Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Do you think Cyrodiil will ever be lag/delay free?

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    It is a combination of things OP mentions and those are all affecting "lag". Yeah, I have placed it in a "quotes" as this is not a regular type of lag you normally see in a video game, but rather server-side lag & delays.

Can't say if it is possible to fix it, but "Duct Tape & WD40" fixes won't do any more. I mean how much more ZOS can ninja-nerf population or something ? Not by a lot.

Scribing is gonna kinda destroy what is left out of already badly lagging PvP Experience. I mean, I am not being pessimistic, but rather realistic here.
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »

Also No CP, no proc campaigns (during MYM when they are populated) do not suffer from lag/delays.

Today on EU NoCP I had more that one instance of loading screens dropping on me in combat, bar swaps that show as being swapped but the skills did not change and just horrific lag. So no that's not particularly correct. However I do agree that sets need fixing and stacking needs addressing
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heal stacking and overlapping abilities causing too much stress on servers
    blktauna wrote: »
    Jsmalls wrote: »

Also No CP, no proc campaigns (during MYM when they are populated) do not suffer from lag/delays.

Today on EU NoCP I had more that one instance of loading screens dropping on me in combat, bar swaps that show as being swapped but the skills did not change and just horrific lag. So no that's not particularly correct. However I do agree that sets need fixing and stacking needs addressing

Any chance it's a hardware or connection issue? Obviously I'm only myself, but I have guild mates that agree, No CP No Proc Even when there are over 100+ players in/around one keep runs amazingly.
    Options
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, at this point it's gotta be the servers right? Every update they release only furthers the problems Cyrodiil faces day in and day out not to mention the existing bugs & problems they've still yet to fix. Stuck in combat bug, skills not working properly, players on current gen consoles still getting disconnects, frame rates skipping and dropping all over the place, it's just a mess. I feel like at this point they need to either scrap Cyrodiil altogether or just take the PvP servers down for a week or however long it takes for them to update them all
    Options
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    Stamicka wrote: »
    No, but because they don't care enough to take fixing the lag seriously.

Yep, if they wanted to fix the lag issues they would be fixed. And we'd have a reasonable population cap restored as well.
    Options