Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread "Get A Glimpse Of Gold Road By Watching These Stream Team Team Streams!"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
20iiagq9on7k.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Get A Glimpse Of Gold Road By Watching These Stream Team Team Streams!"

"Celebrate the launch of The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road with the ESO Stream Team and receive bonus Drops!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on June 7, 2024 4:03PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a major downer that the Apprentice's Flower Trick emote is on a lottery—it would be nice to able to earn it.

I get that this and the Pink Torchbug seem meant as exclusive rewards to promote streamers, but the giveaway aspect just feels disappointing as a viewer to have a tiny tiny chance to get it.

My suggestion would be to give them out as redeemable codes for channel points. That way, people could earn them by spending more time watching streams, which would benefit the streamer view numbers and feel more rewarding to the viewer. Maybe the streamers prefer giveaways, but I'd appreciate a solution like this.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Porkford
    Porkford
    ✭✭
    I agree the chances of winning the emote are tiny. If anything the exclusivity and low chance of winning encourage me personally to not bother watching the streams they don't drive me to watch them it has the opposite effect. I'm far more likely to watch if we can earn this somehow. @ZOS_Kevin will there be a way of getting the Apprentice's Flower Trick emote outside of the streams like the crown store or through a future event?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Porkford wrote: »
    I agree the chances of winning the emote are tiny. If anything the exclusivity and low chance of winning encourage me personally to not bother watching the streams they don't drive me to watch them it has the opposite effect. I'm far more likely to watch if we can earn this somehow. @ZOS_Kevin will there be a way of getting the Apprentice's Flower Trick emote outside of the streams like the crown store or through a future event?

There will be other chances in the future. And this emote is not strictly reserved for content creators. Watching/ engaging with content creator streams is one avenue to get it, but we will have other ways to give this item out over the course of the year. But it will not be through the Crown Store, but rather community centric activities.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this probably isn't the right place to post this, but I couldn't find anything about it anywhere else, and this is the newest news post.

On the Xbox announcements in game, the Gold Road release date says June 3rd, not June 18th. It has been wrong for some time. I figured someone would catch this sooner. This same issue happened last year with the release date of Necrom.

Please pass this on to the relevant team.

Thank you.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Porkford wrote: »

There will be other chances in the future. And this emote is not strictly reserved for content creators. Watching/ engaging with content creator streams is one avenue to get it, but we will have other ways to give this item out over the course of the year. But it will not be through the Crown Store, but rather community centric activities.

That's great news, thanks for looking out! I look forward to hearing how to earn the pretty-looking emote sometime.
    PC-NA
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    I know this probably isn't the right place to post this, but I couldn't find anything about it anywhere else, and this is the newest news post.

On the Xbox announcements in game, the Gold Road release date says June 3rd, not June 18th. It has been wrong for some time. I figured someone would catch this sooner. This same issue happened last year with the release date of Necrom.

Thank you.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If you could, can you take a picture of this? Just so we have something specific to send to the team.
    Staff Post
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Thank you.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If you could, can you take a picture of this? Just so we have something specific to send to the team.

After launching the game, it is on the screen titled "Announcements". The same screen where you choose US or EU servers and hit play. Before the character select screen.

Sorry, I don't know how to upload screenshots from my Xbox.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on June 3, 2024 9:02PM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My experience trying to get the emote over several hours so far:
    • One stream team member has a chat-based minigame where you have like a 1/400 chance of getting an emote.
    • One stream team member starts giveaway sign-ups and actually does the drawing several hours later, that you have to be present for.
    • The content is doing dailies against enemies that die in one shot.

So these would only be possible to earn if I was watching on Twitch instead of playing the game. : p

I think it's great for the community to support streamers, I just wish it were rewarding and didn't require putting streams on in the background/not paying attention to them. It would be cool to watch a trial guild do the new Trial with the emote enabled as the drop. Or watch a night where the streamers do battlegrounds, or something.
    PC-NA