Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Drop rate of style materials for daily reward coffers of Blackwood/High Isle

juancantor12
juancantor12
Soul Shriven
Did we ever got an explanation of why getting Blackwood/High Isle style materials for furnishings was made so unneccesarily frustrating?

I've seen plenty of people, for a long time, complaining about that, people (myself included) doing both chapters dailies for 3+ days in a row without getting a single one, even deconstructing the items you get with all the decon bonuses.
it jus feels so wrong, by normally playing the game you came a cross a awesome blueprint, you want to decorate your home with it and you set yourself to gather the mats. You go, to the wiki, it drops from daily rewards, you go and do your dailies and get nothing.. hm... next day, go and struggle to kill WB with little to no help, scout delves, do events, et... and... nothing. another day, another try and.... NOTHING!.
Very stubborn players probably will stick to it, eating up the frustration and hopelessness, other will just buy the mats from guild stores or the furnishing themselves from the crownstore, just to avoid the horrendous experience of getting them by playing the game, that saddly seems to be the intended way.

I just cannot wrap my head around the decision making for this, like it just ruin the entire experience of furnishing your home. Nex time you get a nice blueprint you only think on selling that curse to some other player, because you may not be willing to do dailies for weeks to craft 1 or 2 pieces at most.

Now, I know I'm not the only one who had to go through this nightmare, and I've seen plenty of complaining about this here, ingame and in reddit, so my question is: why?
If this horrendous experiences is that way by desing and is not going to change, can we at least get an explanation of why did they have to make it this way?

• tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Part of the issue is that the zone sets drop in multiple motifs that don't drop the style material. Compared to Northern Elsweyr, where two of the sets drop Shimmering Sand when deconned.

On top of that, dragons are more friendly to do than Atoll of Immolation—you have to find a hidden portal, run through nine waves of enemies, then a boss fight with invulnerability. And the vents I think don't drop Stendarr Stamps, right? So little things that add up.

Still not as bad as Glass Eyes of Mora!
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The zone dailies should have a guaranteed drop of the style mat in my opinion.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Vez
    Vez
    ✭✭✭
    They'll never give a reason because the reason is so obvious. It drives purchases to the housing editor crown store.
    Options