The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I'm always underleveled

Pallongo
Pallongo
I do as many quests as I can but no matter why every quest I've been doing is for 2-4 levels above me. I explore, do dungeons but still can't be the level quest requires. I used to solve this problem killing 20 players in cyrodiil but now that's nerfed and every quest I have is too hard for me. I don't want to create another character, are there any solutions for this problem?
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave no survivors in areas around you; if you really are killing everything, exploring, etc., then you should not be under-leveled. Remember to invest in crafting of various sorts to gain xp as well.

I've always been over-leveled for the most part in ESO (and any MOMO I've played honestly).
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on April 2, 2014 8:45PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We might be able to help you with a bit more information. Can you tell us what level you are, what skills you use, what you've unlocked, etc? The more you tell us, the better we will be able to help.
    The Psijic Order
  • Pallongo
    Pallongo
    Im level 17 and have level 20 only quests
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pallongo wrote: »
    Im level 17 and have level 20 only quests

Check your achievements. Specifically the quests section? How many have you completed in the zone you are in or last zone?
  • Bweefk
    Bweefk
    ✭✭
    look at the map of the zones you have visited. if every map marker isn't white then that means you missed something. exploring isn't an option in this game like they say. if you don't find every quest in a zone you will be under leveled in the next one.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, it sounds like you may have accidentally skipped parts of a zone.
  • JohnG
    JohnG
    ✭✭✭
    Try using this guide to hunt down every single quest in every single area, that's about the only way to keep up with leveling.

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/quests/

They really should increase the amount of XP earned from the quests, shouldn't have to hunt down every single little thing to do just to keep up with the levels of the quests your getting.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you left quite alot quests behind you, or skipped starting island maybe. As for second option, its too late to fix that, but quests starts often from drops, findings, roaming NPCs etc etc. No quest hubs like in other games. Im still in Glenumbra(Daggerfall first map), lvl 17, and i have about 10-15 quests to do still...
    Best will be going back to previous map, and try to find some missing quests/public dungeons.

Edit:this map may help you finding all places, dungeons, POI etc etc, they often offer a quest(s) too:
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/map/
    Edited by Mortuum on April 2, 2014 9:59PM
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am 100% sincere when I say this, that you have missed areas in zones. The best way to make sure you get all quests is to go for 100% area completion seeing that any tower/cave or dungeon could be a quest or the beginning of a quest chain.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always at least 3 levels above my quest, I hear it gets even worse in later areas - I think most people have the opposite problem.

If you're underleveled for an area, it means you have missed some lower level quests. Have a look and you should find some.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter