The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Banned People need a for compensation a unique title

MrCray78
MrCray78
✭✭✭✭
I think "The Freedoomed" is cool,show me yours unique title 🐱🐱🐱
PC EU PvE CP1500(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78

Silver Diamand-Rouge(Main) : Stamblade 114K Dummy
Silver The Liberator : StamArcanist for HUGE DPSSSSSSS 121K Dummy
6 Other Class Character but didnt used them.
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want a title. I want all the daily account rewards (seals, log-in credits, tickets, jubilee confetti) that we've been made to miss out on for ZOS's mess-up. 200 seals that EVERYONE gets not only doesn't even come close to what I lost on the first day alone (I made over 300 between my log-in and the dailies, and for all we know with the new timeframe I might even lose out on the weekly itself that I completed too) but also still puts all of us behind everyone else anyway.

A title, frankly, would almost be as much of a slap in the face as the current "compensation" is.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want a title. I want all the daily account rewards (seals, log-in credits, tickets, jubilee confetti) that we've been made to miss out on for ZOS's mess-up. 200 seals that EVERYONE gets not only doesn't even come close to what I lost on the first day alone (I made over 300 between my log-in and the dailies, and for all we know with the new timeframe I might even lose out on the weekly itself that I completed too) but also still puts all of us behind everyone else anyway.

A title, frankly, would almost be as much of a slap in the face as the current "compensation" is.

exactly i WANT ALL MY TICKETS, ENDEVOURS AND DAILY REWARDS I AM MISSING ZOS. WE DESERVE THEM, THIS IS UNFAIR WE ARE BEING PUNISHED FOR YOUR MISTAKE
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said they are thinking about compensation specific to those affected. How about we take a deep breath, touch some grass, and let them come back to the table before we grab our pitchforks.
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said they are thinking about compensation specific to those affected. How about we take a deep breath, touch some grass, and let them come back to the table before we grab our pitchforks.

This is more a communication issue on ZOS's end. They are deliberately holding off on information on how they would compensate the locked-out players for their missed game time and rewards, and couple that with the news that the suspension period would last longer than advertised ("soonest at the end of the week" is at least 36 hours after the "3-day" deadline they mentioned in the emails that they've sent), it makes complete sense for players (who are understandably extremely frustrated at this point) to be angry at this.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    that thread title is wild.
  • MrCray78
    MrCray78
    ✭✭✭✭
    😂😂😂
    PC EU PvE CP1500(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78

Silver Diamand-Rouge(Main) : Stamblade 114K Dummy
    Silver The Liberator : StamArcanist for HUGE DPSSSSSSS 121K Dummy
    6 Other Class Character but didnt used them.
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or how about they come right out and say they're going to give us exactly what we all have missed out on. It's not that hard to say "We will be compensating endeavor seals, log-in credits, jubilee confetti, and event tickets missed out on once the accounts are unlocked, but we cannot give an exact count until we know the day the accounts are back up and getting them unlocked is our priority."

That exact statement, alone, would alleviate an overwhelming majority of people's concerns. Yes, yes, there are people salty about not being able to collect hundreds of purple boxes. We're missing those, unfortunately. Sucks, but whatever. There will be hundreds more to get another time. A majority of the concerns I've seen, though, besides the integrity of their account and mail (such as gold earned from traders and such) has been about these things.

Obligatory I don't blame the community managers, they're just the messengers, etc. etc. The actual game managers and higher-ups have got to get on this and stop with the nebulous messages. This is an absolutely shameful thing for ZOS.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, I will grab my pitchfork right now:

"Additionally, all PC NA players will be granted an extra 200 Seals of Endeavor."

WTF!? Why PC NA players and why 200? I'm on PC EU, yesterday I missed 170, today 100 and I'm still locked.

Oh, and they "discussing some additional in-game items we’d like to send to those that have their accounts locked" - I swear the god, if you even try to send my some useless XP scrolls and other trash items as 'compesation" I'm done with this game.

For such a big failure you should give us big pack of crowns and Endavours as "sorry for big problem", because this is what companies do, when they fail and when they don't want to loose customer. I'm waiting second day for any info and this is your response after all this time? 200 Seals for other server (so medium finger for me) and some "in-game items", but you still don't know which items?

Whole situation is just some kind of joke...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • RMW
    RMW
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm taking the title since as a banned EU player peasant I'm not even getting the 200 seals SADGE
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or how about they come right out and say they're going to give us exactly what we all have missed out on. It's not that hard to say "We will be compensating endeavor seals, log-in credits, jubilee confetti, and event tickets missed out on once the accounts are unlocked, but we cannot give an exact count until we know the day the accounts are back up and getting them unlocked is our priority."

That exact statement, alone, would alleviate an overwhelming majority of people's concerns. Yes, yes, there are people salty about not being able to collect hundreds of purple boxes. We're missing those, unfortunately. Sucks, but whatever. There will be hundreds more to get another time. A majority of the concerns I've seen, though, besides the integrity of their account and mail (such as gold earned from traders and such) has been about these things.

Obligatory I don't blame the community managers, they're just the messengers, etc. etc. The actual game managers and higher-ups have got to get on this and stop with the nebulous messages. This is an absolutely shameful thing for ZOS.

absoluely agreed, ZOS this isnt fair on us at all, we are doing free testing for your expansion and this is how you repay us? lock us out of our account and our rewards for a WEEK????
  • Sharrum
    Sharrum
    ✭✭✭
    RMW wrote: »
    I'm taking the title since as a banned EU player peasant I'm not even getting the 200 seals SADGE

Honestly? This stings the most.

Mind you, its 200 seals, its like a drop in the ocean. They mean absolutely nothing but it's like a slap on the face of EU players. LIke... this whole mess didnt even affect us but since they cant separate regions/accounts/whatever we get the lock hammer too, lose our game time, lose ESO Plus,etc but we dont deserve the same compensation.

Its wild man.
  • TKo_ROUSE
    TKo_ROUSE
    ✭✭✭

To be fair as a locked player I care way more about the purple boxes then the event ticket stuff. I like getting mats for ulti pots or gold upgrade mats cause i play all roles and have so much crafted gear.

Like some people care about the missing eso+ others might not even have it. It is going to be an impossible task for them to please everyone I have a feeling.

I am curious to see what we will all get in the end but i'm sure whatever it is I think most of us would have rather just not been in this situation.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's best - after only two days we already lost 270 Seals! And most of us will be unlocked at the end of the week, so there will hundreds more, because of thieves event! And they want give back only 200 just for NA?

Also not a single word about eso+? Are we loosing paid days right now?

I just don't accept being treated like this.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn’t worry on missing out - I’ve been doing domlens and geysers non stop for the past 3 days - not a single page drop
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't find it shameful, and here's why:

1. ZOS still needs time to parse out the logs of the people who went from PTS to live to determine the actual effects of the problem.
    2. Once they have identified the direct impact to players, they collaborate on a fair compensation package.
    3. They determine and review the plan and then communicate it.

Each of those steps involves multiple stakeholders, and require analysis and time for discussion. If they had a standard policy for what to do when this happens, I'd agree that the wait is not acceptable, but given that this situation is a black swan, it seems like they deserve our patience while they figure it out, since providing something inadequate too hastily runs the risk of offending and disenfranchising their most enthusiastic content creators and testers, which is pretty stressful, while over-providing could elicit a negative reaction from the remainder of the unaffected community.

It's Schrodinger's Rewards Box - we don't know if it's good or bad until we open it, so just accept that it's both or neither until further notice.

Edited by furiouslog on April 17, 2024 4:21PM
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TKo_ROUSE wrote: »

To be fair as a locked player I care way more about the purple boxes then the event ticket stuff. I like getting mats for ulti pots or gold upgrade mats cause i play all roles and have so much crafted gear.

Like some people care about the missing eso+ others might not even have it. It is going to be an impossible task for them to please everyone I have a feeling.

I am curious to see what we will all get in the end but i'm sure whatever it is I think most of us would have rather just not been in this situation.

Oh for sure, it sucks to lose out on the purples. I got hundreds a day before my account was locked, and that's a lot of mats and motifs. It's just that it's understandable that they can't reasonably calculate how many any give person would make overall. The gold boxes, log-in rewards, endeavor seals, and tickets can at least be easily calculated according to how many days were lost.

And yes, the lost ESO+ time is very much an issue too. It's safe to say that ZOS has handled this situation extremely poorly.
  • TKo_ROUSE
    TKo_ROUSE
    ✭✭✭
    TKo_ROUSE wrote: »

Oh for sure, it sucks to lose out on the purples. I got hundreds a day before my account was locked, and that's a lot of mats and motifs. It's just that it's understandable that they can't reasonably calculate how many any give person would make overall. The gold boxes, log-in rewards, endeavor seals, and tickets can at least be easily calculated according to how many days were lost.

And yes, the lost ESO+ time is very much an issue too. It's safe to say that ZOS has handled this situation extremely poorly.

I feel for purple boxes they could at least multiply our toons by 7 boxes per day we are locked out. Like most people are doing crafting writs. Those who aren't well who cares you get the benefit of the doubt. We still would miss crafting writ turn ins though. But ill stop coping.

But yeah I mean i'm guessing that's what we will get. But getting missed event tickets/endeavors/confetti and eso plus days would be absolute bare minimum and would probably leave most the player base still unhappy. So hoping for a little more then that for missed opportunity.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst I agree that this lockout was totally unfair & compensation is required, when many of us got lockout / ‘banned’ due to a mistake by Zos about endeavours a while back, those affected got nothing. Nada. Zip.

That stings a bit.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's best - after only two days we already lost 270 Seals! And most of us will be unlocked at the end of the week, so there will hundreds more, because of thieves event! And they want give back only 200 just for NA?

The 200 seals aren't for people who got locked out. They're for the PC-NA server being unavailable for 8 hours, which covered most of its primetime. Many of us unaffected by the lockout lost our opportunity to get the daily endeavors, including the 200-seal pickpocketing one. So yes, they go to the entirety of PC-NA and only PC-NA.

Additional compensation will be announced later for accounts that were locked out. Gina has made that exceedingly clear in the stickied thread.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, as long dev didn't tell any specifics I assume that's there is possibility that I won't get any Endavours or additional eso+ days for missing ones. That should be first thing to assure that we will get this basic things (especially eso+) but for some reason they don't do it.

When I lost 10 outfit slots with last update, I get stupid xp scrolls and outfit tokens (after month of waiting!) which maybe compensate gold cost but didn't compensate all the time for remaking all outfits. I installed PTS to bring back these (I was saved by fact there was EU copy on PTS), but same PTS I installed only for this reason(it was uninstalled and didn't planned to download it for chapter, but since it was already there...) bring to me another failure.

I'm loosing tons of gold, because with every day of event, value of all box goodies goes down. I lost possibility to play, Endavours, eso+ time, mats and gold from daily writs on 7 characters, fun from event and much more. And only thing I know for sure, is fact that these 2-3 days a total lie (I epxected this from beggining), I don't even know if they will make it with end of week and still not a word about basic compensations (I don;t expect full list, just basics like eso+ and endavours).

To compensate such a big failure they should bring big things like 10k+ crowns and other meaningfull gifts, but we all know it, that it will be like always - some game trash-items and minimal compensation of basic things if we lucky...
    Edited by Luke_Flamesword on April 17, 2024 5:10PM
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

The 200 seals aren't for people who got locked out. They're for the PC-NA server being unavailable for 8 hours, which covered most of its primetime. Many of us unaffected by the lockout lost our opportunity to get the daily endeavors, including the 200-seal pickpocketing one. So yes, they go to the entirety of PC-NA and only PC-NA.

Additional compensation will be announced later for accounts that were locked out. Gina has made that exceedingly clear in the stickied thread.

I think most of us are well aware. Thing is, if ZOS (NOT Gina, she's just the messenger here) continue to give out nebulous and half-baked assurances then I'm going to assume a nebulous and half-baked "compensation" until further information is confirmed. If ZOS want us to give them the benefit of the doubt, they need to give us a reason to first.

It's one thing if they're still discussing any further compensation beyond the expected daily account rewards and so they don't want to make any promises yet on that (and personally, I don't even care about anything extra at this point), but again it should not be hard to just come out and confirm "Yes, you guys are getting your seals, your log-ins, your tickets, and your confetti for the mount. We just need to get the accounts unlocked first to know how much to give out." Done. That alone would give us some assurance, some measure of what to expect.

It's the vague and nebulous messaging that's honestly causing more frustration than anything.
  • Galiferno
    Galiferno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for the 50% XP scrolls and torchbug pet as completely fair compensation
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think most of us are well aware. Thing is, if ZOS (NOT Gina, she's just the messenger here) continue to give out nebulous and half-baked assurances then I'm going to assume a nebulous and half-baked "compensation" until further information is confirmed. If ZOS want us to give them the benefit of the doubt, they need to give us a reason to first.

It's one thing if they're still discussing any further compensation beyond the expected daily account rewards and so they don't want to make any promises yet on that (and personally, I don't even care about anything extra at this point), but again it should not be hard to just come out and confirm "Yes, you guys are getting your seals, your log-ins, your tickets, and your confetti for the mount. We just need to get the accounts unlocked first to know how much to give out." Done. That alone would give us some assurance, some measure of what to expect.

It's the vague and nebulous messaging that's honestly causing more frustration than anything.

yes, for all we know they'll give us 4 xp scrolls, WE NEED THE THINGS WE ARE MISSING COS OF YOUR MISTAKE ZOS
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭

This-^

Also, I think a unique title would probably be impossible, but dang would it be funny. I am not locked out of my account but if I was, I would 100000% love a unique title for my troubles
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oof.

Idk if it's pointless to try in here, but one thing that's definitely being misunderstood:

The seals are for NA because the EU server was still up while NA was taken down.

That part is NOT about the locked players, who will be compensated separately.

I appreciate the updates and think they are worded well, considering everything.
  • onyxorb
    onyxorb
    ✭✭✭
    MoonPile wrote: »
    Oof.

Idk if it's pointless to try in here, but one thing that's definitely being misunderstood:

The seals are for NA because the EU server was still up while NA was taken down.

That part is NOT about the locked players, who will be compensated separately.

I appreciate the updates and think they are worded well, considering everything.

I play NA and EU during events. HOWEVER, a lot of EU only players have low level toons, or created templates chars, just so they could get on PTS to check out trials, scrying or the new homes.

All of them are locked out too.

So even though PTS was on PC/NA, they managed to muck this up bad enough to effect PC/NA AND PC/EU, sigh.

Ugh, I just really hope they honestly fix this and 'make this right' in a way that makes the players 'truly' happy, and not just their 'opinion' of what will make us happy.

I'll also send some coffee to the poor worker bees pulling all nighters on this too.
    Edited by onyxorb on April 17, 2024 5:53PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I’m glad you understand about the seals and what those are for, but there are clearly others who don’t. That’s why I replied specifically to one such post, to help clarify things for that poster and others who might be led to think the same.

I very much understand your frustration with the lack of specifics for those locked out.
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Not a PC player but I can imagine a title would be a slap in the face, and they only really care about the things they have lost and will lose out on. "Bringer of Pitchforks" might be more fitting
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭

Pitchforks? More like flamethrowers!

• Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will tentatively say that I think they will deliver on something nice for banned folks. I was doing writs on 18 characters. By the end of the week, that's over 600 jubilee boxes I will have missed, and 15 tickets (and 5 more confetti for pretty horse). Not including 5 days of missed eso plus I just paid for. I know they're probably upset that this many folks were affected, and I'm faaiiirly certain that whatever they plan on offering, it's definitely more than just a game code.
    Edited by Seminolegirl1992 on April 18, 2024 2:09AM
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer