Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Travel to Glenumbra - feeling noobish coming back to ESO

DrSkywalker
DrSkywalker
✭✭
Haven't played since 2016. Have a 52 sorc that is sitting and resting while I get used to the game again. Started a new character, and have to get to Glenumbra on a guild quest. Accidentally started in High Isle and have no idea how to get to Daggerfall now. Guidance appreciated.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a wayshrine near where you start, take it to daggerfall. The wayshrines in the starter cities of each alliance, as well as a wayshrine in each dlc, are unlocked by default.
    Options
  • DrSkywalker
    DrSkywalker
    ✭✭
    Thanks I will try again. I clicked on Glenumbra but nothing happened. Feel like such a n00b.
    Options
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    If you can't find a wayshrine, try using a cart. I have found recently that the starter wayshrines seem to missing from nearly all zones on a new character. So you have to set foot in a zone before a wayshrine appears. Using the carts in the towns is a way to get at least some new travel points on the map.
    Options
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preview the Rosy Lion Inn Room home from the collection menu, purchase it (3000 gold), walk out of the room.

You can also just port to the room if you already own it via the quest Room to Spare.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    You most likely found your way to Glenumbra by now, but since you started in a DLC/Chapter story/zone, there are normally Boatswains who will take you to the big capitals and from there another boatswain will take you to the Starter Zone(s).
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • DrSkywalker
    DrSkywalker
    ✭✭
    I found that if I activated the quest, it would lead me to the right boats to take to get there. Then I can access the way shrines. Too logical I guess. Thanks to all.
    Options
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't played since 2016. Have a 52 sorc that is sitting and resting while I get used to the game again. Started a new character, and have to get to Glenumbra on a guild quest. Accidentally started in High Isle and have no idea how to get to Daggerfall now. Guidance appreciated.
    1. Join a guild, if you haven't already.
    2. Use the Guild Roster to locate players in the zone you need.
    3. Right-click on the plyer ID in the roster and use 'travel to player.
    This will take you to the wayshrine closest to the player, move away from the wayshrine to 'discover' it. The main Zone wayshrine should now be available also.
    PC EU
    UTC+10:30

seasons will pass you by
    Options