Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase- May 2024"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
6rp7jifshjv5.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Crown Store Showcase- May 2024"

"Check out these ancient artifacts, furry friends, and loads of furnishings that will transform your modest house into a palace, all arriving in the in-game Crown Store this May!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on May 30, 2024 5:42PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow a Watcher assistant awesome!

wow that is a lot of furnishing packs but only one house?
    What will the housing spotlight bring?

edited to addd: also Scruut is awesome
    Edited by LunaFlora on May 1, 2024 4:25PM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get the Shadowrend arms pack back? One I am looking forward to the most :\

Edited by Blackbird_V on May 1, 2024 4:15PM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not too much this month for me, sadly. At least the login rewards are great.

As for requests, I'd love to see the Sunken Trove and New Moon crates return. I’m almost done with crates that have moths, just need Sunken Trove. And as usual, I am requesting that hair dyeing is added in game!

- Moths -
    - Mustardseed Moth - Sunken Trove crates

Möth
    Edited by MafiaCat115 on May 1, 2024 4:35PM
    Still waiting for answers about class set aura behavior, and also hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad to see the Xanmeer crates returning as well as being a log in reward! :)
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damn, Cauldron will be the most overfarmed dungeon in history :D
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will probably have to pick up scruut as a houseguest lol

the watcher merchant seems cool, but its hard to justify the cost of additional merchants/bankers/decon assistants if its a purely cosmetic change between the assistants

would be nice to get some kind of discount on the assistants if you already own an assistant of that type, as your paying for the cosmetic not functionality at that point
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

the watcher merchant seems cool, but its hard to justify the cost of additional merchants/bankers/decon assistants if its a purely cosmetic change between the assistants

would be nice to get some kind of discount on the assistants if you already own an assistant of that type, as your paying for the cosmetic not functionality at that point

The same can be said for mounts. All mounts function EXACTLY the same, but players seem quite willing to spend a lot of money on apex/radiant apex mounts. Really, any mount beyond the ones you can buy from the stables in game are completely cosmetic and don't offer anything else in terms of functionality.

Not saying the assistants aren't expensive, but buying multiples of them is no different than buying multiples of mounts. Anything beyond the first one you get is purely for cosmetic reasons.

As for this month's showcase, it's pretty chock full of returning items. Other than the assistant, there may be one new houseguest and one new mount? Nothing that interests me or I don't already have. Strange for the month leading up to the new chapter. Would have expected more new items, but I guess that will be for June.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 1, 2024 5:21PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

The same can be said for mounts. All mounts function EXACTLY the same, but players seem quite willing to spend a lot of money on apex/radiant apex mounts. Really, any mount beyond the ones you can buy from the stables in game are completely cosmetic and don't offer anything else in terms of functionality.

Not saying the assistants aren't expensive, but buying multiples of them is no different than buying multiples of mounts. Anything beyond the first one you get is purely for cosmetic reasons.

As for this month's showcase, it's pretty chock full of returning items. Other than the assistant, there may be one new houseguest and one new mount? Nothing that interests me or I don't already have. Strange for the month leading up to the new chapter. Would have expected more new items, but I guess that will be for June.

most mounts do function the same yes, but not all of them.
    multi-rider and toy mounts are super different.

and all mount types use different skeletons and thus feel different when riding them.
    they even jump differently or way taller than others like cervines and camels

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wraithtide Crates, please 🥺
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    JUSTICE FOR APEX CAMELS 🐪✨ Bring 'em back!
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ 🏹 EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🛡️ EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (Tank)
    • 👁️ 🏹 EP - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 🛡️ EP - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamNecro (Tank)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes:
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

No one is suggesting that you shouldn’t have to pay to have additional assistant options, even as one has additional mounts, but mounts are usually 2k to 3k Crowns, not 5k. Paying half price for additional assistants of the same type would seem more reasonable and might encourage people to use different assistants with different characters, or upgrade if a new one comes out that they like better.

Regarding new and returning items, we are also getting a new house that might have been in the showcase if it wasn’t already in the log-in rewards. :) Returns are always the majority, but it’s good when there is a greater variety of them and we have some new items to choose from as well. Late 2019 and 2020 I recall there being a lot less of everything each month, but it could also be perspective, as I started playing ESO in 2019 and it seemed to take forever for a number of items I wanted to be available.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I miss it in the article? Because I see no mention of the 2 Free houseguests in the Crown Store. But I love it all the same.

Edited by DenverRalphy on May 2, 2024 4:14PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did I miss it in the article? Because I see no mention of the 2 Free houseguests in the Crown Store. But I love it all the same.

they are in this article
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65941

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious question.;

What's "Multicultural" about the Craglorn Multicultural Kitchen Pack?

It's solely Redguard items. Wouldn't that be "Monocultured"? :smiley:
    Edited by DenverRalphy on May 9, 2024 3:01PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s strange that the assistant previews don’t show sample lines like the houseguests do! Does anyone have a link to clips showing the new merchant’s lines? I haven’t been able to find one yet.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad to finally have several of the trap plants, although I had hoped that one would be a knockback — nothing like directing your houseguests! :lol:
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad to finally have several of the trap plants, although I had hoped that one would be a knockback — nothing like directing your houseguests! :lol:

sadly the Catapult Cabbage doesn't have a furnishing version, that plant has knockback

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.