The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO Crashes Computer - U41

Grimm1651
Grimm1651
Soul Shriven
ESO crashes my entire system a few seconds after launch, while on the ZeniMax logo. No error code because it's a system crash, not just ESO. It does not give bluescreen. No other program or game is doing this. JUST ESO.

This started with U41. Initially, I was able to fix it with a repair install, but it came back with the maintenance on 8 April, and neither a repair install, nor a full uninstall and reinstall is fixing it this time.

I'm running Windows 11 with CPU, GPU, and RAM well above recommended specs. All addons were removed for troubleshooting.
  • ZOS_Kraken
    @Grimm1651 We do have some troubleshooting steps for crashing HERE. If this does not resolve your issue, please make a ticket with Support for further assistance.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Howda
    Howda
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kraken wrote: »
    @Grimm1651 We do have some troubleshooting steps for crashing HERE. If this does not resolve your issue, please make a ticket with Support for further assistance.

I am having the same problem.
    Howda
    Don't
    Blood for the PACT
    Dark Elf Dragonknight
    [EU]
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Howda

Have you tried the troubleshooting or opened a support ticket?

If you do have a ticket open, you are welcome to share the ticket number here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Howda
    Howda
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Howda

Have you tried the troubleshooting or opened a support ticket?

If you do have a ticket open, you are welcome to share the ticket number here.

I used repair option on the launcher and it worked, however now it is happening again. It sticks on loading screen after login. It crashes entire rig not just the game.
    Howda
    Don't
    Blood for the PACT
    Dark Elf Dragonknight
    [EU]
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Howda

Thank you for the update!

Since the entire PC is now crashing, I'd recommend moving onto starting a support ticket to have this looked at further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post