Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

[SUGGESTION] Account wide skill ines

SilverWF
SilverWF
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello

I am pretty sure there should be account wide skills lines.

And Scrying + Excavation should be the 1st ones.

Why? Because they are insanely long, boring and dumb ones to level. I already did in on the one character - why should I repeat the process at another? Does it fun or joy? Not!

I am well aware that leads are account wide and I can have specific character as Scrying excavator - I already have it! I didn't even want to relog, it's dumb!

Other possible account wide skill lines could be any World, Guild and Alliance war lines
  • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
  • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
  • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
  • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account wide = shared progress
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more account wide stuff please.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    No more account wide stuff please.

why that?
    Edited by SilverWF on May 6, 2024 2:35PM
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I use the skill lines in leveling alts, and I don't want that removed.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I use the skill lines in leveling alts, and I don't want that removed.

how it's even relevant?
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you make antiquities account wide, I won't get the leveling up when alts scry and excavate. It's very relevant to me.

Options
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good god no! Please stop with all this account wide nonsense already. There is far too much account wide now as it is.
    If you don't want to do those quests/skill lines again then either don't do them or don't make alts.
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »
    Good god no! Please stop with all this account wide nonsense already. There is far too much account wide now as it is.
    If you don't want to do those quests/skill lines again then either don't do them or don't make alts.

Quite.

Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you make antiquities account wide, I won't get the leveling up when alts scry and excavate. It's very relevant to me.

Chesus, antiquities already account wide, I'm asking for shared progress in the skill lines

How does it bad? Another character is still me - the same me who already finished the same DUMB AND BORING leveling of the Scrying and Excavation.
    Having everything separated is stupid, it's like games from 2000 - this times are gone and gone for good!
    The progress is here.
    "If you don't want to" have everything shared - play single character or buy another account. See? Everyone can play this game.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »

Chesus, antiquities already account wide, I'm asking for shared progress in the skill lines

How does it bad? Another character is still me - the same me who already finished the same DUMB AND BORING leveling of the Scrying and Excavation.
    Having everything separated is stupid, it's like games from 2000 - this times are gone and gone for good!
    The progress is here.
    "If you don't want to" have everything shared - play single character or buy another account. See? Everyone can play this game.

No. I like all my alts (and I have a LOT of them). That's how I (and others) play games like this. My characters are individuals, they are themselves, and I play them as individuals. That's the fun of it.

NONE of my characters are ME. I'm simply deus ex machina, moving them around in their game world.

And I already have 4 accounts, paying a sub on each.
    Edited by TaSheen on May 6, 2024 2:48PM

Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello

Why? Because they are insanely long, boring and dumb ones to level. I already did in on the one character - why should I repeat the process at another? Does it fun or joy? Not!

I am well aware that leads are account wide and I can have specific character as Scrying excavator - I already have it! I didn't even want to relog, it's dumb!

Other possible account wide skill lines could be any World, Guild and Alliance war lines

Skill lines are account wide via the crown store.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    Hello

Oh yeah - there is that. I forget, because I'd never bother buying them....

Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello

oh really? Which ones?
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. We don't need more account wide progress. I don't want the progression of my main linked to my alts- I make alts for a reason. To actually play the game.

Levelling skill lines is a part of that. I don't want characters coming off of the creator fully fledged. I want to replay quests, and progress their skills myself, rather than have it completed for me.

The only way this would be okay is if it's optional. As in, I get to opt out and do it myself through actual gameplay.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's rude, don't be rude.

Saying no is fine, but it's not 'nonsense', that's just rude.

I personally would like to see more account-wide because it does get boring levelling the lines on alts, but at the same token I don't think it's particularly needed since it wont save much time on alts.

Levelling alt weapons and getting enough skill points is far more time consuming on alts than worrying about whether they need the mage line or not. And that's never going to go away.
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    You alts are not individuals - they are just pixels on your screen. They don't have mind or will - every time it is YOU.

Alt is just another way to taste THE SAME game. Since this game has no class change option (especially on the fly), so alt is like the same character - just another class or spec (i.e. mag or stam).

Nothing else.

This is the disconnect between perspectives; you're playing a game while they're playing a role-playing game. Same game which can be enjoyed in both ways and not take away from the other. They want to play characters as individuals with their own stories, you want to play them as extensions as yourself. Each viewpoint is valid and should be respected.

As for the OP and their suggestion, as has been stated already there are ways around this via the crown store.

ms8ubta3y14e.png
    cic0lxpr8daa.png
    vx5i0uq2nhnr.png

Given the "convenience" factor and the crown store costs attached, I highly doubt this is coming any time soon.
    Edited by EdjeSwift on May 6, 2024 3:15PM
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely disagree. How else am I going to spend crowns on unlocking skill lines? I get tremendous enjoyment at pressing a button and getting everything I want thanks to the money I have worked for and saved.
    Options
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perfect solution for me would be an opportunity to choose what you want to be account wide.

Or they could just make the skill lines available for free, instead of selling them for ridiculous amounts of money.

I really don't enjoy farming and grinding stuff like skyshards, skills, alliance rank, undaunted, thieves guild, psijic order, mages guild, fighters guild, vampire, excavation, all the crafting stuff, companions... And somehow i "have" to do it constantly or i can't play what i want.

But this will never happen, because I'm afraid selling this stuff on the crown store is one of their main sources of income.
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »
    As for the OP and their suggestion, as has been stated already there are ways around this via the crown store.

ms8ubta3y14e.png
    cic0lxpr8daa.png
    vx5i0uq2nhnr.png

Given the "convenience" factor and the crown store costs attached, I highly doubt this is coming any time soon.

Ahah, now I see why my suggestion would never happen and THIS is the ONLY reason for that - not that roleplaying nonsense :D

1st make boring progression then start selling skip to it. Makes sense, makes sense...

Wont buy it too tho - too expensive for such little income.
    Edited by SilverWF on May 6, 2024 3:28PM
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »

ms8ubta3y14e.png
    cic0lxpr8daa.png
    vx5i0uq2nhnr.png

Ahah, now I see why my suggestion would never happen and THIS is the ONLY reason for that - not that roleplaying nonsense :D

1st make boring progression then start selling skip to it. Makes sense, makes sense...

Wont buy it too tho - too expensive for such little income.

This was introduced because players complained about the grind for skill lines, don't blame zos for monetizing it. It's free with time commitment or crowns.
    Edited by wolfie1.0. on May 6, 2024 3:30PM
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. If some players don't want to play through the game with more than one character then they don't have to have more than one character. They can already buy some of the skill lines through the Crown Store anyway. No need to remove the progression process from those players who do actually want to play through the game with all their characters.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would also add that ESO is an MMO. Grind is part of every single MMO's nature. They need it to keep people playing. Should be aware of this before starting any of them.

Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello

I don't disagree but as an FYI it can be infinitely less painful for alts.

Scry on your main (who has it maxed) and excavate on alts. Alts will get both scry and excavation XP.

So don't grind it for alts. Just excavate leads you happen to get once you've maxed your main.

You only need to get excavation / scrying to level 2 on alts to comfortably be able to dig up purples, which can be achieved entirely by them or with pre-scried green or blue leads.
    Edited by Nerouyn on May 6, 2024 3:55PM
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also add that ESO is an MMO. Grind is part of every single MMO's nature. They need it to keep people playing. Should be aware of this before starting any of them.

Wrong

Where is no definition or law where GRIND is a part of any MMORPG. It isn't

Also grind is SUX and grind is not equal to playing.

Only very bad MMORPGS have grind as only possible gameplay, also they aint popular at all, for some 'strange' reason.
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Hello

I don't disagree but as an FYI it can be infinitely less painful for alts.

Scry on your main (who has it maxed) and excavate on alts. Alts will get both scry and excavation XP.

So don't grind it for alts. Just excavate leads you happen to get once you've maxed your main.

You only need to get excavation / scrying to level 2 on alts to comfortably be able to dig up purples, which can be achieved entirely by them or with pre-scried green or blue leads.

I know that - it doesn't change the fact that leveling of that specific skill line is dumb, long and boring
    Edited by SilverWF on May 6, 2024 5:43PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post