The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Unexpected Internal Error : when is this gonna get fixed ?

akasha167
akasha167
✭✭
Hi,

It first appeared to with the last update before Necrom, it leaves no trace in the logs, it seems to be a server error, it happens to many people, and it has never been fixed since.
It occurs randomly, but often at worst times (dungeons or trials). I have to wait for 5 minutes until the server finally understands that I'm disconnected. It also means that 3, or 11 other people have to wait for me, or eventually kick me.

What is the cause ?
Will this be ever be fixed ?

Thanks.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 10, 2024 4:48PM
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    Any clue ?

Just got kicked from the game during a cutscene in Murkmire, for no reason.
    Yesterday same thing, kicked after opening a door to a lair.

And everytime, I have to wait 5 minutes, otherwise the game pops up another unexpected internal error, or a 307 error (kicked).

Please fix this.
    Options
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    Again.

Happens every day, multiple times a day.

I there any answer a dev could give about that ?
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    Yes, I've already done all that.
    Options
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    @akasha167

Understood. In that case, please open a ticket with our support team so that they can take a closer look at the issue for you.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    I will put that here, so other can follow :
    As I understand, you're getting stuck with the error code 307, we would be happy to assist you on this issue.

Could you please try the following step provided below.

This error indicates that you have been disconnected from the megaserver.
    • Check the Service Alerts page to see if ESO is experiencing an outage or going through maintenance.
      • If ESO is experiencing and outage or undergoing maintenance, you will have to wait until the servers are restored to log in.
    • If you attempt to log back in right away, you will receive an Error 304. We recommend waiting for a period of 15-20 minutes before attempting to log in again.
      • The reason to wait the 15-20 minutes is that the server needs that time to "catch up" to your data. If you log back in before the server has updated your account appropriately, the server will think you are still online and your character will be booted again.
    This does not solve the initial problem, which is being forced logged out, with the message "unexpected internal error".
    Options
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Countless threads over the years and ZoS still copy paste us solutions that never work

Clearly its zenimax issue at their end .
    Options
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    Next episode :
    I understand that you are contacting us due to an error message that disconnects you in The Elder Scrolls Online.
    In order to best help assist you, we will need to gather an additional file from your PC, your MSInfo. Please note that MSInfo is only a diagnostic tool that collects technical information on computers. It is usually needed by technical support agents to isolate specific issues. Here are the necessary steps to create an MSInfo:

How to run MSinfo32 on Windows 7, 8, and 10:
    • Press Windows Key + R
    • Type msinfo32 in the Search box, and click OK
    • While viewing the System Summary node, go to File and select Export
    • Save the MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.txt on the desktop for easy access
    Now that the report has been generated, it can be attached to help requests as needed. Please note that the file is very large, so it should not be copy/pasted into the contents of an e-mail.

Once we have this information, we'll review further and get back to you as soon as we are able.
    Is that simply not possible for the developpers to check on the servers logs what happened with my account when these unexpected internal error happened, instead of testing my computer ?

Like I said, same thing happens for many, many players. Same symptoms, same issues.

Oh, and by the way, this msinfo32.txt, it contains a ton of sensitive informations that anybody I don't trust could use.
    Edited by akasha167 on April 11, 2024 11:16AM
    Options
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting forever errors after maintenance
    Which is common every maintenance

I have made threads about it and it goes ignored due to the copy paste of them asking me to troubleshoot . When it's not at my end . It's a zenimax problem
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @akasha167

If you need any updates on your current ticket, you can post the ticket number in this thread for us to check on.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening with increased frequency since the last major update. Along with stutter lag and screen freezing.
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • snailbrick
    snailbrick
    ✭✭
    This message is still happening to me every single day I try to log in. It only started happening after the last update. I end up spending anywhere from around 5 to 30 minutes just to log in. I've tried all of those steps as well and it doesn't do anything to solve it. I do believe its something with the log in servers. I'm using the Steam version.
    Options
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    Hi there, next episode of my ticket 240410-004263 :

This is my answer :
    Hi,

I understand you need more informations to investigate.

As this file contains a significant amount of sensitive informations, Can you tell me what part of this file the technical support needs to investigate ?
    Can you also check up on the server the reasons of unlegitimate disconnections ?
    Can you also tell me what game log file I can check up on my computer ?

Best regards.

This is the support answer :
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

The MSInfo file give us valuable information required in order to further investigate your issue. We will not be able to continue with assistance if we do not gather your MSInfo file.

... <explanations on how to extract a msinfo32.txt file>

So I answered again :
    Hi,

I understand you need those informations to investigate.

As this file contains a significant amount of sensitive informations, Could you tell me what part of this file the technical support needs to investigate, so I can remove the sensitive informations from that file before I send it ?

Best regards.

I have a feeling that the support wil not "be able to continue".

And by the way, I've just been disconnected after inactivity period (writing this message), and now the game is throwing me the "unexpected internal error" when I want to reconnect.

It IS a server issue.
    Options
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    I've just been disconnected again, for no reason.

Is there no investigation on server side that the technical support can do ?
    Options
  • stybbe17b16_ESO
    stybbe17b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ye keep happening to me as well since last patch. Kicked multiple times per day with "unexpected internal error". Have to wait 5-10min before the error disappear and I can login again.
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a moderator, but I've opened a lot of tickets.

The server technicians, IT, community management, and customer support are each different departments. They have to send messages internally to each other. Next, the correct department receives the ticket and then they will start working on resolving the issue. This process can take up to several days. Once the issue has been resolved, customer support will respond to the ticket.
    Options
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    This issue exists since months in 2023, it didn't exist in 2022.

It is a matter of fact that it is a server issue, yet support keeps asking for msinfo32.txt files, in which they will find nothing but sensitive information on my computer :
    • name of my computer
    • my computer account name
    • NIC controllers and their IP
    • programs I installed
    • programs running
    • the files I've opened
    • the whole journalized events on my computer
    • and many, many other things that will not help to find what the issue is
    I understand if the Microsoft Windows support team asked me to access this file, if my computer had problems at a OS level. But this support here is not related to Microsoft Windows, and my computer doesn't have any issue. A game I've installed has an issue, and it's server related. If I worked at Microsoft Windows support, I would highly recommend to refuse to share this file to anyone else but Microsoft Windows support.

As the game generates a dump when a crash occurs, and it logs on files, I'm very surprised they don't ask for those files.

It's easier to assume it's the customers fault, to read only a part of the ticket : "As I understand, you're getting stuck with the error code 307", no, you only understood half of it, the error 307 appears sometimes after this problem occurs.
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like the disconnection issues are happening within grouped content in the game. If it's not the computer causing it, then the error 307 "booted from server" is more so based on internet connection issues.

There are many ways to diagnose and fix this issue which are:
    • Try disabling or uninstalling addons(lots of times faulty addons will cause connection issues)
    • Change the NAT type to improve internet connection (moderate/open NAT is recommended for running online games)
    • Rebooting both router and computer
    • Close out any apps running in the background (those could be using high amounts of bandwidth)
    • Make sure internet upload and download speed are atleast 30MBPS
    • Use a different launcher (sometimes launching it from steam or another 3rd party app may cause disconnections) try using the official eso one instead.
    Edited by wilykcat on April 14, 2024 12:49PM
    Options
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    Thank you but :
    • the support already gave me that first answer
    • this is already in the FAQ
    • I've already done that
    • it is not only happening within grouped content ingame, I often get the error, alone, while doing nothing, or doing simple things like opening a door.
    Options
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    Got a Lost lobby connection error, followed by the Unexpected internal error, during the teleportation to a house.

Again, waiting 5 - 10 minutes with the "unexpected internal error", or 307 error.
    Options
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    Edited by akasha167 on April 16, 2024 12:29PM
    Options
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    This particular thread is something ZoS will never fix . Has been around for as long as I can remember

They like to blame the player and not realise its a server side issue

The part that makes me laugh is the errors say it's an internet connection problem .

Meanwhile any other game in the world is connected just fine

And speedtest 100% proves it
    Edited by WySoSirius on April 16, 2024 12:32PM
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akasha167 wrote: »
    Yesterday when the N/A PC server was having issues and then the server went down. When the server went down, players got disconnected, no one could log in, and or were stuck in login queue. This affected everyone whose on the server.

With this being a separate issue here, which is only affecting some players, it's not looking like a server based issue.

I would also recommend.. try checking the drivers (see if they are compatible for running eso) to make sure they are up to date. To be more specific, the Network Adapter Driver.
    Edited by wilykcat on April 16, 2024 2:39PM
    Options
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    akasha167 wrote: »
    Yesterday when the N/A PC server was having issues and then the server went down. When the server went down, players got disconnected, no one could log in, and or were stuck in login queue. This affected everyone whose on the server.

With this being a separate issue here, which is only affecting some players, it's not looking like a server based issue.

I would also recommend.. try checking the drivers (see if they are compatible for running eso) to make sure they are up to date. To be more specific, the Network Adapter Driver.
    I know you're trying to help, but these are still not the issue.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @akasha167

Please check your forum inbox for further details regarding your open ticket.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    Hi bill, thank you for your message regarding my ticket.

The support team is still wrong with my issue, which is NOT a 307 error.

In order to help to analyse the issue I - and many people - have, I've asked the support a couple of questions they are still ignoring.
    • what happened in server logs when my account is disconnected (and when I don't click intentionally to the "disconnect" or "quit game" menu option)
    • how to activate verbose logs on my game, so I can send them a useful source of informations
    The support team is still focused on msinfo32 file, and what they will find in it are 99.99% informations about me, and 0.01% informations about the game. One simple reason is : the game doesn't crash.

Edited by akasha167 on April 17, 2024 4:27PM
    Options
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    And here is the customer support answer :
    Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.
    Customer Support does not have that information that you are requesting. As it stands, if you are unwilling to provide the requested MSInfo file, we will not be able to assist you in this matter. As stated many times, we only request this file in order to troubleshoot the issue being experienced.

If you are not wanting to provide this file, we will not be proceeding further with this matter.

If there is anything else that we can assist you with, please feel free to contact us back. Have a great day!
    For information, my ticket went through 5 different people :
    • I had to remind to all of them what the issue is (not a 307 error)
    • The support is not able to check logs in server
    • The support is not able to tell me how to activate verbose logs on the game
    • They follow a script which says "ask for msinfo32 file, and do not investigate further until you have this file"
    I'm sorry to ask, but as they can't check the basic materials to troubleshoot an issue (game logs, server logs), is the support really suited for that task ?
    Who is the person, or what team could really help with this issue ?
    Options
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    And again, game kicked me in a middle of a boss fight, with no apparent reason : Unexpected internal error.

And again, I and 11 other people have to wait for 5 minutes minimum until I can relog.
    Options
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    Been kicked entering a lair in Esweyr : Unexpected internal error.
    Options