The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cant Log in. Timed out(Please help)

Heavy846
Heavy846
When I try and log on it says requesting login and then just sits there. After a few minutes i get Login error message timed out with no error code. I have contacted the support via e-mail still waiting on a response.
  • Karner
    Karner
    "The European megaserver will be offline for the update to version 1.0.1 starting around 10:30 PM BST. We will let you know when the server is back online and open."
    I must not lose my resolve. I will march forward even if I have to do so... Alone.
    -
  • Disto
    Disto
    ✭✭
    Are you trying to Log onto the NA servers or EU?
    If EU @Karner explained why.
    Karner wrote: »
    "The European megaserver will be offline for the update to version 1.0.1 starting around 10:30 PM BST. We will let you know when the server is back online and open."
    But if you are on the NA server, it may be server load. Try closing your game and trying again in a few minutes.

Hope that helps!

• Heavy846
    Heavy846
    I am trying to log into a US server.
  • Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭
    the EU server is back up since about 2 min, so you should be able to log in again,
  • Heavy846
    Heavy846
    I have tried all the usual things to try and get it working. Complete shut down of game and computer running on admin and so on.
  • Demetric
    Demetric
    EU servers just came up, but I can't log in there either. Timeout.
  • JulianProsse
    JulianProsse
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. Is there a patch supposed to be downloaded? Because my launcher isn't downloading anything, not even if I click "Check for updates".
  • XDem
    XDem
    ✭✭✭
    Same, no patch to download and unable to login (EU). I think we'll have to wait a bit more.
  • Zilas
    Zilas
    ✭✭✭
    At least, some sign of life @EU - I'm getting a time out after a few min, but it's good to know progres has been made.
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    Every minute of a delay feels like infinity when it is 2:20 in the night :(
  • Firetribe
    Firetribe
    Now i can download patch!
  • BleachedKitty
    BleachedKitty
    Soul Shriven
    I had the same issue <3
    For NA, if you're having this problem you need to press the "Game Options" marker (below the 'News' header) in the launcher, and select "Repair".
  • Kelara
    Kelara
    Soul Shriven
    Had this issue briefly when the EU server came back on. Quit to launcher and then UPDATE was the option and the download is ticking away nicely.

eta and I'm in!
    Edited by Kelara on April 3, 2014 12:33AM
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    Somehow the update corrupted my game client.

I am not even sure how it happened. As I think it was, I started the launcher at a very unlucky moment: patch was there but not fully ready and I got and error message. After that the launcher crashed and now it is installing the full game anew. I am shocked... my internet is not unlimited either and I am not even sure that I have 30GB left.
  • Heavy846
    Heavy846
    I had the same issue <3
    For NA, if you're having this problem you need to press the "Game Options" marker (below the 'News' header) in the launcher, and select "Repair".

Yup that seems to have fixed the issue. :D