Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deconstructable Furniture in Update 43?

LunaFlora
LunaFlora
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
hey look just noticed after people in a housing guild pointed it out that furnishing pack items in their containers say "This cannot be deconstructed".

So will update 43 let us deconstruct unbound furnishings?

pe0043xi7ejy.jpg
mekvnheislfl.jpg
7ttshr5icsmo.jpg
shz3mtpgb5mf.jpg

miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
"Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
🦬🦌🐰
PlayStation and PC EU.
LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean, it sounds possible, i believe they were planning on doing housing QoL in Q3 and deconstructing furnishing was one of the largest requests
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice feature if it happens.
    But I hope it'll work on current furniture too, it's fine if it's only the crafted stuff overall though.

They're probably doing it to help alleviate storage and server space/strain, which would work a lot better if applied retroactively.

I think this is a great feature if they give decent returns on deconstruction, otherwise too many people won't decon, but keep things just in case.
    I also hope it's not the only major thing coming with 43, and not the only inventory management help either :)
    Options
  • nathamarath
    nathamarath
    ✭✭✭
    I believe this was introduced with the ragpicker.
    give a man a fish and he is happy for a day. give him a video game and he is happy for months, maybe even years
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2 questions from me:
    • why the specific mention of unbound furnishings? Wouldn't it be nice to also deconstruct bound furnishings?
    • when's update 43? I can't see it in the 2024 roadmap
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wwegtm4x853e.jpg
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    2 questions from me:
    • why the specific mention of unbound furnishings? Wouldn't it be nice to also deconstruct bound furnishings?
    • when's update 43? I can't see it in the 2024 roadmap

the furnishings in my screenshots are in a furnishing pack and are Bind on Pickup so they will be Bound after i take them out.

Yes it would be nice, but it does make sense that we would not get materials back from furnishings that were not crafted.

update 43 is the quarter 3 update. and is on all of the 2024 roadmaps
    it will have a housing feature and likely releases in August/September like other q3 updates have. and thus should be on PTS in early July.

ln2m4zwcrxuh.jpg
    282ce3a2ad324038af70dcc7d911d144.jpg
    3q3p9tbfpaeh.jpg
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for clarifying. I only saw the 2024 roadmap, and didn't realise there was a separate 10th anniversary roadmap, so I didn't see any mention of update 43.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options