The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Stuck at Requesting Character load

• ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    A ticket has been created for you,@LDRBigCats.

Our support team will investigate this issue to help you fix it. They will contact you directly via email.

Thank you for your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • XaricAduna
    XaricAduna
    Soul Shriven
    Getting a freeze on load screen after character selection

I have done the following

Ensured my Anti virus/Firewall allow all processes from ESO
    Installed on my SSD instead of my HDD for faster memory access
    Fresh-reinstall
    Turned all graphics down to minimum even though I usually run at max settings with 0 fps loss

I've submitted several tickets only one was answered and it was with a suggestion which did nothing
    Options
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hello @XaricAduna ! Can we please have the ticket number from your support ticket? We can look further into this to provide some further troubleshooting tips to you if possible. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Noreno
    Noreno
    Soul Shriven
    I have this problem for nine months! infinite requesting character load.
    -Adds the game in firewall exceptions.
    -To disable the firewall completely.
    -Adds a game of exceptions antivirus.
    -Disable Anti-Virus ...
    ... And nothing! Sometimes I can not get into the game for a few days. Very rarely go to the game after the restart of computer. I think that for such a long time it was possible to correct this error, given that every day more and more people are complaining about this error.
    Internet speed 20 mbps - this is enough for all online games. Then what is the problem, I can not understand.
    Helping people to play safely. Thank you!
    -From Russia With Love-
    Options
  • Miff
    Miff
    Soul Shriven
    Viron wrote: »
    Miff wrote: »
    I have actually talked a whole lot to one of their upper level tech support reps after having the same problem. Solved by buying a fixed IP from my ISP. The game wasn't ever responsible for it, the problem was my ISP was changing my dynamic IP even within one session.

Thank you! You really helped me!!! Fixed IP had solved the problem.

Glad i could help! Please spread it - the game is great, and some people are going to hate it just because of this little peculiarity. We do indeed need mpre ppl for raids )
    Options
  • Miff
    Miff
    Soul Shriven
    Pavlushka wrote: »
    I have this problem for nine months! infinite requesting character load.
    -Adds the game in firewall exceptions.
    -To disable the firewall completely.
    -Adds a game of exceptions antivirus.
    -Disable Anti-Virus ...
    ... And nothing! Sometimes I can not get into the game for a few days. Very rarely go to the game after the restart of computer. I think that for such a long time it was possible to correct this error, given that every day more and more people are complaining about this error.
    Internet speed 20 mbps - this is enough for all online games. Then what is the problem, I can not understand.
    Helping people to play safely. Thank you!

Дружище, внешний айпишник от провайдера решит эту твою проблему. Я трепался с их техподдержкой недельку, докопались вот до этого. Игра не виновата, вот с динамическим айпи она не дружит, значит надо фиксированный. Плюс сто рублей. И престо ))
    Options
  • Noreno
    Noreno
    Soul Shriven
    Miff wrote: »
    Дружище, внешний айпишник от провайдера решит эту твою проблему. Я трепался с их техподдержкой недельку, докопались вот до этого. Игра не виновата, вот с динамическим айпи она не дружит, значит надо фиксированный. Плюс сто рублей. И престо ))

Я так рад увидеть здесь родные русские буквы :smiley: Да вот дело в том, что айпи у меня фиксированный. Может что-нибудь еще посоветуешь?
    Edited by Noreno on April 3, 2015 5:35AM
    -From Russia With Love-
    Options
  • Furian
    Furian
    ✭✭✭
    I am also having this problem, and it isn't the firewall. If i switch my settings from Ultra-High to Medium, i cannot get to the character selection character screen. if i switch it back to Utlra-High, I can.

Maybe it needs a repair (missing files associated with medium?) but i can recreate the issue at will by switching back and forth.
    Options
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue since yesterday. Can log in. Select character... aaaand just sites there spinning.
    Restart, repair etc etc... no change...
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
    Options
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Since the last patch on Tuesday I logged in for maybe 2 or 3 minutes, got kicked off and no I always hang at requesting character load screen. I can select a character but then it just hangs on the screen.

I do play from China but my ping is usually 230-280 and pretty stable.

I have turned off my firewall, antivirus, rebooted router, used port triggering, renamed file in the launcher folder, repaired launcher.

Don't know what else to do to be honest. Any ideas?
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
    Options
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    Try deleting the ZO_ingame.lua file and restarting. I have seen this help with the infinite loading screens for some people - it will rebuild the file

Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables
    Options
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Tashira wrote: »
    Try deleting the ZO_ingame.lua file and restarting. I have seen this help with the infinite loading screens for some people - it will rebuild the file

Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables

I have tried that as well, but thank you :) I am currently downloading the EU client and I will test that later, the connection is a lot worse from here to Europe, than from here to the states.

Thing is my ping to Dallas according to speedtest is 233 and I get download speeds of 2-4mb and upload speeds of 3-5mb. So unless my ISP suddenly decided to change the routing or whatever I cannot figure out what's happened.

Literately, Patch 2.9 finished downloading, (before this was playing fine on a stable 230-280ms), I go to log in the game, everything is fine, I went to go into the first Deeshan public dungeon and it times out, (as it occasionally does when I am transition from location to location), I tired to log back in and nothing, just hangs on the screen after selecting a character.

So I deleted one of my characters and made a new one, after doing this it let me log in and I was setting up my keybindings in the wailing prison and again lost connection and since then I have been able to log in on any characters.

This all happened the first time I tried playing after patch 2.9 was installed, I have only just returned (3 weeks almost) to the game after playing for the first few months.

It's annoying because I was hoping to buy some sub time to get the new limited time only mount, but not going to if I cannot connect to the game.
    Options
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Well to update, I did a complete reinstall and guess what, it started working. Played for around 10 mins decided to try to go back into the forgotten crypts (where the issue first happened), and connection times out, I get error message <<1 again.

Haven't tried login back in yet, but when I do I will update.

So it's not my ISP, it's not anything to do with my rig or files being corrupt, and if they are it's ZOS fault. Same place same problem, and just before that everything was fine, 230-250ms latency.

I hope when I attempt to log back in it works and I don't need to download 40gb yet again.

Again this problem only started after patch 2.9
    Options
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    To add I also get error 108 sometimes, and that isn't even listed on their official error code check list...
    Options
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Well issue is back again, makes no sense to me,. Playing fine both times, go to go enter Forgotten Crypts in Deeshan and get DC'd with error <<1, then I cannot log in again, after selecting character the screen just hangs at requesting character load.

What's really funny is I disconnected my router while it was on this screen and it still acted as if it was trying to connect to the game... I HA NO INTERNET CONNECTION lol.

So seriously this is nothing to do with my ISP or MY COMP, this is something to do with the a problem of being DC"d whilst trying to enter forgotten crypts and then messing up a game file or something.

Only thing that has worked to fix the issue so far is a complete reinstall.

I have also submitted a ticket with this problem, hope to hear back from ZOS soon, wanna get that black panther mount... Typical luck I have lol.
    Options
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    Mortelus wrote: »
    To add I also get error 108 sometimes, and that isn't even listed on their official error code check list...

Where did you find an error code checklist? Can you link it please? I couldn't find it .
    Options
  • BDB_Inc
    BDB_Inc
    Did anyone in this thread ever get this resolved? If so, could you please post a few details of what worked for you. Some of us are having the same problem after the patch on 2/8/2016 and could use some help.

Thanks.
    Options
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Very same problem was on my side too. Long "Logging In. Requesting character load..." message and then drops back to login screen with no error code. I tried reboot my router as my friends said. It's work! Probably something wrong with on of my IPs (IP addresses, they are dynamic).
    Options
  • BDB_Inc
    BDB_Inc
    Multiple reboots and power cycles of the router have done nothing to resolve this issue for me.
    Options
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes help WTFast program, i tried the mobile internet, as proof that the game is not broken in my pc. This problem is still on ZOS side.
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
    Options
  • BDB_Inc
    BDB_Inc
    They did server maintenance today, so maybe it'll work now. I'm a Linux user and had to do a little more, but I was able to get in and play a little today.
    Options
  • xenorath
    xenorath
    Soul Shriven
    I have been having the same issue for a few weeks.
    What's weird is that it's only affecting my main character, my mule can login just fine.

If i restart my router, i can login but once the game goes into a loading screen, i got thrown back into the login screen again.

Tried reinstalling the game, disabling all add-ons, deleting userpref.ini, etc
    My spec is more than enough (usually play with max settings at 60fps) and I have a 100mbps connection.
    Problem happened sometime after a patch on February 8th, 2016.

Any idea?

Support is VERY unresponsive.
    Options
  • Moomins
    Moomins
    ✭✭✭
    its not an isp problem. My husband logs in on his pc, and plays just fine using the same connection I do. If I try to log in via his computer, i get loading screen, and then booted back to login after choosing any character to play. its not an issue with my computer, or his, he can log in just fine on his pc but I cant on either his or mine. Its is most definatley a problem on ZOS's end, but they keep insisting its something to do with my isp. I have clearly demonstrated that this isnt the case, but hey!
    Edited by Moomins on February 26, 2016 1:33PM
    "Dragons? Oh, they're everywhere! You must fly very high to see most of them, though. The ones nearer the ground are very hard to see, being invisible."
    M'aiq the Liar
    Options
  • BDB_Inc
    BDB_Inc
    Moomins,

You've removed a lot of the variables by having one computer that one account can use to play normally and another cannot even log in with. I can't see how they can claim it's not on their end now.
    Options
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Moomins @xenorath @Alexium @Mortelus anyone got this issue resolved guys?
    Options
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »
    Me? Yes. I changed IP to "white" and fixed. It was something wrong with one of my Internet provider IPs. Probably its blacklisted by one of servers on the route from me to game servers.
    Edited by Alexium on June 23, 2017 2:47PM
    Options
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alexium wrote: »
    Kneighbors wrote: »
    Me? Yes. I changed IP to "white" and fixed. It was something wrong with one of my Internet provider IPs. Probably its blacklisted by one of servers on the route from me to game servers.

Thanks. I couldn't find any solution besides going behind VPN
    Options
  • phoena14ub17_ESO
    phoena14ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Having this problem now...

Noticed this thread started in 2014 and its 4 years later with this same issue reoccurring. I have bone through about 5 help tickets on this and nothing has changed other than all my addons being deleted as that was the "cause" of the problem. The last piece of help I was given was to change to an AMD graphics card (which is not part of my computer) and find out what video card Skyrim likes to run on. I feel like I am being trolled by support right now with some Todd Howard Meme...
    Options