Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Gold road set will they be nerfed soon ?

KinnikuBeam
KinnikuBeam
✭✭✭
Hello
Do you plan, as usual, to nerf the new sets soon? Lucent Echoes,Tharriker's Strike,Highland Sentinel looks amazing but I guess it won't last.

Simply to know if I'm starting to save resources or buy them, otherwise I don't do any of that, It's enough to gold items to see them nerfed 1 month later

In advance, thank you for your answer
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tharriker's Strike and Highland Sentinel are craftable,so don't gold em,or wait on using them.Lucent Echoes will be bound from trial,so get em to complete collection is you want.Sometimes it's 6 moths to a year+ before nerfs,so never know.
    Options
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Hello
    Do you plan, as usual, to nerf the new sets soon? Lucent Echoes,Tharriker's Strike,Highland Sentinel looks amazing but I guess it won't last.

Simply to know if I'm starting to save resources or buy them, otherwise I don't do any of that, It's enough to gold items to see them nerfed 1 month later

All will get nerf ev3n macabre
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello

In what is this relevant unless you play on PTS as your main location? Did I miss the release?
    Options
  • DoofusMax
    DoofusMax
    ✭✭✭
    Unless it's clearly OP'd from the get-go, newly introduced stuff usually goes through a couple of quarterly patch cycles before anything major gets done to it. Everything gets buffed/nerfed/superseded at some point, though. Go have fun with it. If it gets nerfed, fine; if it doesn't, fine. But "I'm afraid to use this because it might get nerfed" is kind of hard to wrap my head around. If you're concerned about the upgrade mats, then don't gold it out.
    Options
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every new chapter has OP elements baked in to make it must-have. They can take up to a year to be nerfed.
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desiato wrote: »
    Every new chapter has OP elements baked in to make it must-have. They can take up to a year to be nerfed.

Or more, given how the dreadsail (high isle) sets are still meta and will stay meta for 2+ years post release.
    Options
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tharriker's Strike and Highland Sentinel are craftable,so don't gold em,or wait on using them.Lucent Echoes will be bound from trial,so get em to complete collection is you want.Sometimes it's 6 moths to a year+ before nerfs,so never know.

Indeed. I sat on some purple jewlery of NMA for over a year because I thought surely it would be nerfed next patch for like seven patches in a row. Of course, they did nerf it the very next patch after I decided to gold it lol

And then there's Deadwater's. I farmed that up day one and after only a couple days of using it I deconned it knowing that ZoS would nerf it the very next patch for sure. Somehow it flew under everyone's radar for like two-and-a-half years! I couldn't believe that no one was using it for that long. Finally, the trials teams caught on to how absolutely jacked it was and it got insta-nerfed the next patch.

Generally speaking, unless a set is completely bugged the only way you'll see a significant nerf very early on is if the trial score-pushers find a way to abuse it.
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is rather humorous that you'd expect *any* video game company to answer a question like this.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Lykeion
      Lykeion
      ✭✭✭✭
      sarahthes wrote: »

Or more, given how the dreadsail (high isle) sets are still meta and will stay meta for 2+ years post release.

It's not fair to say that, cuz Sanity's Edge's set doesn't make any changes to the meta

DSR and SE seem to have very different levels of set design.
      Options
    • Veinblood1965
      Veinblood1965
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The nerf bat knows no boundaries. It swingeth wide and deep into the bowels of time itself. (Famous quote from the book Are All Your Chickens Hatched?).
      Options
    • Desiato
      Desiato
      ✭✭✭✭
      sarahthes wrote: »

Well, I would make a distinction between meta and OP, and I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing if older sets remain meta.

I'm pretty out of touch with most current metas as I was away from the game for years, so I was speaking more generally. I honestly don't know if the sets you're referring to would be considered OP.

From a pvp pov, all three new classes were considered OP when first introduced, but then were toned done to varying degrees much later on. We see the same with dlc sets that can be disruptive in pvp when first introduced, and it takes quite some time before they're adjusted. It often seems this process is by design.

Edited by Desiato on May 6, 2024 8:05PM
      spending a year dead for tax reasons
      Options
    • Dagoth_Rac
      Dagoth_Rac
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Hello

"Hello! Thank you for your inquiry. We plan on nerfing these sets hard about a week after launch. So if you thought the sets looked cool and were thinking about buying Gold Road, don't bother," said no company, ever.

"Hello! Thank you for your inquiry. We plan on keeping these sets strong until the 2025 Chapter is released. So if you thought the sets looked like they would be no fun to fight against, and were going to pass on buying Gold Road, that's probably a good idea" said no company, ever.
      Options
    • tsaescishoeshiner
      tsaescishoeshiner
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Unless a certain set seems super massively overpowered and ubiquitous, I wouldn't worry about it being nerfed into nothing.

Trial builds still use sets from years and years ago. It's always possible things will be changed, but it hasn't been true that new sets are strong until it's time to nerf them for a new batch of sets.

It's a confirmation bias thing--whenever there's a new powerful set, or a set from last year is nerfed, it "proves" the theory lol. But the counterevidence isn't discussed, such as older sets still being favored over new ones.

And then when a new patch has no new competitive sets, people complain about that, too. I think we're in a decent balance. If anything, I've seen people ask for combat and balance changes to be more frequent rather than less. They've been pretty gradual (until something like the Blastbones rework).
      PC-NA
      in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
      Options