Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The Replica Staves sit too high up on our characters

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
When I am at the character select screen I can't see the top of any of the replica staves because they are cut off. These staves seem to sit too high up and also seem larger than most other staves in general. Here is a screenshot showing my Breton Templar with Sunna'rah.

3igglz2jbi0j.png
Edited by SilverBride on April 24, 2024 7:42PM
PCNA
  • TheBardAtTheInn
    TheBardAtTheInn
    ✭✭✭
    Noticed that while previewing them in the Outfit station. That, and the fact that they're all broken with Arcanist at least (Scholarship buff doesn't line up with the staff at all, and sticks out at an angle) is a big reason why I didn't bother farming them at all.
    Edited by TheBardAtTheInn on April 24, 2024 7:47PM
    TheBardAtTheInn | PC/NA | CP 2600+ | For King and Covenant!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to the outfit station and yes, it is the same there. Also if I change to a different staff they all seem to be set lower on the body.
    PCNA
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly little work went into modeling these limited time, super rare, style pages that players were losing their sanity and love for the game trying to get. Not surprising.
    But I did notice that when my friend sent me a picture of her character using the Ul'vor staff. Definitely looks like it sits way higher than it should and makes me happy that I didn't bother farming my life away trying to get it.
    image.png?ex=662a55ce&is=6629044e&hm=cc14bc01af88ec261eca0a90c8ada284a5e3fc1ea017ace4e9719c9b5d3b0d07&
    Edited by fizzylu on April 24, 2024 8:21PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how they all look but they do need to be adjusted lower on the body and maybe even sized a little smaller too, because they do seem thicker and larger than most other staves.
    PCNA
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizzylu wrote: »
    Clearly little work went into modeling these limited time, super rare, style pages that players were losing their sanity and love for the game trying to get. Not surprising.
    But I did notice that when my friend sent me a picture of her character using the Ul'vor staff. Definitely looks like it sits way higher than it should and makes me happy that I didn't bother farming my life away trying to get it.
    image.png?ex=662a55ce&is=6629044e&hm=cc14bc01af88ec261eca0a90c8ada284a5e3fc1ea017ace4e9719c9b5d3b0d07&

i wish staffs were actually this big tbh
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed that while previewing them in the Outfit station. That, and the fact that they're all broken with Arcanist at least (Scholarship buff doesn't line up with the staff at all, and sticks out at an angle) is a big reason why I didn't bother farming them at all.

Not just broken with Arcanist. If you cast any ability that applies a temporary effect to the staff shaft, it will project sideways. Try casting Wall of Elements and see what happens (although it's faint and does not last long).

@ZOS_Kevin

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2340+
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finishing and quality control of the event staves is a bit lacking. This thread highlights another major issue on Arcanists:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656299/staff-of-worm-inspired-scholarship-animation-bugged
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo many staves do this on my character that I don't use ones I typically may if they sat right.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As hard as I worked to get these staves I will use them, but it would be great if they were adjusted to fit the body better.
    PCNA
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xandreia_
    It'd be one thing if they were actually that big and not just rigged to sit too high. You can't really tell because of the angle, but the staff doesn't even get close to her characters knees just like in the picture SilverBride shared.
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeh ive seen it
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem to fit on my toons. But then I tend to go to the shortest height setting at character select. But even my High Elf toon that's tall and lanky (not pictured here) displays the whole staff. Granted my pic here shows Staff of Worms, as Sunna'rah is on the backbar on all of my staff wielding toons and only front bar is display regardless which equiped when you logoff.

AP1GczOlA0B5v_n0ODjvy02jKLudprCc2XVjm312mRxKRRR-kKOH_EV4HMgfBvOCnok92ibcIOz9xKlmf10xhe1CXp5UjFiLaZuKFALtiRh1ublumAAg39t7-OMu1d2KB8HVlAwCgj96ZgWfG-RWp-KPn11_vQ=w1718-h1798-s-no-gm?authuser=0?.jpg
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Breton isn't all that tall but that shouldn't matter anyway. All weapons should be made to fit the character wielding them.

It's hard to see exactly how high up this is because the top of the staff goes up so far it is completely cut off in the character selection screenshot I posted above.
    PCNA
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The broom from the Jester's event does the same thing, unfortunately.
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to add the Crown Store staff "Skull Of Corruption" has had this problem for years.
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's no different from the Nerien'eth Staff, which has always sat higher on the back than most other staves in game.
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next time, don't order your replicas from Wish. ;)
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    i wish staffs were actually this big tbh

Some are bigger, aren't they?

Like the Jephrine Paladin one.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this will be fixed since it happens with other several staves that are still wrong.

Like Nerien'eth staff that was released like 4 years ago and still looks way too high on our characters back and also way too high from the floor when our chars hold it straight.

Edited by Dragonnord on April 25, 2024 10:10PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of staves are too tall and I don't consider using them.

If when the character is holding it out, it is equal to the top of their head, it is too long

I like something shorter, like hollowjack

:#
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Thurvokun staff from the arms pack does this to my character
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The arcanist issue doesn't affect ul'vor.

It's what I use.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually prefer longer staves as I think they look more eloquent on my tall high elves, however I do agree that they sit too high on the characters back at the moment. It looks really strange, especially on my really tall elves.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As hard as we worked to get these styles they need to look good when equipped.
    Edited by SilverBride on April 25, 2024 3:20PM
    PCNA