Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Official Discussion Thread for "Enjoy Bonus Gold, XP, & More As The Explorer's Celebration Returns"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
pg4npnhbxzqz.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Enjoy Bonus Gold, XP, & More As The Explorer's Celebration Returns"

"Explore the far reaches of Tamriel and receive bonus rewards during the Explorer’s Celebration!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on May 28, 2024 2:28PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the increased drops from harvest nodes include survey reports?

I rarely do them, so I can't tell if they are higher than usual or not.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Faulgor Survey reports are not included with the increased drops.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

It's been asked for quite frequently, I think most recently with the Crafter's Celebration. Has that feedback been seen, and if so, why hasn't that been addressed?
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

It's been asked for quite frequently, I think most recently with the Crafter's Celebration. Has that feedback been seen, and if so, why hasn't that been addressed?

The harvesting CP does already count. Can you imagine getting 72 raw silk or 24 columbine from a single survey node during a double resource event! That seems it could be excessive, no?
    Options
  • Techwolf_Lupindo
    Techwolf_Lupindo
    ✭✭✭
    The harvesting CP does already count. Can you imagine getting 72 raw silk or 24 columbine from a single survey node during a double resource event! That seems it could be excessive, no?

No. Just take a look at the gold inflation on PC NA.
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

I think it has been addressed. They have been doing double node drops in events for almost entire history of game and surveys have never been included. At this point, after what must be a hundred double node events, inaction is a decision. They don't want players hoarding surveys and only doing them during events. If you want to get the most gold and raw crafting materials out of the event, ZOS wants you spending time playing the game during the event, not falling back on outsized gains from items earned before event started.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Just take a look at the gold inflation on PC NA.

That does not seem to be the case currently. The Anniversary event already lowered material prices. As for gold itself, Crowns now trade for under 2000:1 — of course last year’s highs were probably due to pent up demand and an at first especially limited supply. Still, the fact that the prices have come down to me indicates there isn’t runaway gold inflation on PC NA.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    They don't want players hoarding surveys and only doing them during events. If you want to get the most gold and raw crafting materials out of the event, ZOS wants you spending time playing the game during the event, not falling back on outsized gains from items earned before event started.

While that’s typical for ZOS, it instead leads to players hoarding surveys and just never doing them, because harvesting surveys is boring and tedious.

…That said I’m getting some of mine done anyway, because I want my bank space back and most of them are in relatively unpopulated zones, so I can grab the doubled non-survey nodes on the way and there’s less competition. 🙃
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • Virys1967
    Virys1967
    ✭✭✭
    This would be a great event if you had an army of harvesting bots.
    Thank goodness the ZOS TOS doesn't allow that sort of thing....
    Edited by Virys1967 on May 24, 2024 3:55PM
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    They don't want players hoarding surveys and only doing them during events. If you want to get the most gold and raw crafting materials out of the event, ZOS wants you spending time playing the game during the event, not falling back on outsized gains from items earned before event started.

While that’s typical for ZOS, it instead leads to players hoarding surveys and just never doing them, because harvesting surveys is boring and tedious.

…That said I’m getting some of mine done anyway, because I want my bank space back and most of them are in relatively unpopulated zones, so I can grab the doubled non-survey nodes on the way and there’s less competition. 🙃

I don't feel like they've properly motivated us to to not store them though.

I'm just sitting on mine, and have them stored on a mule. I'm simply not doing them unless there's good reason for me them instead of other more rewarding activities. They really need to overhaul the survey system. At this point, just make it a package we get in game. I'm sure that'd help database loads too.

And no, I don't think it's been addressed. I'm looking for an actual response from them. Simple explanation on something frequently asked for each time this event pops up. Should be something @ZOS_Kevin can chase down.
    Edited by Destai on May 24, 2024 4:30PM
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surveys have never been included in double drops and why does ZOS need to motivate players to not hoard surveys? I mean, I would think limited inventory already does that. What’s the difference between having a character with stacks of surveys as versus anything else? It’s nice that at least a few materials besides the super rare RNG dependent still have value, so that players willing to put in the time have something to sell.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Increased drops from harvest nodes (this does not include fishing or creature drops such as leather)"

For the fourth resource event in a row, please have the team review this content for accuracy.

c52s48vscf2l.jpg
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heartwood continues to be bugged and not benefit from the increased resource drops.

Jessica confirmed that the event bonus should roll again for furnishing mats, and it does for every furnishing mat (including those dropped by creatures) except Heartwood.

This is the most sought after furnishing mat of those that can be gotten from resource nodes. It's highly disappointing this continues to be a problem event after event.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surveys have never been included in double drops and why does ZOS need to motivate players to not hoard surveys? I mean, I would think limited inventory already does that.

Because again, looting them is boring and tedious. For Enchanter Surveys especially, thanks to the variety of runes that can drop, looting them actually makes your inventory status worse if you aren’t ESO+.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surveys have never been included in double drops and why does ZOS need to motivate players to not hoard surveys? I mean, I would think limited inventory already does that.

Because again, looting them is boring and tedious. For Enchanter Surveys especially, thanks to the variety of runes that can drop, looting them actually makes your inventory status worse if you aren’t ESO+.

And suddenly the real reason that surveys don't get any QoL becomes clear. Just like all the other uncountable inventory fodder that gets injected into each update...
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Heartwood continues to be bugged and not benefit from the increased resource drops.

Jessica confirmed that the event bonus should roll again for furnishing mats, and it does for every furnishing mat (including those dropped by creatures) except Heartwood.

I have not seen increased drop rates for heartwood either, unfortunately.
    Options
  • Virys1967
    Virys1967
    ✭✭✭
    Here we are in the last hours of this event and the bots are tripping over themselves in the smaller areas, really enjoying the extra materials.
    The smaller areas are the best for harvesting because there are many nodes close together and the respawn times are faster.
    I realize ZOS has a hard time with bots, but during events like this you'd think they'd put extra effort to make sure they are gone.
    This isn't a free game, even if you don't have ESO Plus you still have to pay for a subscription on consoles to play it.
    I've known new people to stop playing because the starter areas are so covered in bots that they don't think their accounts are safe if ESO is that easily hacked.
    So please, do something about them. At least during the events.
    Options