Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox Showcase ESO Trailer- You Belong Here

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Your epic adventure within Tamriel’s Second Era awaits. Create your story from over 10 years of adventures and explore an ever-growing world. Go anywhere, team up with your fellow players, or experience Tamriel solo. Begin your ESO saga today—you belong here.
https://youtu.be/KRRT1lq4Fm4
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on June 13, 2024 1:34PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched it live and I was surprised at first, but the more I rewatch it the more I love it!

Always liked previous years' trailers, but this to me is on another level for 2 reasons: it feels totally "in-game", in a very full of life world, and it tells a story of friendship that players have experienced and can experience thanks to this amazing game, with a nice touch in the music choice.

Seeing all those emotes, pets, mounts, locations, enemies... It was simply wonderful 👌🏻
    This trailer alone made me want to start ESO before even finishing the show BUT I held myself and waited the end...

In my opinion, very well done and thanks! ❤️

P.s. the whole show was amazing, by the way.
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I normally don't watch trailers.... but a misclick started it - and I got instantly enthralled! It was a fun recap of a lot of my adventures over the 7 years I've played.... The music was a GREAT fit!

And the Argonian was almost good enough to make me think I'd like to play one (I never do.... or Orcs.... or Nords.... I mean, I haven't EVER played those races in all of the games since Arena even when they were actually playable).

So REALLY good job ZOS!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightfall crate return confirmed! I see the terminator sabre cat on the right side of the screen! its being ridden by someone with Storm Incarnate polymorph!
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what is that game and how do I get started?

:smiley:

[Yes... kidding]
    Edited by Elsonso on June 9, 2024 11:02PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drat, I forgot the stream was today and missed it! :(

Edit: I just watched the trailer and it was awesome, very well conceived and put together! :+1:
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on June 9, 2024 11:25PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched it again.... actually got me teary-eyed. I have had such a joyful ride with ESO - and NO! I AM NOT DONE YET.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • kynesgrove
    kynesgrove
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love this trailer, it really is fun and tongue in cheek! All the little bits that make ESO what it is. Definitely my experience playing I must say.

Necro is represented by a jester 🤡 I see. :D
    "The shrine is breathtaking, sitting upon a rise and dominated by many standing stones carved with holy runes. The place truly seems to have been kissed by Kyne's icy breath."
    - Urig the Wanderer
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is such a cool video ^_^
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a cute trailer.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know what I was expecting to see when I click on the video but definitely not this. What a wonderful trailer! Thank you.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so glad I gave this a click. Thanks for the fun journey through Tamriel.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it

My first reaction in the first seconds was [snip] but then...
    Not what i expected, though we "just" get the Gold Road trailer, but this? Awesome <3

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 10, 2024 10:09AM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Partner
    Noractis
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Watched it again.... actually got me teary-eyed. I have had such a joyful ride with ESO - and NO! I AM NOT DONE YET.

"I'm not crying! You're crying!" 🥹😭❤️
    Edited by SkaiFaith on June 10, 2024 6:57AM
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

I would love to know how you get your visuals to be so crisp and sharp in the in-game trailers, would be great to see an article or discussion on it.

This trailer also proves we need more cinematic type camera movement in the stories you tell. For example, when you're talking to an NPC and something happens at the location rather than just see my wide angle of my character camera it would be great if the camera adjusted up close to see the action going on. There is a lot of things going on during the stories, but I find most of it is lost due to the fixed camera in-game.

I realise this is additional work to position the camera for those moments but it's done during Vampire bites or DB kills, maybe some kind of cinematic cam you can switch on and off in settings as you want, just a thought.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not gonna lie, I got choked up. So many great memories playing this game over the years.
  • Tazzy
    Tazzy
    ✭✭✭
    What an epic trailer ! Made me smile all the time!
    Kudos!
    This one has no regrets *Raz
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it really encapsulates what ESO is and why it is different to other MMOs. The trailer did not show trials or pvp or gearing. Instead, it focused in what ESO does better: making friends and partaking in the most diverse activities possible.

I really feel this trailer managed to convince people who never experienced ESO, in less than 2 minutes, to actually try the game. More than all of the other trailers.
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this trailer so much. It tells the ESO story well, uses recognizable locations and emotes, has many popular NPCs throughout - what's not to love?
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got all kinds of misty-eyed watching this... and that last scene with everyone haring in full-tilt, absolutely love it.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great video! I've found Razum-dar twice >:)

Did I miss a detail, or main char really didn't mark his class in any kind?
    Was it done intentionally to let us join him whatever class we play?
  • Tazzy
    Tazzy
    ✭✭✭
    Great video! I've found Razum-dar twice >:)

You often find Raz where there is a party. :D
    Edited by Tazzy on June 11, 2024 12:37PM
    This one has no regrets *Raz
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an excellent trailer from an appeal perspective.

Personally, for me it doesn't really represent the experience I've had in ESO but it looks nice.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love the trailer, especially how it uses a beloved song from 1984 to heighten that sense of nostalgia. 😊
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to apologize for all of the people who come to your trailers complaining about it not being The Elder Scrolls: VI. They never learn that ZOS has nothing to do with Bethesda Game's side of things. I hope those kinds don't put a damper on your teams, this trailer was a wonderful ride and tribute to the anniversary.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I'd like to apologize for all of the people who come to your trailers complaining about it not being The Elder Scrolls: VI. They never learn that ZOS has nothing to do with Bethesda Game's side of things. I hope those kinds don't put a damper on your teams, this trailer was a wonderful ride and tribute to the anniversary.

The year TES6 will launch, those comments will likely instantly evolve in "when TES7?" - some people never learn.

Those are called "the soul-less" ones, which is quite ironic, since it makes them the perfect candidates to become Vestiges - they should just try and they would discover the beauty of ESO 😁 (just stay away from a guy named Molag Bal - he doesn't like those like you).
    Edited by SkaiFaith on June 13, 2024 4:17AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaiFaith wrote: »

The year TES6 will launch, those comments will likely instantly evolve in "when TES7?" - some people never learn.

Those are called "the soul-less" ones, which is quite ironic, since it makes them the perfect candidates to become Vestiges - they should just try and they would discover the beauty of ESO 😁 (just stay away from a guy named Molag Bal - he doesn't like those like you).

Ugh speaking of soulless, I just spent some time looking thru the newest comments on the trailer. It's a total cesspool and 20 minutes I'll never get back.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugh speaking of soulless, I just spent some time looking thru the newest comments on the trailer. It's a total cesspool and 20 minutes I'll never get back.

Would you guess that ESO gets mass downvoted from people in some regions where their language is not in the game and they don't understand English even if it is taught in schools since the elementary years?

I've given up on reading comments, but I have a new vision of the game: our community is "the best community in gaming" because many of those angry people don't touch it, fortunately. They just fill the comment sections...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People have always been confused about the split between Bethesda Game Studios and ZOS. I suppose that it doesn't help that the video was posted by Bethesda Softworks. People don't know the difference between Bethesda Softworks and Bethesda Game Studio, either.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus