The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Possible to upgrade to CE upon buying Normal edition?

guildwarsguy123b14_ESO
Subject. I just need to know if this is possible, I know a lot of other places do it but I didn't want to assume.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure they said that was something they were allowing. Can you do it on their site?
  • Cave_Canem
    Cave_Canem
    ✭✭✭
    You may want to read up on the benefits in these forums, there is significant dis-satisfaction with the CE. The horse and the ability to play imperial and in any faction are per character, but the rings, maps, pets are once per account/ per server, ie. you get one pet on the NA megaserver to share about all your characters, one set of rings of mara that is account wide that bonds to one other account, not a set for every character you create. <shrugs> Personally, I still find value in it, but 'caveat emptor', let the buyer beware!
  • guildwarsguy123b14_ESO
    So the horse is only given to one character and you can only have one imperial? :\

Or that's just the case with the rings/maps/pets? Just for clarification.

Edit: I generally only play one character, sometimes 2 so it's not too big of a deal. I suppose the mount would be though.
    Edited by guildwarsguy123b14_ESO on April 2, 2014 9:06PM
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Imperial Edition and I have two characters at present.
    When I started my second character I went straight to the stables and bought the horse for 1 Gold again.
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I am very satisfied with it, it means my first character has a lot more meaning to it.
    Also from BETA testing, pre-ordering and CE I have a grand total of 4 vanity pets starting out!

The horse really is not a big deal, I prefer to walk.
  • Brascus
    Brascus
    So the horse is only given to one character and you can only have one imperial? :\

Or that's just the case with the rings/maps/pets? Just for clarification.

Edit: I generally only play one character, sometimes 2 so it's not too big of a deal. I suppose the mount would be though.
    You can have horses for all your characters, and you could create all eight character slots with Imperials if you want, but they have a finite number or rings, maps, and pets between them.

• Sanspoof
    Sanspoof
    ✭✭✭
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/
    Can I upgrade to the Imperial Edition after 4.4.14? Yes, players can upgrade a Standard Edition of The Elder Scrolls Online to a digital Imperial Edition in the ESO Store starting on 4.4.14.
  • guildwarsguy123b14_ESO
    Sanspoof wrote: »
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/
    Can I upgrade to the Imperial Edition after 4.4.14? Yes, players can upgrade a Standard Edition of The Elder Scrolls Online to a digital Imperial Edition in the ESO Store starting on 4.4.14.

Sweet. Thank you!