Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Anniversary Spotlight- Earn A Multi-Rider Mount With Scribing!"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
xrwzi57dl2jv.png
This is the official discussion thread for, "Anniversary Spotlight- Earn A Multi-Rider Mount With Scribing!"

"Unlock a free multi-rider mount by delving deep into the Gold Road Chapter’s new Scribing system this month of June!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on June 24, 2024 3:16PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh nice, I don’t think I have a multi-person mount yet.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not a huge fan of the normal horse mounts but ill still take a free one worth 5000 crowns lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    super awesome
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Cambion2401
    Cambion2401
    ✭✭✭
    I'm too friendless to spen rl money for multiriding, so this is a nice moment to try it out!
    Started ESO: February 2015
    99% solo PvE'er
    PC-EU
    Options
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you fixed the horses back legs??? Seriously they look different- straight.
    Edited by Pelanora on June 4, 2024 6:18AM
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do we have to complete something before starting this questline?

I don't see the one to start the questline going there now.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can start the Scribing questline outside the Skingrad Mages Guild or by accepting the quest from Collections menu:1b21an0gvgum.png

Once you complete all six quests in the questline, you can claim the mount in the Crown Store while it is still available.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the assist there, @Maitsukas!

@FlopsyPrince All you need is the chapter. You do not need to complete everything else to go through the scribing quest.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on June 3, 2024 5:07PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

@FlopsyPrince All you need is the chapter. You do not need to complete everything else to go through the scribing quest.

I went into the Mages guild and didn't see any quest. Did I miss something?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Note that you need access to the Champion System or have a level 30 character to begin the Scribing quest line."

You're not on a newly-created character, are you?
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »

"Note that you need access to the Champion System or have a level 30 character to begin the Scribing quest line."

You're not on a newly-created character, are you?

No. My "main" on PC-NA. Quite high CP as well.

Is the starter quest in the Mages guild? Perhaps I got it automatically somehow.

I have not finished (or even started) the main Necron questline.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @FlopsyPrince Try going to Scribing in your collections and see if you can accept the quest from there. If not, if you could put in a ticket, we can get this escalated and see what is going on here.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @FlopsyPrince Try going to Scribing in your collections and see if you can accept the quest from there. If not, if you could put in a ticket, we can get this escalated and see what is going on here.

That gave me the quest. I read online that I needed to go to a contact, but that worked as well. Thanks!

I am somewhat surprised this isn't in the "Quest Starters" part of the store.

EDIT: Ah, the guy wasn't in the Mages Guild, but right outside.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on June 3, 2024 9:22PM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started the questline by reading the announcement that was posted on the left wall/pillar just before the bridge/walkway that leads into Skingrad. It was addressed to my character by name, and directed me to meet up with the guy who's outside the Mages Guild. This was the bridge to (I think) the northern entrance into Skingrad.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid follow-on question: How do I continue the chain? I thought I accepted everything but that is done and no
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I started the questline by reading the announcement that was posted on the left wall/pillar just before the bridge/walkway that leads into Skingrad. It was addressed to my character by name, and directed me to meet up with the guy who's outside the Mages Guild. This was the bridge to (I think) the northern entrance into Skingrad.

I didn't see the notice, I just found something that said "Mages Guild in Skingard" or such. So I went inside to find no quest. I didn't realize it was outside until later.

Another point for anyone late here is that the rest of the quests must be manually picked up in the big room (after finishing another) in the big room that had the doorway to the Indirik. Easy to miss those and not know where to continue.

Quite a few quest steps for this "free mount"!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »

You can start the Scribing questline outside the Skingrad Mages Guild or by accepting the quest from Collections menu:1b21an0gvgum.png

Once you complete all six quests in the questline, you can claim the mount in the Crown Store while it is still available.

honestly didnt know you could do that lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are the "six quests" the different creatures or is one "quest" the creatures, with 5 other quest sets afterward?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the "six quests" the different creatures or is one "quest" the creatures, with 5 other quest sets afterward?

"second era of scribing" is the "intro"

then theres the 4 wing quests which are part of the "scribing storyline"

there is a 5th wing quest that is kind of the "scribing finale"

6 quests in total

for alt characters, only the "second era of scribing" needs to be completed to unlock access to the system

the 4 wing quests (indrik, netch, dragon, gryphon) give permanent account upgrades so you can find scripts/luminous ink, and can be done again on alt characters, as each wing completion gives +3 luminous ink (which right now is very difficult to acquire otherwise as drop rates are very low)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I have not finished the Telvanni/Apocrypha storyline yet, will doing the Scribing quests spoil anything? Or is it pretty self-contained and not dependent on the Telvanni/Apocrypha/West Weald story?
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    If I have not finished the Telvanni/Apocrypha storyline yet, will doing the Scribing quests spoil anything? Or is it pretty self-contained and not dependent on the Telvanni/Apocrypha/West Weald story?

scribing is unrelated to west weald/necrom story

many of the quests dont even require going to either zone (the primary zones that were accessed during the questline was auridon, the rift, vvardenfell, and reapers march)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just finished the "Second Era of Scribing" quest, with great difficulty by the way, involving logout/login, and /reloadui, to try to get part of the quest working properly. Then I looked at the Bug section of this forum and found some of the other 5 scribing quests also have bugs. Getting this free mount is going to be tricky, I suspect...
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

many of the quests dont even require going to either zone (the primary zones that were accessed during the questline was auridon, the rift, vvardenfell, and reapers march)

Finding the second part of some of the steps can be a pain....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget to buy the mount from the Store after you complete things. It does not come automatically!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah i would agree with that, it should mark all available challenges you can complete in the journal entry for the quest instead of having to decipher the lorebook entry

doing the step of talking to your allies can mark some of them on the map, which i was lazy and just followed those
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yeah i would agree with that, it should mark all available challenges you can complete in the journal entry for the quest instead of having to decipher the lorebook entry

doing the step of talking to your allies can mark some of them on the map, which i was lazy and just followed those

True, but I meant finding the thing to zap. Took me quite a while for some....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the part with dispelling the wards? i found that generally creative, though it was definitely overused (all 4 wings it was the same repetitive cycle: dispel wards->challenges->quest)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

the part with dispelling the wards? i found that generally creative, though it was definitely overused (all 4 wings it was the same repetitive cycle: dispel wards->challenges->quest)

The process is not hard, I just spent far too much time on some finding where the ward to dispel was!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Schattenspiel
    Schattenspiel
    ✭✭
    Finding some of the wards was definitely a challenge, but after I found them, I felt a little silly for not seeing them sooner. My biggest challenge in the chain is the end boss of the Crow's wing. I still have not managed to defeat it.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Finding some of the wards was definitely a challenge, but after I found them, I felt a little silly for not seeing them sooner. My biggest challenge in the chain is the end boss of the Crow's wing. I still have not managed to defeat it.

A few were that way, but some better "look this way" advice would have helped in some cases. The ones where you had to pick something up did get a quest triangle marker, but not the things you had to dispel. I had a few that took me quite a while to find. Some were just a matter of looking up or such, but several were not at all obvious.

And don't get me on the stupid path in the sky part. The stupid fox just stopped near the end, for no reason. Nothing to dispel (that I could see) and I kept falling off because I was an inch off the path. I am glad I was on my pet sorc and found the method to find the last bit of the path. It would have been impossible on any character without a lightning staff. (Though I suppose I could temporarily use on on any character.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Schattenspiel
    Schattenspiel
    ✭✭

A few were that way, but some better "look this way" advice would have helped in some cases. The ones where you had to pick something up did get a quest triangle marker, but not the things you had to dispel. I had a few that took me quite a while to find. Some were just a matter of looking up or such, but several were not at all obvious.

And don't get me on the stupid path in the sky part. The stupid fox just stopped near the end, for no reason. Nothing to dispel (that I could see) and I kept falling off because I was an inch off the path. I am glad I was on my pet sorc and found the method to find the last bit of the path. It would have been impossible on any character without a lightning staff. (Though I suppose I could temporarily use on on any character.)

I was fortunate enough to not have any trouble on the Fox path.
    Options