Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Animated boot screens

TDVM
TDVM
✭✭✭
Why doesn't the PC version have animated loading screens like the console version? I understand that you can enable console mode for PC, but why not add them to the PC version as well?
  • VouxeTheMinotaur
    VouxeTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭
    that comes a huge surprise to me. as a console player I would think PC has all the bells and whistles before console can even get a whiff of it, like the PTS's
    PS5/NA: Vouxe_
    Spot me in Vet Dungeons and say Hi! : )
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait what? Yalls loading screens have more than just the spinning ouroboros?
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't picture what an animated loading screen would even do.
    PCNA
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't picture what an animated loading screen would even do.

I can. And I would hate it. Static is good. The game is "animated" enough - and occasionally.... way too much. I really really dislike gratuitous animations.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I would like it, either.
    PCNA
    Options
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm lost. What do you mean by loading screens? You mean the pictures shown when transitioning between the zones?
    Edit: And I think I've never seen a spinning ouroboros (at least not large enough to pay attention to it).
    Edited by ESO_player123 on May 19, 2024 1:30AM
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's a loading screen?

Do you mean that brief 3 seconds between changing zones?
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have a video of this?
    PCNA
    Options
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s literally just the artwork on console..
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s literally just the artwork on console..

How is it animated?
    PCNA
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm lost. What do you mean by loading screens? You mean the pictures shown when transitioning between the zones?
    Edit: And I think I've never seen a spinning ouroboros (at least not large enough to pay attention to it).

I know on console the ouroboros is in the center of the loading screen, I think? On PC, our ouroboros is in the bottom right corner. I notice it because I stare at it when a loading screen is taking too long.

Maybe that is what OP is talking about? They just haven't noticed the ouroboros is in the corner instead?
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Maybe that is what OP is talking about? They just haven't noticed the ouroboros is in the corner instead?

That could be it.

When I heard of animated loading screens I thought of the characters in the image moving around or something. I couldn't figure out how or why they would do that.
    PCNA
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what OP is talking about.

The login screen is the Gold Road artwork and other loading screens are zone artwork or other artwork like the troll head on the fireplace and all the people looking up at it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

That could be it.

When I heard of animated loading screens I thought of the characters in the image moving around or something. I couldn't figure out how or why they would do that.

That is what I though too. We need to hear more about this.
    Options