Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So about those treasure maps...

puddlemere
I got the treasure maps for purchasing the game early. I extracted them from the Mailbox... but I thought that we were supposed to be able to put them in our personal banks?? I tried doing this, but it wouldn't allow it. Keeps saying "not available" or something along those lines.

Can someone clarify?
Edited by puddlemere on April 2, 2014 10:35PM
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i saw someone saying you had to unpack the faction map packs into the 8 or so individual maps before you could bank them which would mean about 24 maps roughly in your bank... however i,m not sure this is even correct. It was too late for me cos i deleted the other faction map packs cos i thought they were useless as i couldnt bank them.. bit annoying either way, you either waste 24 bank slots on them or keep them in your bags ,, meh
  • derage88
    derage88
    I had to unbox them in order to put them somewhere else, I'm just a bit dissapointed they are now taking up half my frikkin' bank space :|
  • Karner
    Karner
    You have to unbox them and then put them in the bank. Unfortunately like @derage88 said; they take up space. You can quickly get rid of 1 or 2 of them by doing the beginning area ones. If you're that bothered for space you can always make an alt to get rid of the starter zone CE maps and bank the items you wanna keep.
    I must not lose my resolve. I will march forward even if I have to do so... Alone.
    -
  • puddlemere
    Okay cool! I didn't want to do anything till I was sure. Thanks guys!
  • Karner
    Karner
    puddlemere wrote: »
    Okay cool! I didn't want to do anything till I was sure. Thanks guys!

No problem :smiley:

I must not lose my resolve. I will march forward even if I have to do so... Alone.
    -
  • Fudgedd
    Fudgedd
    So glad i deleted my first character where 50% of my treasure maps was on :neutral_face:
    Fudgy like Fudge
  • Eurosonly
    Eurosonly
    Worked for me. You have to take it out of its container first then you can put it in the bank. So double click on it and then you can store it in the bank.
  • Tamianth
    Tamianth
    The four items you collected from your mail, are actually containers, not the actual maps - "use" them to open them, then put all those lovely maps into your bank :)
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    to save bank space just make a bank mule..put all the maps in the bank then have your mule take the ones you do not need in the immediate future and let them store them in their inventory till needed then just reverse the process. As an example as a member of the AD I will need to get to vet rank before I will be able to go to any DC or Ebon area thus I have all those maps stored on my mule along with the higher up AD areas for now
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • sador42
    sador42
    This has to be the most cumbersome way for players who paid MORE for the game to get these items to have to manage. Each new character should just get ALL the starting items and they should not be able to be traded, only deleted. Why was that so hard?
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can take the maps out of the packs one at a time and leave the rest.
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't have to take the maps out to store them in my bank. I will screen them later to show you guys. In my bank, still in the container.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mortelus wrote: »
    I didn't have to take the maps out to store them in my bank. I will screen them later to show you guys. In my bank, still in the container.

Was that changed in the latest downtime? I tried a few times over early access but never could.
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    Roll an alt (60 "free" item slots in his backpack ), skip the tutorial and put these stupid unused maps to this alt backpack via bank transfer! :)
    Edited by Bob on April 4, 2014 3:09AM
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    sador42 wrote: »
    This has to be the most cumbersome way for players who paid MORE for the game to get these items to have to manage. Each new character should just get ALL the starting items and they should not be able to be traded, only deleted. Why was that so hard?
    if they did that then people would make an alt take the maps get the items sell them and repeat the process till the economy was crap

Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    sador42 wrote: »
    if they did that then people would make an alt take the maps get the items sell them and repeat the process till the economy was crap

With this crappy green loot? I doubt it. ;)