are you on the NA or EU server? I am on the NA server and grabbing this skill point and achievement are my top priorities after Friday's maintenance. If you are NA, perhaps we should group up so that we (and others?) can complete these.

• Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Iorail wrote: »

Are you on the NA or EU server? I am on the NA server and grabbing this skill point and achievement are my top priorities after Friday's maintenance. If you are NA, perhaps we should group up so that we (and others?) can complete these.

As maintenance times change, and it was today in the NA server, I logged out last night in front of this cave. The second the server came back up I enter, along with 2 other players (probably waiting for the same), we did the challenge an got the skill point first and the achievement second. So it's confirmed it only works after the restart and only to the first group that does this as I hanged around for a while and another group came a few minutes later and got nothing. If you want this achievement, you have to do right after a server restart and be the first kill, no other choice.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ , this information may be useful.

Edited by Iorail on May 8, 2014 5:14PM
  • schroed360
    schroed360
    ✭✭✭
    Same still bug for me as well. Do it once in a group and once totally solo... EU server. This was my third attempt .
  • sdirmitt_ESO
    sdirmitt_ESO
    ✭✭
    Still bugged after patch
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged after patch

And it will remain bugged until patch 1.1.1 or later is released. It just amazes me how this bug went undiscovered for so long.