The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How about storing surveys in the Craft bag?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Why not push surveys into the craft bag?
PC
PS4/PS5
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or you just do the surveys to get the materials in your bag?
    Options
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭

Isn't CraftBag only meant to be for material? Survey map is maps that will show you location of several nodes from the same type of material that you can farm. Turn those Survey into material from farming those nodes and you will have that material going directly into CraftBag.

If anything should be changed, then I wish to be able to put all maps (Treasure and Survey) into your personal Bank stacked. As for now you can not stack same type of maps and move them into Bank which can be annoying as you have brink up your Bank Assistant take out map to farm same node again.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RexyCat wrote: »

Isn't CraftBag only meant to be for material? Survey map is maps that will show you location of several nodes from the same type of material that you can farm. Turn those Survey into material from farming those nodes and you will have that material going directly into CraftBag.

If anything should be changed, then I wish to be able to put all maps (Treasure and Survey) into your personal Bank stacked. As for now you can not stack same type of maps and move them into Bank which can be annoying as you have brink up your Bank Assistant take out map to farm same node again.

The surveys are very related to materials.
    notyuu wrote: »

Because I want to play the game otherwise, including the never-ending quest for skyshards. I don't want to get mats in random locations every time I do daily crafting.

Though it never ceases to amaze me how some are so opposed to making things more enjoyable to play!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agreed, putting surveys into the craft bag makes no sense. Making them stackable, though, would be a great improvement to the game, as it would make inventory management a fair bit easier for crafters. That would definitely make the game more enjoyable to play.
    Edited by vsrs_au on April 28, 2024 9:36AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Agreed, putting surveys into the craft bag makes no sense. Making them stackable, though, would be a great improvement to the game, as it would make inventory management a fair bit easier for crafters. That would definitely make the game more enjoyable to play.

They are stackable. The problem is not getting the yield for the entire stack when harvesting a survey. The material of only a single survey is harvested and for each additional copy one has to either ride away and back or move to a different zone by other means (like an unowned home). Only then the materials from the next survey in the stack appear.

You might be thinking of treasure maps. They pretend to be unique and thus don't stack and you can only have a single copy in your inventory. That is also incredibly annoying, but you're bound to get more surveys than treasure maps, at least when you do some daily crafting.
    Options
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or there could be a separate bag for treasure and survey maps included in ESO plus.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
    Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or there could be a separate bag for treasure and survey maps included in ESO plus.

Good idea. They ask what could enhance Plus, and that would do it at least.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. I've got hundreds of the things. Having them be in the craft bag would have the bonus of making them both account wide and not take up bag space, so they'd be much more comfortable to actually do as and when you're in the area.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
    Options
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Add some furnishing to the game, and we'll call it a 'filing cabinet' where XP Scrolls, Maps, Surveys and even Lore books can be placed. Only for documents, nothing else.
    Today Victory is mine, Long Live the Empire. GG
    Options
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because too many 'loose' items generates clutter in the inventory... even if the thing itself isn't meant to. It just looks unorganized and takes up unnecessary space.

Also, some of us have real world stuff and it takes time to track down these maps and surveys so we don't always have time for that. Case in point, I usually just hand out my Maps for free for same reason. Its just not worth me taking resources away from other things to pursue. Obviously, surveys are more valuable but still.
    Today Victory is mine, Long Live the Empire. GG
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be really nice if they'd give us an account wide survey/map bag (And make treasure maps stackable) so that surveys and maps from all characters would automatically go in this part of the inventory, just like with mats.

Since we end up lugging this data around everywhere anyway in our main inventory, I don't see how it would make a difference to have it organized into a separate inventory for ESO+

It would be such a nice QOL feature, also because passing surveys through the bank to the main crafter can be a pain when you have a ton of alts.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be fine with surveys and treasure maps being stored in a new section in Collections.

However, this is unlikely to happen because the widely recognized main benefit of ESO+ is the craft bag because of inventory constraints.

This is fair enough as a B2P game that was originally a sub based game. They have to get revenue from somewhere, so I'm not complaining. At least they introduced Antiquities without an added inventory burden.

I guess sections in Collections for surveys and treasure maps could be added as benefit of ESO+.
    Edited by Desiato on April 28, 2024 5:14PM
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be really nice if they'd give us an account wide survey/map bag (And make treasure maps stackable) so that surveys and maps from all characters would automatically go in this part of the inventory, just like with mats.

Since we end up lugging this data around everywhere anyway in our main inventory, I don't see how it would make a difference to have it organized into a separate inventory for ESO+

It would be such a nice QOL feature, also because passing surveys through the bank to the main crafter can be a pain when you have a ton of alts.

As a crafter I would not want this system.

With my many alts I don't want to accidentally hit a node on a non-CP having/non-max crafting level character and lose a whole survey. Once you hit a node in the survey the spawn is done and you can clean it up or leave it behind. For the sheer amount of extra resources I get from passing the surveys to proper gatherers I'm happy to take the time to pass it through the bank.

I can see why others find this system trying and annoying, but for those who thrive using it, this suggestion isn't ideal.
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »

As a crafter I would not want this system.

With my many alts I don't want to accidentally hit a node on a non-CP having/non-max crafting level character and lose a whole survey. Once you hit a node in the survey the spawn is done and you can clean it up or leave it behind. For the sheer amount of extra resources I get from passing the surveys to proper gatherers I'm happy to take the time to pass it through the bank.

I can see why others find this system trying and annoying, but for those who thrive using it, this suggestion isn't ideal.

Easily solved by adding a toggle to "activate" seeing the surveys in the world on a per-character basis. Have the toggle located on the inventory page where surveys are stored, for ease of access, similar to the checkbox on the deconstruction assistant which hides banked items. Have it turned off by default, so that it can be checked to "on" on master crafters. On characters where it is off, the survey nodes don't appear.

Since survey nodes are already inactive if the survey is not in the characters inventory, but instead stored in another location, underlying code/behavior already exists in the game to make such a toggle possible.

I'm a crafter, and it isn't that I'm NOT thriving using this system as it is- I am. I'd just like a smoother, more user friendly experience that cuts out some time wasted shuffling inventory across many characters.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd probably just forget about them if they were in the craft bag.
    Options
  • TheMajority
    TheMajority
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a great idea, I see no down side at all. would alleviate a lot of the inventory struggle during events
    Time flies like an arrow- but fruit flies like a banana.
    Options
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm eso+ but still the inventory management is a continuous annoyance. I guess Zos is trying to force people to subscribe but if we have the subscription at least let us play.
    Options
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because I want to play the game otherwise, including the never-ending quest for skyshards. I don't want to get mats in random locations every time I do daily crafting.

Though it never ceases to amaze me how some are so opposed to making things more enjoyable to play!

Explain how turning Survey maps into Crafting material (without going to node and farm it) would make this a "more enjoyable to play" game? I for my part like to get those maps and farm those when I am in that zone of map.

There are add ons that can help to see where on main map you can find those and also add on that will show from Inventory where and how many you have of both Survey and Treasure maps. You only need to have Bank Assistant where you can store one more identical Survey or Treasure map and with mail a third identical Survey or Treasure where use RTS to keep in returning mail until you would want to use it.

You only need to move a bit from where found that node to reset it (in the old system you would have to move until you had a loading screen), so things have become much easier then before as farming those maps.

With CP gathering a node will only take one strike when farming each node, then the default non-CP two strikes, at least for Ore and Wood nodes.

If you don't enjoy to get those maps, then just set up a filter from any add on that have that feature to auto delete Survey and Treasure maps.

Options
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do em as you get em,then no more in inv,and continue playing game.Even if stored in craftbag or whatever,you still gonna eventually have to farm only surveys as they build up.Same with trasure maps,do em as you get em,no more storage issue.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least crafting surveys stack. I divide them up by zone and move them to my alts; each alt stores surveys for one or more specific zones. My original intention was to give all the surveys for a given zone to a character who was playing through that zone, but now it's just to keep the surveys from filling up my bank account.

Non-stackable treasure maps and runeboxes are a bigger pain, in my opinion.

PS-- And there's nothing wrong with players wanting to suggest ideas for QoL improvements in the game.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on April 28, 2024 8:29PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What would be enjoyable for you might not be for other players. Players can ignore the surveys, delete the surveys of do the surveys. Choice is theirs. I wouldn't mind if surveys went into the craft bag or something similar with the usual caveat. If it impacts server performance in any way (and server performance is what limits our inventory space) then it should be a no go. I'm fairly sure surveys didn't always stack so things are already better than when we started.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    joergino wrote: »
    vsrs_au wrote: »

They are stackable. The problem is not getting the yield for the entire stack when harvesting a survey. The material of only a single survey is harvested and for each additional copy one has to either ride away and back or move to a different zone by other means (like an unowned home). Only then the materials from the next survey in the stack appear.

You might be thinking of treasure maps. They pretend to be unique and thus don't stack and you can only have a single copy in your inventory. That is also incredibly annoying, but you're bound to get more surveys than treasure maps, at least when you do some daily crafting.
    Sorry, my mistake, yes I was thinking of treasure maps, not surveys.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • Mithgil
    Mithgil
    ✭✭✭
    This is a player-made issue that pops up "constantly".

Initially crafting surveys weren't stackable (as far as I know). Then ZOS made them stackable, by each particular node.

Some players have basically decided not to do the crafting surveys allowing them to stack up in their inventories/banks.

Because each survey node is kind of a mini-instance (don't shoot me if I have the mechanical concept wrong, it's the idea) if you have a stack of surveys for that particular node you need to travel far enough away to allow that node to respawn, thus making it a huge pain in the butt to do a stack of surveys for the same node.

It's a player-made self-inflicted problem. There are several threads that complain about this.

My suggestion would be perhaps you would have to "activate" the node by pressing R on the survey, thus generating the node to harvest. Why R? Because E activates a mini-map pop-up showing the player where the node is located.

I just tend to take the time to try and run the surveys every day so I don't end up with "way too many" to do. I don't do them every day, but several times a week (5 out of 7 days), and it doesn't take long as usually I'm dealing with a dozen surveys or less. It's rare that I'll have say a stack of 2 surveys for the same spot, let alone 3, so when that occurs it again isn't a huge issue. I have a good idea how far I have to ride away, or even just use instancing say to pop into IC and pop right back out on top of the same spot.

The players that have decided to let surveys pile up are essentially wanting ZOS to solve a problem the player has inflicted on themselves.
    PC NA Yes, I use add-ons.
    Options
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because then you would never do your surveys .......due to "infinite storage".

I have a 30 slot container and when that gets full...well it's off to do surveys.
    Edited by Juju_beans on April 28, 2024 10:47PM
    Options
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be great to have the surveys go into the crafting bag. By this, I only mean the "survey map" and not the actual materials. It is a bit of a punish having to log onto all my different characters to deposit the maps before going off to harvest them all. I generally wait until I've racked up a few hundred then spend one day a year harvesting them all. I have no quarms with having to do the actual harvesting but with the surveys dropping from other sources now than just crafting writs it's a bit annoying having them spread out over every character I play on.
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After removing some unnecessary back and forth from this thread, we would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive.

If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do them or delete them or something.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

What would be enjoyable for you might not be for other players. Players can ignore the surveys, delete the surveys of do the surveys. Choice is theirs. I wouldn't mind if surveys went into the craft bag or something similar with the usual caveat. If it impacts server performance in any way (and server performance is what limits our inventory space) then it should be a no go. I'm fairly sure surveys didn't always stack so things are already better than when we started.

So don't ask for the change. But how would me having it harm your play? I have yet to see that.

To the one saying they couldn't see the benefit I would ask "Really?" Gathering surveys is so tedious that I do let them pile up which makes them even more tedious! They pile up because I have plenty to do in the game without them, not because I am "lazy".

I have raised "lazy" kids and this is a far different issue! Gathering surveys is not a regular requirement and is thus can be a lower priority.

PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love it if they went to the craft bag. Because of the volume I have to split them currently between two alts, but having them available all the time for all the alts would have made picking them up so much easier. So many times I would end up in a spot where I knew a survey was on an alt that didn't have it on them, and cursed the missed opportunity.
    Options
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just give us another subscription called ESO++

That gives us a furniture bag and a paperbag (survey, treasure maps, master writs, exp scrolls and so on)
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
    Options